• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trix are for kids? How about a room full of them! - VGC 2011 RMT

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
*cough* bad title *cough*​

Anyway, that wonderful event we all know and love is coming around again, so, angry at my loss in the Regionals last year (second round W00T), I decided to get my revenge. That'll be a bit Tricky...OH WAIT.

If you couldn't catch on to that, this team will feature a rather strange move known as Trick Room, notorious for ruining opponents as all their speed boosts and fast Pokemon becomes their downfall.

I'm sure I'm boring you by now with this history lesson, so I'll just get back to the real purpose of this thread: The Tricky Trick Room Team That Tricks People.

Overview

591.gif
579.gif
534.gif
589.gif

The TTRTTTP (Don't Make Me Say The Name Again)

591.gif

Amoonguss (M) @ Red Card
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect
- Giga Drain

This used to be Volcarona, but the 4x weakness to Rock and the popularity of Jellicent on PO made it less useful. Besides, Mushroom Man is the only Unova Pokemon to get Spore AND only one of two to get Rage Powder, the other being the previously mentioned fire moth. Rage Powder draws in foes while Reuniclus sets up Trick Room and beats up things. What makes it fun is that Red Card shuffles the opponent's team around, sometimes ruining their strategy. Giga Drain is there for the sake of an attacking move, since incoming Taunts at Reuniclus (and redirected to Amoonguss) usually means that I'll be locked into it.

579.gif

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Reuniclus is there to set up TR while also beating the crap out of its foes with its high Sp. Atk and great coverage with Shadow Ball and Focus Blast. Psyshock is there for STAB, or should I use Psychic? LO is godly without that nasty recoil, all thanks to the wonderful Magic Guard, which also helps me if I'm burned or poisoned as it prevents Paralysis or Sleep from affecting me.

534.gif

Conkeldurr (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge

I should call this guy RAGEQUIT, because that's just what he's good at. Amoonguss helps Conkeldurr too with Rage Powder while Conkeldurr sets up with Bulk Up AND the Guts boost from Flame Orb, which makes its Attack skyrocket to ~474! (This is at lv. 50 btw) That's scary, especially when you have a priority Mach Punch.

589.gif

Escavalier (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Protect

I'm looking for replacements for our little bug/knight thing, as he hasn't really been doing much for this team. Swords Dance to raise Attack, and then just spam Megahorn.

I'm also looking for 2 extra Pokemon that could help; although this already is a complete team for the VGC's, it always helps to switch it up a little bit. :D

Back