• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite -Final- Boss(s)?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • 138599988945.png

Just as the title suggests, what are your favourite final bosses from any video game? Why? How tough were they, and how did you manage to beat them? How about the music - did you enjoy the end game boss music?

Feel free to share! My answer coming up soon!

TY

I really liked the final boss of Tiberian Sun: Firestorm, the Core Defender. Being tough as hell and really being one of the last things CABAL has before you kill his base, this thing can just wipe out your entire base without perfect preparation. I just made a ton of Disruptor tanks in both the GDI and NOD campaign (capturing a GDI base to get them in the NOD campaign). Otherwise i never thought i could beat it.

Also the final battle with Razor in NFS: Most Wanted (the old one) was quite a challenge to beat, however i did not have a big expensive car, but actually i beated him in the car i started my career with xD

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I loved Earthbound's final battle. Seeing how much Gigyas changed from Mother, where he's some alien, to Mother 2 (Earthbound) where he's now some formless embodiment of evil, was pretty sweet. Then you have Paula's constant pleas toward humanity and the famous line: "You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!" makes for an epic final battle and ending.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • From the time I started playing video games my favorite type of boss battles are one-on-one fights. Where it's your skill, against the opponents. No tricks, no puzzles. Just you and him. With that said. My favorite boss battle was this one:

Spoiler:

Despite being rigged and victory is always assured, this was the battle I was dreaming of through every minute of my first playthrough.

Although it's short, it message is epic.

You versus Him.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd have to say Ansem from the first Kingdom Hearts game since it brought upon the feeling to me that this was destruction incarnate and that I had to kill it no matter how hard the fight would be. Plus the battle theme for the final part just felt amazing when I first heard it.

Also of note was Terranort when playing as the Lingering Sentiment in BBS. That felt pretty epic too when undergoing Terra's journey in that game.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Gwyn, Lord of Cinder - Dark Souls
    Oh boy do I love me some Dark Souls and this final boss is an absolute hell storm like if Hell ate a really good burito and this is the bathroom in the morning afterwoods, git gud scrub!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Ah, I should explain my favourite final bosses now. They include the final bosses from some of the Fire Emblem Games, the Tales games, and the final bosses from Megaman Battle Network games, but well, I'll just bring you my favourite;

Well, yes, first I loved the final boss from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, which was Ashera, the god of 'order' so to speak. She was quite a difficult for a Fire Emblem game, in which first you'd have to break each one of her protective 'auras', other wise you won't be able to actually combat her. Even when you've destroyed the auras, there's another catch if you'd want to defeat her - you have to beat her with only the weapons that were 'blessed', which you'll be able to have your weapons blessed at an earlier part of the final chapter, but, yes, it's the only way to harm her or else you won't deal any damage.

But even if you're attempting to kill her with a blessed weapon, she does a ton, and another ton of damage, so, you'd have to pick the right units for your party before rushing in the final chapter, or else you'll find that your units will one by one be all slaughtered. oo;; Each turn she damages everyone of your units, and she does really big damage with her Judgment attack. Even if you do kill her, she'll automatically be brought to life, unless you bring her down with Ike. Sooo yeah, tricky final boss, but, I do love playing against her!

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Hands down the most influential character in the entire Metal Gear series, and arguably the one with the most tragic story (although I myself would give that one to Big Boss). The fight itself is challenging, especially on higher difficulties, and there is a non-displayed time limit on the fight. The theme song starts playing in the background when time's about half over, and if you haven't won by the time the song ends you're bombed by a fighter jet flyby that results in both of your deaths.

The story builds to the inevitability of this fight over the course of the whole game, and it isn't until the debriefing that you truly understand why the fight both was and was not necessary.

Years
  • Mine's the final boss of Sonic Rush Adventure. It's appetizingly climactic and, unlike most Sonic bosses, reliably takes 5+ minutes to beat.

I also like the Sonic Colors final boss. Nowhere near as easy as the previous ones, and it actually made use of all of the Wisps from earlier in the game, thereby validating my earlier experiences and summing it all up quite nicely.

Back