• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alright, who killed the Dartix(es?)

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2021
    So...Decidueye gets ghost type...ok, but doesn't that mean that every Rowlett is fated to die before it reaches maturity? That's on par with Cubone issues.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I think it's more that Rowlet goes from being a narcissistic show off as Dartrix to a mysterious hooded figure. Doubt there's anything more to it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2021
    Speaking of Edgey, I hope he can still channel him. With Alolan Dugrio rocking the Klavier Gavin look, and Oranguru sporting purple shaman robes,, we could have a Phoenix Wright supporting cast party.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Ask Alolan Raichu, I don't even think it knows why it became Electric/Psychic. Maybe its those pancakes? In seriousness, though, a lot of people seem to think Decidueye is based off the Stilt-owl which was a species of Owl that lived on the Hawaiin islands but are now extinct.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    You know, that's something I've been wondering for a while now.

Does having the ghost typing mean a Pokemon is dead? Can it not just mean it has spiritual power or that it's in tune with the afterlife or something? (like a medium)

I mean, I don't really consider Oricorio Sensu form to be dead....I mean why would it be dead when the other forms are still alive.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2021
    This Pokémon is able to move about while completely masking its presence from others. Once an opponent has lost sight of it, Decidueye seizes the chance to attack it unawares. In a tenth of a second, Decidueye plucks an arrow quill from within its wing and sends its hurtling toward its target. Its speed is astonishing, but not more so than its precise aim, which enables the arrow quill to pierce a target through and through from half a mile or more away! Decidueye usually acts very cool, but it can become terribly flustered in unexpected situations like a surprise attack.

A skilled Decidueye can boast acrobatic curved shots. It seems some are also able to shoot arrows that reach up through the sky, only to come drilling down from above, piercing multiple targets one after another.

Spirit Shackle is a Ghost-type physical move that only Decidueye can learn. An opponent hit with this move will become unable to flee from battle or switch out for an ally.

So basically it's stealth...

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Possible explanations:

Archers giving safe passage to animal spirits they hunted. (Bringer of death)

Soul shackle, like a bear trap, is a hunters took that binds their prey with inevitable death. (Bringer of Death)

Various trees of life are recounted in folklore, culture and fiction, often relating to immortality. Non-mortal, rather than dead. (Defier of Death)

It conceals its image from others according to the dex description. (Concealed Soul)

Due to its flight and stealthiness, it moves more like a ghost than bird. (Ghost-like Movement)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Speaking of Edgey, I hope he can still channel him. With Alolan Dugrio rocking the Klavier Gavin look, and Oranguru sporting purple shaman robes,, we could have a Phoenix Wright supporting cast party.
    I thought only female descendants of the Holy Mother could posses enough spiritual power to channel? So he wouldn't be able to channel Edgeworth at all--in fact, Edgeworth is alive, meaning no one at all could channel him!
    latest

In that case, it looks like Dartrix is going to have to be your Edgey-poo in your playthroughs! Unless you're like me and have been naming Pokémon after Ace Attorney characters since way back when, and you have "Edgeworth the Staraptor" in one of your teams already.

Years
  • You know, that's something I've been wondering for a while now.

Does having the ghost typing mean a Pokemon is dead? Can it not just mean it has spiritual power or that it's in tune with the afterlife or something? (like a medium)

I mean, I don't really consider Oricorio Sensu form to be dead....I mean why would it be dead when the other forms are still alive.

It seems more likely that they're living creatures who just happen to have ghost-like powers. I don't think we would even be able to catch them if they were spirits of the dead, since Poke Balls don't seem to work on real ghosts like the ghost of Marowak.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2021
    I thought only female descendants of the Holy Mother could posses enough spiritual power to channel? So he wouldn't be able to channel Edgeworth at all--in fact, Edgeworth is alive, meaning no one at all could channel him!
    latest

In that case, it looks like Dartrix is going to have to be your Edgey-poo in your playthroughs! Unless you're like me and have been naming Pokémon after Ace Attorney characters since way back when, and you have "Edgeworth the Staraptor" in one of your teams already.

You're right, I think once it evolves, Ramsay would suit it better. Dugtrio will definitely be Klavtrio though.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    I think it just depends on the nature of the Pokémon. For example, Yamask's pokedex entry states, roughly, that it was once human and it's spirit was reborn as a Pokémon, implying that it is, literally, a ghost. Whilst if you look at Decidueye's pokedex entry, it's ghost typing is more implied upon the fact that it's a sneaky archer, and is easily startled if a surprise attack is placed on it.

Decidueye's Ghost typing is place upon it because it basically likes to stay in the shadows. So far there has been nothing else that says it is, in fact, a spirit like Yamask.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • He's basically Oliver Queen (Green Arrow: who's a much more lighter ver. of Batman who uses a Bow)

You can also think of him as a ranger who focuses on stealth... hence the ghost typing. Still I hope it gets levitate as his Hidden Ability.

Years
  • I don't think Decidueye getting the Ghost typing means it is dead. It means it has the power to manipulate others that have passed on, given its second typing Grass reflects new-life.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I think it's typing is purely for flavour. Its description says it can move without detection. Also, owls in real life don't make a single sound when they flap their wings which is probably where the inspiration has come from.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
  • Sorry, I killed them! It was an accident, I swear! ;-;

I also think the typing is more symbolic of its archer design. And an unexpected one, as Rowlet and Datrrix were Grass-Flying. Decidueye could have easily kept Flying, as a reference to its sheer agility. Ghost typing was a pleasant surprise!

Back