• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wild Newbie Appeared!

Years
  • Hi! :) I've been observing discussions here for quite some time now. I thought it's time to join the fun, so I registered and here I am, starting my own thread. How sweet! :D

Anyway, I'm Cry of Lugia. (Yeah, I don't know how I came up with my odd username.) You can call me Cry of Lugia, CofL, Cry, or Martin (my nickname in real life). I've been playing Pokémon since Generation III. My first Pokémon game is FireRed. My favorite is SoulSilver because Lugia is there. XD I'm into trying (and critiquing) new hacks. I'm also considering making my own in the near future, hopefully, because I somehow have knowledge in hacking.

Let's all have fun! ^_^

P.S. Pardon my frequent use of emoticons.
    P.P.S. I'm from the Philippines, and English is not my mother tongue. Expect grammatical errors. XD

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Don't worry, you aren't the only one that is not native to speaking English; my first language was Spanish cause I'm Mexican : )

Cry of Lugia... neat nickname. You should play some classic games like Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Silver. Old games but they never bore you! So to become a new hacker, huh? Oh well, just make sure to visit the adequate threads for hacking! And feel free to make a thread in the Team Room if you need any help!

Anyway, welcome to PC! Please do enjoy your stay here! My Altaria make your day and please do say freedom!

Years
  • Hello Martin, and I have to say very interesting username you have. I take it you're a Lugia fan if that's anything to go by?

But hey, welcome to PC! I have actually seen a lot of Filipinos hanging around the community which really surprised me at first but hey at least you'll notice that you aren't alone at all. And don't worry about your English skills, as you look around you'll definitely improve since we are an English-speaking forum. Given that you seem to be interested in the ROM hacks here, you should check out our ROM Hacking boards where you'll see some really cool hacks and also get the skills to hopefully make a great hack yourself.

And HG/SS are pretty great Pokemon games, nice polished remakes with a sizable amount of postgame content. I like SoulSilver better of those two just like you, so yeah guess there's something in common here. And 3rd Gen was my first generation as well, so yeah go figure.

I do hope you have a great time here, Martin! Our staff members are always around if you need their assistance, they won't bite I promise. And you can always send me a message if you ever want to chat or make new friends!

- Hikamaru

Back