• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Elite of the Elite [April 2016]

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Years
  • Welcome to Third Generation's new featured thread- the Poll of the Month! Seeing as this board's a bit slower than most on PokéCommunity, we'll be doing monthly polls rather than weekly ones, but the premise will be the same- pick any of the options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. Also, if any of you have a question that you would like to see featured as the PotM, feel free to send me a VM with your idea(s), or leave it with your post in this thread. If your topic gets picked, you may even be awarded with a special emblem!

Now with all that said, this month's poll question is:

"Do you prefer the Elite Four of Kanto, or Hoenn?"

The Elite Four of any region are generally considered the best trainers around, so maybe it's no surprise to see the similarities between these two sets of elite trainers. The question is though, which of the two do you think is elite-ier? Let the voting begin!!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I voted for Kanto as it has a little more variation of types. Funnily enough, three out of four types overlap between Hoenn and Kanto (namely ice, ghost and dragon), and both ghost and dark is a little too much in my opinion, certainly if your favorite type is psychic. :(

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I voted for the Kanto Elite Four because they had some fierce personalities, and some fun types. Even though both had Dragon and Ice, Ghost and Fighting are great additions.

Years
  • I voted for the Hoenn Elite Four, not because I'm more established with Hoenn compared to Kanto, but I also love the diversity of character designs with the group (especially Phoebe whose design wouldn't usually scream Ghost-types) and Steven is one of the fan faves out of all the Champions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    hmm i think kanto had the better variety of teams, but hoenn had better characters/concepts. i'm going to go with kanto just because of how terrible glacia's team was. how are you going to have an ice elite four member in a tropical region and then strap her with a team of the two ice types in the region?

Sageous

Xatu Lover
    Years
  • I voted for Kanto Elite 4 because I liked the typing and they were actually difficult. Hoenn Elite 4 was always a breeze for me and never that satisfying to beat.

Runiel

I am male
    Years
  • I voted Kanto.

Kanto's Elite Four Members have Diversity in Personality and Typing. Plus, Agatha is one of my Favorite Elite Four Members of all Time, She has a Very Unique Backstory and you don't really see that Often.

Kanto FTW baby

Back