• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What other forums do you guys go to?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
The only other forum I'm active in besides PC is Smashboards. On occasion I'll log onto the PSO-World forums too. I was also used to go to a couple of other forums but they kinda died/I lost all interest in them a while ago.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
The "what do you do when PC is down" thread got me thinking about this.

Oh hey, my thread!

If this thread were around in 2012, I'd have fifteen answers to this question.

But, times change.

I used to go on a forum called Slateport City, whenever I wasn't here, I was always there. Unfortunately, that forum closed in November of 2015, and isn't opening back up. That forum used to be Ever Grande City, which Slateport had succeeded. I used to go to over ten forums at a time, but most died.

I do go to two other forums besides this one, but not as much anymore, those forums would be Petalburg Woods Network and Pokemon Crossroads. Both forums don't have enough activity, though, so I just lurk every day. I also visit Pokemon International Forums & Serebiiforums once in awhile to check up on some of my very old friends who aren't on PC.

I also occasionally go on The Bell Tree because a friend of mine posts her art there, but other than that, this is the only forum I'm active on. I still visit others, though, as you can see.

Years
The only other noteworthy forum I peek around besides PC these days is Serebii, but I'm not as much a "celebrity" over there compared to PC.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I used to go to SomethingAwful all the time, but that stopped in recent times. I think because the content seemed the same after a while and there wasn't much new to read.

I might check SPPf if I'm really bored and want some forum to read things on, compared to other non-forum websites.

And periodically I post on the forums for Global Pokedex Plus, especially if I'm really actively playing.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I used to join sooooo many Pokemon forums back in the day because I thought forums and meeting people in general was pretty cool. I wouldn't be surprised to find I've joined around 50 so of the years. First ones ended up having accounts on SPPf and Pokemon Elite 2000 (I can't remember the name of that one, but I know it's shut down).

The two biggest ones - I used to admin Pokemon Mysidia and moderate PokeStation (which is PokeCheats now) back in the day, which around that time my activity at PC kinda fell.
SuperSkarmory forums both pre and after the merge with PokeStation and Victory Road forums which I also stayed a little bit on due to friends from PokeStation being there at one point.
Few friends of mine from PokeStation ended up making an anime forum called PlanetOtaku Forums after I left PokeStation and I ended up moderating there for a bit.

Pokemon Solstice was another one I spent a bit of time on after it's merge with PokeLight forums (which I had originally been a part of) and 2 other forums. And apparently (just found out) Solstice became Evergrande City which became Slateport City forums I only lurked but don't think I joined.

Not gonna even mention the amount of smaller forums I joined back in the day, but there were lots of them.

Now I just hang on PC because I have more of a life now than when I was younger xD

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I check Smogon frequently for obvious reasons. :P They have a lot of resources for competitive Pokemon, and it's fun to watch their tournaments sometimes. At the moment they're running this big team tournament called Smogon Premier League, in which various teams play different formats including all past generations. PC League was inspired by it.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I've joined a good number of forums, but PC is the only one I'm still active in. I just clicked here for some reason, and I haven't been able to find somewhere else that I can continuously be active on like here.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I use Smogon. I am an important Battle Server Moderator and esteemed RU and Ubers player there and I love the community. I also go by Aurora there.

At the moment they're running this big team tournament called Smogon Premier League, in which various teams play different formats including all past generations.

tigres n_____n

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
The only one I come anywhere close to frequenting besides PC is GameFAQs. I used to be a regular on KH13 for a bit, but that was quite a while ago and I don't even remember my username there. There's also Cobalt Lake, which a few friends started not too long ago, but it hasn't quite gotten off the ground yet, so right now it's mostly just a hangout place for our circle of friends :)

Years
Oh good memories. ;w; aa

I used to be active on EGC/Slateport City. That was my second home for some years but it closed a while back now and even its successor Slateport just wasn't the same. Used to be active on Bulbagarden forums and Marilland to an extent.

My habit of joining Pokémon forums died a while ago.. most of them just aren't active enough to make me want to check back consistently and of course nothing compares to PC. Even every other big Pokémon community has something that bugs me and makes me not want to stick around for very long. Be it low-quality themes, a less-than-stellar community, and so on.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I was active on a forum with foreign language. But that forum is a history now, it went down like around 5-6 years ago, iirc? I also joined the Slateport Forums and yeah it is closed as well...

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I used to join Ever Grande City/Slateport forums back in the day, and I was surprised how friendly the forum was that time, it's just like the second forum home to me, but it's sad that it's ended up being closed...

At the present, I'm visiting Lake Valor and 3DS Pedia as well.

Years
omg that place has 90 million posts. O_O

Also it's really fascinating. I just checked out the Seattle subforum. Good stuff.

I originally joined it for its small Sim City 4 community. When that died, I had already found the section to discuss my city in.

It is a positively massive site and community.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I do still occasionally visit Simtropolis.com (Sim City fansite). Mostly to download game content for Sim City 4, though. And I do sometimes also check PokeBeach and PokeGym, though not nearly as often as I used to.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
I am active in a gardening and botany forum and in a fishkeeping forum. Nice little communities. Very different from what most of you have posted, haha.

You guys are my favorite by a mile, though. My internet home.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
The only other noteworthy forum I peek around besides PC these days is Serebii, but I'm not as much a "celebrity" over there compared to PC.

Thats true i know exactly who u are

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I signed up to Relic Castle recently :) I'm not terribly active there, but I browse a lot.

Back