• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Jobs in-game

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
In Black and White, you were hired to help out at a cafe everyday and get free berries. While this is nothing major, would you like to see more kinds of employment in these games? Would it add an extra "realistic" element to them? If so, what types of employment do you think would there possibly be? Some kinds of things like working in another type of cafe considering where it's based? Or do you find this kind of idea as boring and adds nothing? Would there be any rewards you'd be interested in other than berries? Share your thoughts!

blue

gucci
Years
I didn't even know about this but it sounds fun! It would be nice if they expanded on it too so that you could take more jobs to be rewarded different items, i.e more challenging jobs have a higher payout. Maybe battle items such as Choice Scarf, Focus Sash, Lucky Egg etc.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Employment, huh?

You know, sometimes I wonder what would happen if the main character didn't become a champion. Sooo I guess he/she could be employed else where! So yeah, I'd like more jobs for the main character to do; perhaps the return of a cafe-related job, or, maybe something like a in-game survey, where instead of asking people who you connect with survey questions, you can ask in-game important characters like your mom, the professor, your rival, etc.

There can be also jobs like, getting rid of a "wild pokemon infestation", or getting rid of those pesky wild pokemon who steal items or berries. Orrrr maybe you can be like a police officer and help to fight common crime like theft! I think the awards can range between money, rare berries, or other helpful items. Maybe an egg too; that'd be cool.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I would like to see something that involves getting hired, but at the same time... you play some sort of minigame while you do your job, let's say you're working in a kitchen to wash up the dishes or something, you would use the stylus to use the sponge to clean the dishes and then after doing all of them... then you dry them off with the tea towel using the stylus, and depending on how fast you do it... the better the reward it will be for you.

Something like a minigame along during your employment would be a fantastic thing to occur in a 3DS Pokémon game like Pokémon X and Y.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'd like to see some sort of employment find it's way into these games again. I didn't really enjoy it that much in BW, but I feel in the 3D environment we could get "paid" to do a lot of things. Hell, I wouldn't mind a quest like feature like in many popular MMOs!

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Yeah the idea sounds pretty nice. I would like to do somethings as a police (wo)man, like battling team Villain grunts, then get rewarded in all kinds of stuff. And maybe a job-exclusive pokemon? when you beat a record or something?

Guy

just a guy
Years
So long as they keep the protagonists older like in Black and White and not ten, then I'd love to see something as in-game jobs be expanded upon. Otherwise, I'm reporting child labor! PokémonShinySilver hit the nail on the head in terms of working it out to be like a mini-game to which you can be rewarded or otherwise paid. I really like that idea.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I would like to see something that involves getting hired, but at the same time... you play some sort of minigame while you do your job, let's say you're working in a kitchen to wash up the dishes or something, you would use the stylus to use the sponge to clean the dishes and then after doing all of them... then you dry them off with the tea towel using the stylus, and depending on how fast you do it... the better the reward it will be for you.

Something like a minigame along during your employment would be a fantastic thing to occur in a 3DS Pokémon game like Pokémon X and Y.

Oooh, I missed this when I was replying before. I really like the idea of using the stylus to play minigames! Oh, I hope they have this xD That would make things fun.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
In game jobs would be cool. Maybe your own Gym. Just like join avenue, you get visitors everyday who challenge you and you get to customize your gum so that other players can also challenge your gym and battle you using an AI. Also, a pokemon ranger job would be best. Gen 5 didn't get a pokemon ranger game so XY could help catch up. Pokemon ranger is the closest spin-off game to be related to main series stories.

Back