• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How can I restrict party size?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    Hello, I have a question about how I might include a feature in my game that limits the amount of pokemon you can have in your party at one time according to how many gym badges you've gotten.For example you could have one pokemon with zero badges and two with one badge and so on.

I thought about finding whatever piece of script tells the game to send your seventh pokemon to the box and modifying it to be badge dependent but I'm not sure where to find it or how to go about changing it. Any advice?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Searching for lines that have $Trainer.party.length>=6 and editing the correct lines should be where to start looking, there are too many lines for anyone to explain, but I'm sure you will understand the logic of said lines.

Qwertyis666

Dragon Trainer Since 1996
    Years
  • Hi
    here what you ask me Azurex :)

(I have V.14 of Pokemon Essentials so I don't know if the change will be the same in V.15)

TBH, I change the 6, after each ''player.party.length< and/or trainer.party.length>='', by $game_variables[76]
    (I put the number of maximum pokemon in this variable)

The variable 76 is only a placeholder, you can change the number by your avaible varibles

so here the line I change
    ---------
    PokeBattle_Battle - Line 13
    PokeBattle_BattlePeer - Line 3
    PokemonStorage - 128 - 150 - 323 - 3113
    PokemonUtilities - Line 1637 - 1655 - 1725 - 1734 - 1749 - 1764 - 1794
    ---------
    In PokemonStorage, I have not change every ''6'' because some script are different and so far the only bug I got is than when you move pokemon, you can move more pokemon in your team than the limit you have.
    But everything else like capture and receive a Pokemon work with the Limit.
    I test it only in my game, not in a fresh version of essentials.

If anyone want to help or just feedback this, it will be very appreciate.

Back