• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(RMT) "Trial Run"

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    Empoleon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    Calm (SpD+/Atk-)
    252 HP/160 Def/ 92 SpD/ 4 Spe
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Roar
    -Stealth Rock

Burrowing from syndrome since I honestly cannot come up with a proficent lead.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Relaxed (Def+/Spe-)
    252 Hp/ 48 Def/ 208 SpD
    -Leech Seed
    -Power Whip
    -Spikes
    -Thunder Wave

It's great at walling pokemon if it ever gets the chance to wall the right one. Thunder Wave and spikes is great for team support.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Bold (Def+/Atk-)
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
    -Scald
    -Recover
    -Toxic
    -Ice Beam

Originally vaporeon, Jellicent does the same thing almost as vaporeon by walling certain bulky waters and other pokemon. I lose out on team healing and stats, but also gain a cover to a fighting weakness.

Scizor @ Iron Plate
    Ability: Technician
    Adamant (Atk+/SpA-)
    252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
    Sword Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Break Break
    Bug Bite

The idea behind this moveset allows scizor to balance is various variations from one scizor to another. No lifeorb means I do not have to worry about increasing its bulk, and I do not have to focus on increased HP or roost. That means I can invest in speed EVs to allow it to outspeed other scizor and many other slower pokemon with its increased type coverage. Iron Plate allows scizor to revenge kill stuff with bullet punch. No investment in HP allows Scizor to switch in through hazards one more time than usual. Provided it does not get hit.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: FlashFire
    Naive (Spe+/SpD-)
    252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Hp
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Flamethrower
    -Earth Power
    -Explosion

The biggest reason for Heatran is as a meatshield against fire attacks aimmed at ferrothorn and scizor. To further reduce my fighting weakness, I am contemplating switching out heatran with another pseudo-bulk pokemon to take fire attacks. Or simply change up Heatran's moveset.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    Naive (Spe+/SpD-)
    252 Spe/128 SpA/128 Atk
    -Dark Pulse
    -Outrage
    -Flamethrower
    -Surf

I modeled this pokemon after Salamence's Gen 4 success. It's a special sweeper without set-up. It has good coverage against common walls, but can hit hard with neutral damage from dark pulse. If it runs into a special wall of some kind, outrage is there to wipe the pokemon out. Life Orb and sandstorm will likely wipe this pokemon out.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Since you have a pretty big Fihgting weakness, I think that Jellicent can go in Vaporeon's place:
    -Scald
    -Recover
    -Toxic
    -Taunt/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
    Nature: Calm/Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SDef or Def/4 Def or SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb

And for Scizor, max HP makes it die to SR if it switches in 8 times, assuming it didn't take any damage during that time. Move 4 HP EVs into Speed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion with Jellicent, I had been wondering about how it might perform over Vaporeon since they basically do the same thing (bar different recovery and stats).

I made a mistake with Scizor. I cannot believe I missed it. It should be max speed instead of HP, but I'll fix the HP to account for switches.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    It's really useless to run Stealth Rock on two Pokemon - it's going to be a wasted slot on one or the other. And if you're running SR on your lead, you should be able to set it up with your lead; that's why it's a lead SR setter, haha. Run Spikes > SR on your Ferrothorn. If you pick up Jellicent that can prevent your hazards from being spun away as well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    After testing out Empoleon for a bit, I am suprised how often it works in either taken out a lead pokemon or settin-up stealth rock. So, I'll go and make that change Vrai truekou .

Back