• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black Screen After Warp? [Solved]

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2023
    I feel like an idiot. I have to be missing SOMETHING. But no matter what I do and try, I can't make it work. Every time I try to move from one particular map to another, it just goes black. It doesn't matter where the warp is supposed to go, it just goes black and stays black. The music plays as normal, but nothing happens and the menu can't be accessed.

Let me try to phrase that better. Every time I try to move from map A to map B, the screen goes black and stays black. I'm using the same door scripts as every other door in the game. I can warp from Map A to maps C-Z with no problem. I can move from maps C-Z to map B with no problem. It's just that one connection of Map A and Map B.

I upgraded to 16.2 and recreated the whole game in it to avoid any errors or missing scripts, so it's not a '16.1 to 16.2' problem, either.

Thanks in advanced for any help, and I'm sorry for asking such a simple question.

[EDIT]
    As I thought, it was something stupid. It turns out I had an event auto starting before it was supposed to. (a switch problem I had going). I figured it out after redoing the map again and noticing that I could warp, but not move. Silly me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2023
    Okay, I got a bunch of gifs, but the problem has worsened. I can't get any map to go to Map B anymore. It's a route. I'm going to try completely remaking the map and see if the problem is fixed.

Pictures: (and please ignore any weirdness. I'm in like, stage 1 of development.)
    Spoiler:

As you can see, the door script is fine. I can move from the little grove to the inside of the building. I can move from the grove to the town. But if I try to warp onto the Route the screen goes black and if I try to walk into it from the town the character simply stops moving as if there's an invisible wall. All my map connections are correct. I'm going to recreate the map completely, as I said, and see if that fixes any of this.

Back