• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Why are spoilers banned in signatures?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • As it says in the rules, they take up an exorbitant amount of space due to padding and extra blank space and there really isn't a need for 'em.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Also, people would shove a bunch of stuff in spoilers in their signatures that would otherwise make it past the limits, so that was also a factor in not allowing them anymore.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Out of curiosity, what would you put in a spoiler in your signature? I'm okay revisiting the rule if there's a reasonable use case that we hadn't thought of when banning them.

Not me, I really don't mind the rule, but I guess other people might like it. I've just seen a lot of signatures from posts from a few years ago disabled because of it. I was just curious, haha.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I suppose it can be used to circumnavigate the signature width/height rules, which I *think* are possibly there for server stress as well as taking up space on people's monitors. You could put a huge picture in your sig and tag it with spoilers; it wouldn't be seen, but your browser will still load it which slows down the page load.

Back