• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YOU SHALL NEVER HACK MY ACCOUNT HEHEHEH

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • Pardon the title, but what is your opinion on account security measures, be it phone numbers, backup e-mails, recovery questions, etc. Do you use them? What have you found to be reliable? What do you think is a waste of time/energy? Do you think your accounts are safe with how you've set them? Discuss.

I think that recovery questions cover me most of the time, since I hate giving away info like phone numbers because some corporation tells me it'll make me "safer". The question I usually use is "how old were you when you lived at the green house?", which is by far the most ingenious recovery question I've ever come up with; impossible for anyone but me to even gander a guess. :p

(by the way, it's not an integer, so don't bother trying hax kthx ;D)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I also hate giving out phone number (Google always pesters me with this...) and I use recovery questions only if they are enforced.
    Since I'm using 20 or more letters passwords I don't think someone can find out that easily.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    SMS recoveries is too cliche as your phone get stolen, the thief able to retrieve it as unlikely reliable source even you have no hand-phone. Also putting your birthday would put you into risk of being stolen or hacked anyway ~w~ from people who ask or seek your profile.

Secret questions is far easiest to handle that you can set random junk to prevent someone from going in.

conclusion, most of these depends how secure to retrieve your info.

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
    Years
  • Most of the time when I need to give My telephone number I don't use it.
    Getting MY pasword back with EMail is no problem for me :)

Back