• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen After FR comes HG.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    So hello there gen 4.
    Playing FR for about a week or so.
    I started to remmember the story line and got a bit bored.yet i never played anything past gen 3.so i cant wait HG.its new pokemon and advanture.
    Just thought i would share.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I think you're really going to like HG. I think it's one of the best, in my opinion. When do you plan on getting it?

Years
  • 'HeartGold' is a great name for a re-make. Especially, it must be said, for something with a Ho-Oh on its cover. Bear in mind that a re-make comes with questions of its own, such as whether you should play it like the original, or try to make it approximate that somehow, etc. That said, it's not really that new in terms of Pokémon or adventure, and in other aspects is basically a re-make with a slightly different look but an approximation of the same content. Given the game, though, you wouldn't be surprised if a certain Shuckle wasn't worth training up.

Raburesu

Technology is incredible!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Something about HGSS made it difficult to get through for me. Not in terms of the difficulty of the game; rather, I'm talking about finding it challenging to actually want to play it. I loved GSC, so I imagined HGSS would be my favourite Pokémon game when it was released, though, in the end, I would wait till the next generation for such a game to be made.

Something about applying the post Generation III EV system and other things like the altered TM accessibility made the game less compelling to me than the originals, even with the vastly improved Kanto and numerous other enhancements.

Don't let what I'm saying deter you from having an excellent personal experience with the game, but for me, GSC just doesn't hold up well as a modern Pokémon game. And that's a shame, because I wanted to like HGSS so much. But I just don't care about it. I didn't even bother reaching Red. What's the point? There's no reward beyond a Kanto Starter. Yippee. And the guy's got a mixed Snorlax. Seriously.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Well the poster above me...i must say
    HG wasnt that good to me.
    Hard to explain but im new to generation 4 and up.
    HG didnt bring me that "i want more"
    I will try a hacked rom but that would be a diff post,

Back