• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wonder Trade challenge

Years
  • I'm buying X today to have it as a game to simply just continually restart and do playthroughs on. My plan for my first playthrough is on the way to meet Sycamore is to catch 4 more pokemon then wondertrade all 5 and use those 5 for the rest of the game. No more no less. Also I will wondertrade away the first Gen starter you get from him. Anyone ever done this/would try this?

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I've done something similar.

Except I traded in my starter for a level 5 cubone and went with the standard Nuzlocke rules except with a few things like:
    - Wonder Trade all captured Pokemon
    - Duplicate Clause
    - Gift Pokemon are not valid Pokemon for use

My run ended some time ago with Charizard as the only Pokemon standing.
    Here's the excel sheet.

Years
  • That actually sounds better then my plans. I just finished Y last night and it was no challenge. I may actually follow your model to give myself the challenge.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I found someone in Quick Trade looking for Eggs and actually suggested to him the Cyclone Egg Challenge™. I would breed Eggs in groups, then you pick one from each group not knowing what any are. The result could be a hilarious team with a common weakness...or it could be a well-balanced team capable of beating the Champion. The first participant defeated his game in Gen. V.

The difference from Gen. V is I can no longer display a choice of three Eggs. So we'd have to do a different way of selecting them.

Years
  • I'm buying X today to have it as a game to simply just continually restart and do playthroughs on. My plan for my first playthrough is on the way to meet Sycamore is to catch 4 more pokemon then wondertrade all 5 and use those 5 for the rest of the game. No more no less. Also I will wondertrade away the first Gen starter you get from him. Anyone ever done this/would try this?

What I did to make the game more interesting was at the start I went and caught 5 pokemon (made a team of six) then traded them with a friend for 6 Eevees I had breed. I then evolved them into different Eeveelutions and finished the game. It was a great experience and I would recommend it if you get the chance ;P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    That would be really fun. I might have to try that.
    I currently have someone who has undertaken the challenge. The only thing I'd need to know is how you'd want to do the challenge. Do you want Eggs of all 18 starters and you wind up with one from each generation? What about an all-Bug team, or all-Psychic team? Do you want to include 18 Eggs covering all 18 types?

The way it would work is you eventually choose six Eggs (and I would only read your choices AFTER setting a final Egg placement, so I don't switch two on purpose to give you garbage). I make allowances for situations where you don't get a Surf user (mandatory to cross Route 12, but only use for the crossing; other Surfing is off-limits and is really not needed) and where you have to travel between distant locations (keep a Pidgey in the PC and teach it Fly when you need to travel somewhere, then switch it right back out). The storyline Kanto starter can be released or just stored in the PC. The Lucario you get from Korrina MUST be used in the Mega Stone battle in the storyline, but it can then be deposited. If you want, at Anistar, go ahead and give a random baby Pokémon to the man who dies after you beat the E4; I'll allow that. (Just don't give it your Fly user or you'll regret it later if you have to Fly somewhere.)

I know if I offer such a challenge in OR/AS I'll HAVE to include a Surf user (Routes 124-133), so three Eggs will contain those possible users and you therefore must get one. After all, it's necessary to use that and also to climb the waterfall to Victory Road. We also have the problem of TMs being used all over Hoenn, so an Egg challenge would be a lot harder for that very reason, and I'd have to take anything like that into account. But it could be done!

Back