• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could create your own Pokémon type, what would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
  • The closest thing to an actual type would be Energy (forces like gravity / feng shui / etc), void, and light. There's no need for any of them though. :[

TentacruelZ

Tentacruel Rulez The Sea
    Years
  • Dinosaur type weakness ice and fire strong aginst grass and electric or something i dont know the weaknesses and non weaknesses all i know is that Dinosaur type pokemon would pawn

HamsterPants

Worm Trainer
    Years
  • Light Type is a type that I came up with a few years ago, I've always thought about it. I think that both Dark types and Light types should be super effective against eachother.

If there were a light type, it would have to be 'not very effective' against Ghost types at least; otherwise Sableye and Spiritomb would then have weaknesses.

Years
  • Mine would be very special.

A type that is weak to all types. But once it gets hit by a attack move of any type, it turns INTO that type. Then can bypass the 4 move limit and use any move of that type.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    i'd say light, but dark isn't truly "evil", they fight with dirty tricks, but not truely evil
    and dark is weak to fighting, fighting types fight with honor, but... they would also make so much sense when it comes to a new type. i see pokemon as espeon being light. since its opposite of the moonlight pokemon: umbreon

light pokemon could use attacks such as: purity, heal, light beam, angel beam etc
    specializing in healing attacks, and more ''holy'' attacks,

they could be strong against ghost and dark, and poison, weak against fighting, and grass, and immune to poison (due to them being healers)

we need something for Normal to be super effective against too >.>
    Maybe Virtual

Weak against Normal and Fight, Strong against Electric (absorbs electric energy to power itself), and immune to...uhmm maybe ghost >3>?

Last edited:

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • Light having religious moves/abilities is a no go. Nintendo got crap because Jynx had black skin, do you really think that them based a type with religious undertones is a good idea?

PokeMoon

Proud "Teh New Era" Member
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    Jelly Pokemon!
    Super effective to fighting and normal. [You can't punch through jelly and kill it!]
    Weakness: Ice[Frozen Jelly? Bleh :O] and Bird type.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    not religous

but more "pure" in a sense. instead of attacks like taunt and torment on dark

i could see these light as being healers fighting fair. i could also see sing as a basic attack they can learn

obviously tho the appearance of light types would look more angelic in a way. white colors, nicer, light pure colors. which might explain why there is no light type and instead the dark are weak against the honorable fighters, light could easily be misinterpretted as holy o3o

keep in mind these are only ideas for fun, and they dont have to be taken seriously o3o

@PokeMoon

ROFL do i have to mention how much that reminds me of Neopets "Jelly" xDDD;;

They could be weak against normal
    watch the munchlax nomnomnom it 8O

in that case i want a Peanut Butter type ;O;/hit lol

---------

Rainbow type:
    end of story
    Arceus could be rainbow type
    Kecleon could be rainbow

a type of all types, a type that can become anytype

plus rainbows are purtyful :D

Last edited:

HamsterPants

Worm Trainer
    Years
  • For people who say 'mystic' or 'magic' type, I'd assume that Psychic-type is pretty much that.​
    I know alot about the difference between magic, psychic, and spiritual power. I practice psychic abilities using chi, which is a spiritual resource, and there is defenitely a difference between chi and "psychic power". Chi can be absorbed from the surrounding elements, as it is like the invisible substance that gives all matter it's programming, it is also perhaps what our spirits are made out of, except our spirits are more complex in form, that is why we are able to control it and concentrate it to control the elements. Psychic power is a completely different thing altogether, and is controlled by our minds. Magic, I dont practice using, as I feel it to be evil power.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    The only type I can think of would probably be light. (Like almost everyone else -_-)
    I would have it weak to dark and super effective against dark. However, I don't see why light would be super effective against ghost. Grass types would be immune to it, as would fire types. It would most likely be immune to poison. I'd sorta think of it as a neutral type, like normal.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Dinosaur type weakness ice and fire strong aginst grass and electric or something i dont know the weaknesses and non weaknesses all i know is that Dinosaur type pokemon would pawn

Actually, I could go for this instead of making them all Rock-type :|

Weaknesses: Fire, Ice, Water, Ground
    Resistances: Grass, Dragon
    Strengths: Normal, Fighting, Flying
    Resisted By: Steel, Dragon, Fire, Ground
    Immunities: None

Move basis
    -- Powerful attacks that have some sort of recoil, like Head Smash, Hyper Beam, etc.
    -- Resistance-boosting moves.
    -- Priority move (for Rampy <3)
    -- Moves that flinch.

^ sort of like Normal-type so far.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2009
    Hrm... another type of Pokemon. That's pretty difficult considering Nintendo has already covered a really broad range. The only ones that seem probably at all are virus and light. Porygon would definitely need to be switched to virus and light would be a contrast to dark obviously. Nothing really else that could be said as again, Nintendo pretty much has it all covered.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Gas? (Koffing/Drifloon(?) etc.)
    Lunar (Clefairy, Lunatone etc.)
    Light (obviously XD) (Volbeat (?), Illumise (?) etc.)
    ...that's it...for now. XD

Swampoleongaurdian

Team Galactic Member
    Years
  • I'd say...

Glitch type:

Super effective against: Normal, Bug, Ground, Rock, Water, Psychic, Dragon, Fighting, and Ice

Weak against: *light*, Dark, Ghost, Flying, Dragon, Psychic, and Steel

Normal effectiveness: Fire, Grass, Dragon, electric, Psychic, and ???

For the Glitch Pokemon Like Missingno..

TentacruelZ

Tentacruel Rulez The Sea
    Years
  • Actually, I could go for this instead of making them all Rock-type :|

Weaknesses: Fire, Ice, Water, Ground
    Resistances: Grass, Dragon
    Strengths: Normal, Fighting, Flying
    Resisted By: Steel, Dragon, Fire, Ground
    Immunities: None

Move basis
    -- Powerful attacks that have some sort of recoil, like Head Smash, Hyper Beam, etc.
    -- Resistance-boosting moves.
    -- Priority move (for Rampy <3)
    -- Moves that flinch.

^ sort of like Normal-type so far.

nice i like the sounds of that the only dinos i can think off is Aerodactyl(of coarse) Rampados Baistrodon Feraligatr and Tropius(if you count him as a dino) and the moves can also be bite,chomp ect...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back