• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Returning player

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2017
    Hi

Im new to this forum, but not new to pokemon. I played pokemon back in the stone age when red came out and then crystal and then ended with Sapphire....then i just stopped, but a few months back i started watching the show again and the movies and now I'm looking to start playing again just need to figure out which game i want to start with :p anyway thats a bit about me

Razor

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Never fear, for I am here. There's a whole lot of games you can start playing, but I recommend playing Pokemon HGSS (Heart Gold and Soul Silver), because they are the remakes of Gold and Silver. It also introduces the Sinnoh pokemon, or 4 generation of Pokemon. Then you can play either Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum. You know, just slowly work your way up on playing Pokemon til you reach X and Y. So take it slow and steady, okay? Also, do not forget to play some spin-off games like Pokemon Ranger and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series. :)

So besides that Razor, welcome to PC! Please do enjoy your stay here with us! Feel free to VM/PM on any questions you have about the other generations! Or you can visit the Gaming Central because many people there will also be glad to help! Have a wonderful day!

Years
  • Hello Razor Wind, and welcome aboard! Pretty original name you have there.

I know what it's like to take a huge break from Pokemon only to go back to playing again. Usually some people do this when they get disappointed with a generation, but in the end it never hurts to go back and play them to see what you missed. Logical recommended a nice approach you can do to help you get back into the games, but feel free to go at your own pace.

Anyways, you can always visit the various Pokemon sections to discuss every little aspect of the franchise from the games, anime, manga, TCG, and even just the franchise as a whole. Have a very fun time at PC and if you ever need anything you can always ask me or a staff member for assistance. Cheers!

- Hikamaru

Years
  • Hey Razor! Good choice joining, welcome to PC. ^_^

I'd recommend starting with whatever game you left off on and moving up from there but X and Y are certainly great games to get back into the franchise with too. Lots of updates to battle mechanics, a new type, and of course 3D makes it very worthwhile. :) You can immerse yourself in these games as you await Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire that come out in November. Gotta keep busy! The Hoenn remakes are sure to be wonderful.

Very happy to see Pokemon anime fans too aha. Always awesomepossum seeing more of those - I'm pretty into it myself. The X and Y series has been pretty rockin' so far. Enjoy your stay here and hope you'll stick around! Do ask our lovely staff members if you need anything.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2017
    Nice to meet you all. Think ill get the SoulSilver first but Pokemon ranger does sound like it could be a lot of fun...maybe ill just get both to start with.

Thanx for all the tips and suggestions :)

Back