• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

;-; I always try to Platinum my games, but there's always, always one bloody trophy that ruins everything.
    Tell me about it...if it isn't a difficulty related trophy, it's a minigame one. If not that, a multiplayer one. There's always something. With the Arland trilogy, it's the ending trophies - character events are very easy to miss, and there's a lot of reloading to be done if you want to get them all in one playthrough...that nice selection option the Dusk games gave you is a new thing. xD

Years
  • Tell me about it...if it isn't a difficulty related trophy, it's a minigame one. If not that, a multiplayer one. There's always something. With the Arland trilogy, it's the ending trophies - character events are very easy to miss, and there's a lot of reloading to be done if you want to get them all in one playthrough...that nice selection option the Dusk games gave you is a new thing. xD

Ugh, yes. I always look at trophies before getting the actual game to see what I'm in for, but for the most part, it never changes my decision to buying. It's just awfully painful to be so close yet so far ;-;

pkmin3033

If I really want to play a game with a depressing trophy list, I just play it on a separate account I made for that purpose, aha. I've got a lot of unfinished games on my main account, but they're do-able plats if I put the time in. For those that aren't for whatever reason, I just play them elsewhere, aha.

I went trophy crazy last year. This year I'm focusing more on playing more than completing more. xD

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017

Did you pre-order a limited/collector's edition? o:

Nope, Bloodborne only came out today in the UK so conveniently the mail arrived in the afternoon-ish. IT'S HERE NOW THOUGH...just waiting on the patch to download and then imma dive in.

Years
  • If I really want to play a game with a depressing trophy list, I just play it on a separate account I made for that purpose, aha. I've got a lot of unfinished games on my main account, but they're do-able plats if I put the time in. For those that aren't for whatever reason, I just play them elsewhere, aha.

I went trophy crazy last year. This year I'm focusing more on playing more than completing more. xD

Can't resist that sound when you achieve a trophy though c: One of the best feelings in the world, even if it's not a Platinum. Closest game I've come to getting the Platinum trophy for is Drakengard 3, but that damned Branch D ending...-shakes fist-

Nope, Bloodborne only came out today in the UK so conveniently the mail arrived in the afternoon-ish. IT'S HERE NOW THOUGH...just waiting on the patch to download and then imma dive in.

-looks at user location- Well, now everything makes sense, haha. Enjoy killing, and being killed!

pkmin3033

Can't resist that sound when you achieve a trophy though c: One of the best feelings in the world, even if it's not a Platinum. Closest game I've come to getting the Platinum trophy for is Drakengard 3, but that damned Branch D ending...-shakes fist-
    True...especially if you've had to really work for it. Sometimes the Platinum just comes as a relief after a horribly challenging trophy...like the Insanity trophy in Mass Effect 3, or the horrible minigame trophies in FFX HD.

That one is on my to-do list for precisely that reason...I started it, but I haven't gone back to it yet. I think I'll probably be able to do it - if I can get the Maestro trophy in BBS, I can handle anything rhythm based! xD - but I'm in no rush for hours of frustration and awkward syncing to a video to do it, aha.

Most (read: all) of my platinums are easy ones, though. Some, like the Tales ones, are just time consuming as hell. xD

Years
  • True...especially if you've had to really work for it. Sometimes the Platinum just comes as a relief after a horribly challenging trophy...like the Insanity trophy in Mass Effect 3, or the horrible minigame trophies in FFX HD.

That one is on my to-do list for precisely that reason...I started it, but I haven't gone back to it yet. I think I'll probably be able to do it - if I can get the Maestro trophy in BBS, I can handle anything rhythm based! xD - but I'm in no rush for hours of frustration and awkward syncing to a video to do it, aha.

Most (read: all) of my platinums are easy ones, though. Some, like the Tales ones, are just time consuming as hell. xD

Haven't touched Drakengard 3 since giving up entirely on that last ending...It's retarded how there's a couple trophies that rely on completing the game entirely, but I won't go into much detail to avoid any potential spoilers c:

Tales games are time-consuming, period, never mind the trophies, haha. For instance, Xillia requires 2 playthroughs! When I haven't even gotten through one yet and that one has lasted probably 50+ hours. As much as I enjoy the game, I'm not one to replay games, especially ones that are similar to the length of Tales games.

pkmin3033

Haven't touched Drakengard 3 since giving up entirely on that last ending...It's retarded how there's a couple trophies that rely on completing the game entirely, but I won't go into much detail to avoid any potential spoilers c:

Tales games are time-consuming, period, never mind the trophies, haha. For instance, Xillia requires 2 playthroughs! When I haven't even gotten through one yet and that one has lasted probably 50+ hours. As much as I enjoy the game, I'm not one to replay games, especially ones that are similar to the length of Tales games.
    I'd say Drakengard 3 is probably trickier than NieR, but that's only because of Ending D...NieR just requires replaying the second half of the game a few times, and it's not TOO long. Replay trophies in RPGs are cheap, though...we already sink enough time into them, let alone adding more!

Symphonia needs three and a bit for Genis' titles, since you need to complete the Collector's Book. As tedious as Xillia 2 was at times, Symphonia required so much planning out! I only platinumed it because it was my favourite game before Xenoblade came along, aha. I tend to replay JRPGs once every two or three years, because they're too damn long to replay constantly; I get sick of them. xD

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to the achievements/trophies in the Tales series, I find the secret mission ones to be the hardest to get. I have not gotten all of the secret missions ones in Tales of Vesperia yet. As for how many times I have beaten that game, I have only beaten it once. Course when I did that, all of the battles were on easy. So no Grade for that.

pkmin3033

Oh gawd, I remember doing the secret missions for Tales of Vesperia back when I had a 360...I never want to play that game again because of those; they were an absolute nightmare. Sure, they're nothing compared to Star Ocean's battle trophies, but they were enough to be getting on with. Part of me is actually kinda glad Vesperia was never localized on PS3, because if it was I'd be compelled to do all those blasted things again! xD

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

• Haven't touched Drakengard 3 since giving up entirely on that last ending...
    Ugh, that ending.

A friend of mine did a playthrough stream of that game, and that ending...it took two days, several hours, a lot of encouragement and sooooo many tries to get past it. It's truly and purely evil. I even said during the playthrough that I'd hardly be surprised if most people just stopped playing right before they finish the game for that reason alone.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    There was one playthrough of Vesperia I did where I went and did all the secret missions. Don't feel like doing that ever again. A few of those were a pain in the ass....

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Going off on a wild tangent for a minute - anyone else with a PS4 as thrilled by the Yukimura update as I am? There isn't too much to it that I'll use, but I'll FINALLY get to delete my 0% trophy lists, of which I have a fair few.
    I don't see why everyone is happy with this...
    How is deleting actually different from hiding the 0% games?
    Like yea, you don't see them if you browse the game list on consoles, but how many people do that when there are so many trophy tracking pages...?

Akiba's Trip is coming to PC. Great news for me, because I was really indecisive as to which console to get it for (which, if it had PSTV support, probably would have been the Vita).

Though I don't know if I should feel particularly good about depriving my Vita of potential games, especially since I did the same with Hyperdimension Neptunia.
    Akiba wasn't mainly a PSV title, though...
    There's still horde of other Vita games =D

;-; I always try to Platinum my games, but there's always, always one bloody trophy that ruins everything.
    Really? =D
    Don't worry, though, both Dusk Plats are fairly easy (dunno about Shallie)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years

• I don't see why everyone is happy with this...
    Like yea, you don't see them if you browse the game list on consoles, but how many people do that when there are so many trophy tracking pages...?

Akiba wasn't mainly a PSV title, though...

Really? =D

Not a PS user, but the difference between hiding and deleting could be that hiding it will still affect your overall percentage of trophies gotten compared to deleting will make the margin smaller. That's at least how it is with the Xbox.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Not a PS user, but the difference between hiding and deleting could be that hiding it will still affect your overall percentage of trophies gotten compared to deleting will make the margin smaller. That's at least how it is with the Xbox.
    On most tracking sites, 0% games (provided they are hidden) do not affect completion and there's no percentage officially on Sony's side, that's why I don't get the difference =)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

• Akiba wasn't mainly a PSV title, though...
    Eh, it is about as much as any other Vita title.

Exclusivity doesn't really matter to me- if it's on the Vita, as well as the PS3/PS4, more than likely I'm going to get it for the Vita (since I can play on my TV with the PSTV).

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Since there doesn't seem to be any sort of matchmaking thread around, I may as well ask here.

Just got a PS4 two days ago (omg yes) and I was lookin' for some peeps to maybe play online with sometime. I have Dying Light and The Last of Us Remastered, and I'll probably get Destiny and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection soon. c:

pkmin3033

I don't see why everyone is happy with this...
    It just bugs me to see 0% trophy lists sitting on my trophy list is all...it'd be even better if you could delete whatever you wanted to, but I'll take what I'm given. I'm not fussed about my ranking or anything, but I like things nice and neat. xD

Years
  • Ugh, that ending.

A friend of mine did a playthrough stream of that game, and that ending...it took two days, several hours, a lot of encouragement and sooooo many tries to get past it. It's truly and purely evil. I even said during the playthrough that I'd hardly be surprised if most people just stopped playing right before they finish the game for that reason alone.

I've already seen the ending for Branch D since I couldn't possibly wait until I finished that rhythm game for the life of me, and I definitely didn't think I would actually complete it. Ever. Still haven't to this day...Maybe one day I'll feel determined enough and think that I can manage not chucking my controller at the screen as it mocks me.

Really? =D

Don't quite remember what all the trophies are in those ones, but no matter what game and how easy people might say that Platinum-ing them are, I'll always find one trophy where I'll automatically think, "tedious" and end up giving up, haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back