• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Original 150

Years
  • Hey guys, it might just be me, but I have quite the soft spot for the original 150 and notice there are a lot that you cannot easily attain in X and Y. Have many people been bothered to catch the originals lately? Apparently Rattata is one of the harder ones to get... wish that was the case back in 1999.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Meowth is even harder. Not available in Hoenn, but the 1st Gen. remakes spammed it. Soul Silver also had it, but NOT Heart Gold. Not in 5th gen. except for a Yancy trade and maybe one more (though I think I accidentally sent a Shiny born in Unova to Kalos without cloning it because I never noticed...DOH). Not in 6th gen. at all. I recently bred some and sent them in WT (one got me a "NICE" afterwards); even received a different one this evening. That Shiny? Now a Lv.61 Persian and not losing track of it again.

Rattata, at you noted, is a harder one too. It's the first in Pokédex order that cannot be caught in any form in any way in Kalos, but must be imported. Meowth is second lowest. There are a couple more, and I remember Johto is missing Stantler in Kalos among others.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    there are only 22 lines that aren't obtainable in X and Y (not counting legendaries), so if those 22 pokemon aren't in the ruby/sapphire remakes there's just no point in buying them at all! but really, I found them all super easy to get via the gts (tip: NEVER look for a pokemon, post something valuable of yours and ask for the pokemon you want.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    probably going to be way harder than it was in pokemon red and blue by the sounds of it
    The more games there are, the more there is to keep track of. Kanto fills fairly fast, in fact. The Kalos Dex has 454 entries (not including Diancie, Volcarona, or Hoopa), meaning there are only 274 that have to be imported. The Kanto Pokédex is generally covered throughout the game. I found at least three or four in Hoenn (Baltoy and Feebas off the top of my head) that MUST be imported. I only found the two missing, I think, from Kanto (again, off the top of my head). I could perhaps create a list and note exactly what needs to be imported - of course, a lot of legendaries will be on there, maybe 25-30 right there - but 2/3 of the Pokémon are found in some way in this game and even some that can't be caught around Kalos can be caught in Friend Safaris, so you have virtually almost everything in Kanto here.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Eh, I didn't really 'hunt' for any of the original 150 pokemon, other than the starters from the friend safari, but still, I guess I was more in-tuned with the new pokemon, or with using my favourites which most of them bar Nidoqueen and Arcanine weren't part of, haha.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I personally haven't, sadly. Nowdays, I don't really care about Pokédex anymore, or what Pokémon I capture in general. Whatever I do catch is completely random, and if they're lucky and strong enough, they wind up on my in-game team. Last time I've ever done anything Dex-related was when playing Emerald.

Reactions: Sun
    Back