• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Epidemic [M]

Residays

Mind Conquerer
Years

Epidemic

Game Owner: Residays

Game Moderators: None yet.

The date takes place in the present. Three years ago, the now called, but not previously "GZCT" (Government Zombie Cure Team) were making experiments on animals, However in a neglect some of the animals escaped from the testing room, sadly, their experiments caused unexpected diseases and changes on the carrier of such virus. Upon their escape, the animals spread the virus with the entire planet. Including humans. Luckily.. Not everyone is infected.

IT IS CURRENTLY AUTUMN, DAY 1/30
Autumn lasts 30 days.
Winter and Summer last 20 days.
1 In Real Life Day is One In-game Day, All days end and begin at 12:00 PM GMT -4:00
The order for seasons is Autumn then Winter then Summer and so on.

JOINING:

Upon, joining you must be either a Survivor, Bandit, Soldier or Infected. You may only change character on death. You may optionally bring a name and gender, upon not specifying a name, you will be refered to as your username, upon not specifying a gender you will be refered as "They". You must also specify 1 weapon of your choice (Attachments/Healing items count as weapons.) as a survivor or bandit, 2 as a Soldier. All humans have a maximum of 5 slots, apart from that, you will also have a crowbar and 1 magazine (In case of shells/Planks/Stakes: 50% amount of that gun's original base ammo, rounded up in case of decimal.) (Zombies cannot carry weapons, Bandits may have a pet.)
Zombies only have 1 range.

EX: /join Survivor, Zahid, Male, Glock. *Area*

THE RULES:

Game Basics:

• [*]Any kind of RP type is allowed, from minimal to detailed. Anyone can join at any time and the amount of players is unlimited.
    [*]You may not post more than once after your post unless 8 hours have passed. Melees may hit once per turn and can deal 200% damage if you don't move., Weapons can shoot as many times as they please (As long as your faction 3 range close doesn't exceed noise), you may only use 1 weapon per turn/post.
    [*]Grappling disallows the human to do something until the grapple ends.
    [*]Every 2 days, a random item in a random area will appear.
    [*]No godmodding, you cannot make your characters control another or make yours have non-natural powers. Survivors, Bandits and Soldiers have 20 HP, Infected health varies. You must moderate your own Status (Weapons, Health, Etc)
    [*]You may not change factions (This counts turning as one of the infected as a human.) upon joining as one unless you die by a natural and logical reason.
    [*]Game moderators can play, and they can exclude you from the game anytime they wish. They are also the only ones able to expand the map, and realize any game moderative actions.
    [*]You may start playing in any location from the map 3 areas away from players of opposing factions, and you may move from 1 area to a maximum of 3 per post as a human, 2 as an infected.
    [*]A player who has not posted after 10 posts may not be harmed, or harm until they post. A player who has not posted after 50 posts, will simply be out of the game, you can, however, continue from your last post.

THE CONTENT:
(You don't need to read everything, just what matters for you.)

Faction Conditions:

Survivors
You are allies with Survivors.
You may spare Soldiers.
You must kill Bandits, Infecteds.

Soldiers
You are allies with Soldiers.
You may spare Survivors.
You must kill Bandits, Infecteds.

Bandits
You may spare Bandits.
You must kill Survivors, Soldiers, Infecteds.

Infecteds
You are allies with Infecteds.
You must kill Survivors Soldiers. Bandits.

Weapons:
Crowbar: (Melee, 1 Slot)
The backup weapon of every survivor, It's pretty good if you want to avoid making noise.
Damage: 5
Noise: 2/50
Range: 1

Sledgehammer: (Melee, 2 Slots)
It's big and strong!
Damage: 10
Noise: 6/50

CQC Crossbow (Hybrid, 2 Slots)
It not only can be used as a melee weapon, it can shoot projectiles, too!
Damage: 4 (12 When Shooting)
Noise: 1/50 (7 When Shooting)
Range: 1 (3 When Shooting)
Ammo: 1, Stakes.

Barricader-BM (Hybrid, 1 Slot)
Can lock an area.
Damage: 1.
Noise: 5/50. (2 When melee attacking)
Range: 1.
Ammo: 1, planks.

Glock: (1 Slot)
The starting weapon of every survivor, it's pretty good most of the time.
Damage: 4
Noise: 3/50
Range: 2
Ammo: 17, Magazines.

Silver Eagle: (1 Slot)
A handcannon.
Damage: 6
Noise: 7/50
Ammo: 8, Magazines.

AK-47 (1 Slots)
A soviet union assault rifle which is pretty good for getting rid of the infected.
Noise: 6/50
Ammo: 30, Magazines.

M4A1 (2 Slots)
A military assault rifle.
Damage: 3.5
Noise: 4/50
Ammo: 30, Magazines.

Exterminator (2 Slots)
A heavy machine gun able to kill many zombies and allows the shooter to reload quickly.
Damage: 3
Noise: 7/50
Ammo: 50, Magazines.
Ability: Reloads automatically the same turn.

Old Shotgun (2 Slots)
It makes a lot of noise, It only has 2 shells, But it's pretty powerful.
Damage: 10
Noise: 10/50
Ammo: 2, Shells.

Remington: (2 Slots)
This shotgun has more shells than what it shoulx..
Noise: 3/50.
Ammo: 8, Shells.

Super Shotty (1 Slot)
It's a small and fun shotgun, But only has 3 shells.
Damage: 8
Bleeding: 14/50
Noise: 4/50
Ammo: 3, Shells.

Old Sniper Rifle (2 Slots)
It's so old it can only reload 1 ammo per turn! But it's pretty good apart from that.
Damage: 16
Noise: 25/50
Range: 4
Ammo: 5, Old Sniper Ammo.
Flaw: Only reloads 1 bullet per player's turn.

Sharpshooter: (1 Slot)
An experiment which seems to cause a lot of noise.
Damage: 15
Noise: 15/50.
Range: 4
Ammo: 4, Magazines.

Spikerang: (2 Slots)
It's a boomerang with spikes and technology..
Damage: 9
Noise: 10/50.
Range: 3
Uses: 8, Repairable (Repair Kit)

Military Grenade: (1 slot)
Just your typical military grenade.
Damage: 6 (Per enemy in zone)
Noise: 20/50.
Range: 2 (1 When Exploding)
Flaw: Only usable once.

Military Flashbang: (1 Slot)
Blinds enemies, Like a typical flashbang.
Damage: 1
Noise: 15/50.
Range: 2 (1 When Exploding)
Ability: Disallows zombies to grapple for 3 turns and enemy players' range is decreased by 1 during Versus Mode for 3 turns.

Claymore: (1 slot)
Probably not made with clay.
Damage: 6 (Per enemy in zone)
Noise: 20/50.
Range: 1 (1 When Exploding)
Ability: Explodes on contact with anyone after 1 turn.

Planks: 10 HP.

Healing Items:

Medkit:
Heals 15 HP, Heals 4 Infection.

Pills:
Heals 6 HP, Heals 10 Infection.

Bandages:
Heals 4 HP, Heals 1 infection.

Defibrillator:
Brings back a fallen fellow player to life with 10 HP.

Auto-Shock:
While on inventory, will revive with 8 HP after 2 turns.

Adrenaline:
You may move 1 additional area for 4 turns, effect doesn't stack, heals 2 HP.

Hot Chocolate:
Decreases freeze by 6.

Attachments:
Silencer:
Cuts noise by 50%, Weapon does 25% less damage.

Scope:
Increases range by 1, Weapon does 25% more noise.

ACOG:
Increases range by 2, 25% more noise and less damage.

Knife:
Disallows zombies to grapple you, Decreases range by 1. (Except for weapons with only 1 range.)

Attached Frying Pan:
Gives the possibility of making melee attacks and shooting. Decreasing 1-3 movable areas depending on wanted damage.

Venomous-RJ:
Enemies shot will receive 25% weapon's original damage for amount of range turns, loosing 50% range rounded down in case of decimal. (Except for 1 range weapons.)

Flashlight:
Increases range by 1 in the dark.

Zombies:
Casual: (25 HP, 2 Infection, 2 Damage (8 Infection and 1 Damage Grappling))

Infected Riot Police: (15 HP, 20 Armor, 2 Damage +1 HP per hit. (1 Damage Grappling) +4 HP after grapple.)

Fallen DJ (20 HP, 2 Damage (8 Infection and 1 Damage Grappling. Every area you move trough you will add 3 global noise for humans 3 range close.))

Lifter (22 HP, 3 Damage (3 Infection and 2 Damage Grappling))

Clown (20 HP, 2 Infection, 1 Damage and 2 Damage Grappling) (Can move 1 additional area.))

Fallen Military Soldier: (20 HP, 1 Damage. (2 Damage Disarming.) (Grappling is replaced by Disarming.))

Stomper: (20 HP, 2 Damage (Can stomp to deal 1 Damage to all survivors in the same area.)

Thrower: (20 HP, 2 Damage (Can throw survivors 1 range away, dealing 1 Damage to the survivor.))

Armor:

Repair Kit: Repairs 50% Base armor capacity.

Protection Glasses: 5 Armor.

Kevlar Vest: 9 Armor.

Riot Leggings: 6 Armor.

Touque: Increases turns to freeze by 1. 4 Hitpoints.

Parka: Increases turns to freeze by 3. 7 Hitpoints.

Snowpants: Increases turns to freeze by 2. 4 Hitpoints.

Pets: (Can do what you want, like an additional character for you.)

Trained Beaver: 10 HP, 4 stamina, 1 Range, 4 Damage, Can lock areas with planks.)

Vested Wolf: 12 HP, 8 Armor, 3 Stamina, 2 Range, 4 Damage.)

World Events:

Seasons:

Autumn: No changes.

Winter: If staying in the cold for more than 7 posts, you may only move 1 area away per post Until after 3 posts.

Summer: If players have been moving trough 12 areas non-stop, Lose 1 HP.

Events:

Full Moon: Range is increased by 1 for all survivors.

New Moon: Scopes and ACOGS will not benefit in any way, Flashlights will be able to increase range. -1 Range for all survivors.

THE MAP: (Say /votemapext to vote to extend.)
MA9SRdW.png

Last edited:
Years
I have a few questions and some feedback:

1) If we can't post every day for an extended period of time, say I'm in other roleplays and can only post about once a week, does that mean that my character loses 6 in game days and can be targeted and killed while I'm focusing on other things? I don't really want to post short little things just to prevent my character from dying. I'd much rather post one quality post a week than seven short and rushed ones.

2) What's Karma used for other than jailing people, why is it a thing, and why are you immune? As far as I see it's used for making people unable to play, which is a very odd mechanic because nobody wants to be prevented from playing. If this is like some way of you automating moderation of the roleplay, I'd suggest you just run the roleplay yourself and don't force players to have to worry about people breaking rules as you take care of any issues yourself. Players don't want to worry about that sort of thing, and expect that you'll handle everything for them.

3) What are all the colors on the map for? And what's the difference between those and "empty areas"?

4) Is there more history, background information about the area? Maybe tell us what it looks like, what it was like before the tragedy struck so we can form our character's history a bit better and we don't get two people with conflicting backstories. Like for instance someone referencing that there used to be skyscrapers here and someone else saying their family farm.

Other than that this looks pretty cool. I really haven't seen any roleplays here with mechanics as complex as this so hopefully it works out for you!

Residays

Mind Conquerer
Years
I have a few questions and some feedback:

1) If we can't post every day for an extended period of time, say I'm in other roleplays and can only post about once a week, does that mean that my character loses 6 in game days and can be targeted and killed while I'm focusing on other things? I don't really want to post short little things just to prevent my character from dying. I'd much rather post one quality post a week than seven short and rushed ones. There is already a rule that prevents characters that haven't posted so they can't be harmed or harm others.

2) What's Karma used for other than jailing people, why is it a thing, and why are you immune? As far as I see it's used for making people unable to play, which is a very odd mechanic because nobody wants to be prevented from playing. If this is like some way of you automating moderation of the roleplay, I'd suggest you just run the roleplay yourself and don't force players to have to worry about people breaking rules as you take care of any issues yourself. Players don't want to worry about that sort of thing, and expect that you'll handle everything for them. I agree with your statement here, so I have removed karma.

3) What are all the colors on the map for? And what's the difference between those and "empty areas"? Colors are just for helping the human eye, they do nothing at all. Survivors can move, but not stay in empty areas. While the infected can stay there.

4) Is there more history, background information about the area? Maybe tell us what it looks like, what it was like before the tragedy struck so we can form our character's history a bit better and we don't get two people with conflicting backstories. Like for instance someone referencing that there used to be skyscrapers here and someone else saying their family farm. Well, the map is supossed to be up to the player's imagination.

Other than that this looks pretty cool. I really haven't seen any roleplays here with mechanics as complex as this so hopefully it works out for you!

Back