• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
  • I agree with you too, Shido, the only reason I would clone is to save pokemon from being deleted by accident or for cloning TMs like EQ and Ice beam etc..

Anyways, Kyle has just twisted his foot, which means less physical work for Kyle to do, SOOO, Kyle is playing FR again, and is training on Kindle Road while searching for his beloved Blue Ponyta.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
  • Oh, I am so not touching the subject of glitch vs cheat. V(>_<)V And yeah I clone and even though I have a shiny in all three stages (Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftree) I only count Shiftree. Same goes for the Balltoy & Claydol, only count Claydol. Why you ask? I want to train them to level 100 at each stage and while they don't count in the club, I consider them different pokemon the moment I start training them.

But the rareness of shinys is only droping for the first 3 gens, at leasts it not the new 4th gen ones, right? Though I've heard that someone found a way to clone in 4th gen, but it's alot more difficult and I can't remember how it's done, but I'm not worried too much about it.

What have I done with my clones? I gave a full set (minus Raticate & Mewtwo) to a shinyless friend who doesn't own an Emerald game. :D And I traded a total of 4 off during the Toys 'R' Us Mew event. That's it, I haven't cloned any others.

And now away from the topic, I hunted the Electrike/Manetrick today after work, but had no luck of course. Hey in Emerald is there a way to make electrick types show up more often? Can't remember...

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
  • Kyle is Killer-Swift, like Jimmy is in Seinfeld. :P XD

Yeah, I understand now... And I doubt I'll trade anyone out of shinies, unless they want a legendary or something from me. I doubt it would hold that "OMG shiny!!!" feeling and more of the "omg shiny. (cheater)" feeling. Not exactly in the same way, but you get what I'm saying. You should. The thrill of catching one yourself is not there.

I'm not a cloner. I tried it once to get Master Balls, and messed up. I'm a little afraid of it now, and I'm not taking advantage of it. If I wasn't like that, I would have all the Eeveelutions by now. :P
    ANYHOO.... to get out of that furnace of a conversation...

FR: Scyther (around 30+ I think.)
    LG: Charmander (who knows. I do know one thing: alot.)
    Ruby: On hold; if not on hold: Mudkip (LOL!)
    Sapphire: Unorganized, might not use.
    Emerald: On hold; Gotta come up with a more original nickname for Totodile then trade it over to FR.

Main focus: Charmander

Good luck.
    -DDD

EDIT:Do exactly as I done before I started filling my Dex for Shiny Totodile: Pokemon with the Ability Static will make Electric Pokemon appear more often.

An Electrode that was Lv.26 caught inside New Mauville worked very nicely for me. And trust me, it's a big, big difference. ^_^

Last edited:

shido

Blood Sucker
    Years
  • You're not the only one who thinks shiny one caught by him/herself hold a greater value than shinies that one obtained through training. I completely agree with your view. Yes, I'll be cloning and trading for shinies, but only certain shinies...for example, if someone offered to trade me a clone of their, say, shiny Latias. I'd say "No" right away? Why? I would never use, I wouldn't even be able to "show off" with it because I basically pawned it off from someone. I'm not going to be proud of that. Likewise, if someone were to offer me something for my shiny Latias, I would not clone it at all. I'm probably only going to accept random shinies.

And, if everyone has shiny pokemon, I truly don't see how that degrades their value. From my perspective, you are basically saying "Since everyone will have the same shinies, they are basically worthless because I can't brag about them anymore". But here's the thing not everyone COLLECTS shinies just to show off. I personally collect shinies just because they are different from the norm, and their colors appeal to me. I don't really brag about my shinies at all, but I'm always ready to tell stories of how I got them xP. Besides if your shinies are so important you, why should you care if everyone else is cloning? I mean, you obviously don't want to clone your shinies to trade to other people, so I don't see why everytime someone mentions cloning, you post a big long entry about why you are against it.

Furthermore, what defines a cheat in a game? What defines a glitch in a game? I believe a glitch is an unintended occurrence in the game (as you said), but what is defined as a cheat? Unless you know, it isn't really right to label it as a cheat.

Anyways, I'm still trudging on for Latias. Oh, and I'm racing a member at SPPf for a shiny Bulbasaur.

first of if anything is a glitch its not ment to be part of the actual intended experience and for one to exploit that glitch is cheating and yes i do clone for masterballs (thats about it i rather hunt for rare candies increases my chances of getting a shiny ) and i will clone another set of my shinnies for back up incase of game deletion , am i cheating ? YES I AM . just becuz i said to admit ur cheating doesnt mean im not lmao im just admitting it instead of trying to justifye it , also ok well lets say ur into sports and u win a gold medal but instead everyone gets gold medals too that just makes u feel stupid because here u went and put in all that work and ppl who dont even play the game got a medal too and thats with anything for example u win the lottery and u are about to get your money then everyone in the world wins the lottery too just becuase u won it . well ur syaing to ur self thats great we can all be rich WRONG now that everyone is millionairs with u the cost of everything goes up and the economy changes to balance everything it so instead of paying 25 cents for a stick of gum everyone now pays 25 dollars for a stick of gum and since the economy changes to balence out EVERYONE having millions of dollars your still just as poor as u were to begin with . same applys to shinnies the reason shinnies have value in the first place is becuase of the rarity . so let me explain . theres absolutly NOTHING wrong with everyone having shinnies IF everyone went out and caught one themselves (not hacking or trading ) BUT because shinnies are so rare the time it would take for everyone to get atleast 1 shiny ill be playing my Playstation 14 in a retirement home . with that being said now since not everyone can get a shiny so quickly (i know ppl who STILL after years of playing still havent encountered a single shiny cept for red dos back in silver ) shinnies have value no a shiny is worth an uber ( hard earned bred and trained uber not sum hack or 20 millionith clone ) or worth a legendary or worth an event pokemon . GRANTED you think everyone has shinnies thats just not true . out of the millions of pokemon players who dont hack i would say only thousands have shinnies and even less than that ill even go so far as to say only hundreds have more than ten and even less ppl have more than 20 and who knows maybe only 100 ppl in the world have more than 50 ( missingno master isnt the only one not everyone who plays has internet or knows about serebii or knows about pc i infact sumbled across pc completly by accident and i only learned about serebii from sumone posting it here and I have more shinnies than most of u and if i hadnt found pc by accident u would never know how many i had so im sure there are plenty of other ppl who have shinnies and cant or dont post on forums ) so yes i have a huge problem with clones being traded left and right becuz despite everyone here saying they wont "count" it towards their actual count there are 10 times more ppl who dont care and will . and you cant even count traded shinnies anymore in the first place because then can be clones and ud never knkow it . now AGAIN just MY OPINION in my eyes they dont count and are worthless but thats only to me if u trade for a billion shinnies and this club accepts them thats between u and this club same goes for the hall of fame at serebii ( which i was gonna join but traded shinnies count so that just screwed up the ranking system with dp coming out and then every ones shiny count rising to 20 + and they all have the same shinnies ) its between u and that club and everyone else its between you and them . between u and me they dont count for spit and the same goes for meh i have those 3 traded shinnies and i dont count them (or my nintendo pokemon ) so i dont have to hear sumone else whine about it becuz i know exactly what they would be talking about. far as i know half this club already has trades setup for their cloned shinnies or sumone elses shinnies and to you all do what u want im not judging you which is why i dont say any names do what u want . just i wont be cloning my shinnies for global trade and i wont be tradig anything for cloned shinnies or hacks . I will trade for shinnies between me and ppl i know and trust but i wont count them ever toward my count becuz sumone will just give me this part of my own rant right back at me " how do you know they didnt just clone them and trade it to you " answer is i trust them but i wont be a hypocrit and tell u to accept mine when i wont accept ur trades shinnies .

btw i dont go into a long rant everytime sumone mentions cloing ( the above rant was part of an on going disscusion so it doesnt count toward ur point BAHAHA :? ) ive seen enuf of u in other threads or on serebii threads say ur going to clone honestly i dont care lmao my friends are cloning do what ever makes u happy and i completly understand of wanting to get them all shiny and before cloning was figured out i would have gonna thru trading my ubers and battled putting my own rare pokemon and shinnies on the line for other ppls shinnies to complete my collection and it would have been worth it becuz they were rare and worth something even if i never braged i myself would feel good knowing i collected them all shiny . but then cloning was found out and now everyone is just trading clones now they are just as common as a pdgey or zigzagoon only real challenge to collecting them all now is to find someone who has the shiny u want thats it first 50 shinnies that are going to be traded are legendaries such as LATIOs or latias mewtwo etc etc why? becuz alot of ppl have them and now they will trade their clones for the random "common" pokemon shinnies such as the kakunnas or wurmples or maills or starmies and thats how it will go everytime some caths a shiny that noone else has hell clone a billion times and trade it a billion times and really that sounds great but for me u simply might as well hack theres no challenge to it no real "hunting" just log on and randomly browse thru global to find a shiny clone and put up ur shiny clone and bada boom bada bing everyone in the world will have the entire pokedex shiny with vituraly no effort (hence why hacking would be faster ) not to mention if u dont care about a shiny being a clone you shouldnt have a problem with hacking a shiny either its basicly the same thing just on a larger scale . so way i see it to be all for trading clone for clone to obtaine them all shiny ur (should) be ok with hacking them in the first place .

lmao see LDD admits to all her clonage and shes my pair and i really doubt she would be so if i chewed her ear off everytime she cloned or traded for one XP . I don't judge anyone of yall just expressing my views and what not .

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
  • ^ Oh, yeah that's not a long rant what-so-ever. I swear he's not so abrasive in person. V(*_*);V But he is as talkitive, heh. *pokes shido in fun*

"All my cloning" adds up to giving them to a person who can't find a shiny for her life and four trades. *sweatdrop*

AND now some interesting information I found on a D/P walkthrough on gamefaqs.com...

gamefaqs.com said:
    Apparently you can use the Poketore to help you locate exceedingly rare "Shiny"
    Pokemon. Very, very rarely, a patch of grass may turn white and glow red, to
    purple, to blue. I have not personally seen this, although I have heard about
    this.

Corona Genesis said this about finding Shiny Pokemon with the Poketore:

"The patch was mostly white, and it had red which changed to
    purple and blue glowing from inside it. I was incredibly annoyed
    when I realized I couldn't get to it. I hope someone else
    encounters one and confirms what it is."

If you run into a situation like that, everyone seems to agree that using a
    Repel is the best thing you can do, so then you won't encounter any wild
    Pokemon other than the ones with the Poketore.
    ...interesting isn't it? I'm going to spend weeks when D/P come out testing this. :D

EDIT: YES NEW SHINY! *cute green striped wingull on Demoonica's head squaks*

Lets see

Wingull
    lvl - 25
    gender - male
    Sassy nature
    found on route 118
    caught with a Masterball
    Emerald game
    Time on game - 582:20

HP 60
    ATK 20
    DEF 21
    SpATK 34
    SpDEF 26
    speed 45

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    Shido as the creator of the Shiny Hunters Hall of Fame it only works for the current number of shinies in your possession. Trades were fine because they are trades. I would try to keep out the clones but you never know when someone wasn't telling the truth. I know and respect your opinion, sorry you didn't want to join just for fun.

shido

Blood Sucker
    Years
  • Shido as the creator of the Shiny Hunters Hall of Fame it only works for the current number of shinies in your possession. Trades were fine because they are trades. I would try to keep out the clones but you never know when someone wasn't telling the truth. I know and respect your opinion, sorry you didn't want to join just for fun.

well i was gonna join before u left and version 2 came out XD idk just doesnt seem the same .

YAY for my lovely Demoonica :) yup yup shes one of the greatest hunters ever .... too bad its not absol :( I VOW TO GET YOU ONE !!!!! :)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I will be stopping my shiny hunt this saturday as Final Fantasy 12 is finaly rleased in the UK. So I will be playing that whenever i am at my dads so on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday i can do some shiny hunting. So i am sorry to say that shiny hunting is on a hold for me.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
  • :| .....

... I'm still SRing for Charmander but now putting a bit more effort into Scyther. It doesn't take as long. Maybe a second's difference. I want them both, so it doesn't really matter which I get first, but it's all overshadowed by the "pair" talk up above...

I want my 3rd, undisclosed Shiny, but I can't until I get some extra equipment. And I don't know when that will be. Maybe tomorrow, but if I do get it, 1 man can only do so much. SRing with 2 games is something I can't do at the same time because I screw up doing that.
    I'll just have to settle with what I have, and SR my butt off for one, hope for the best, get it, and then immiediately switch to the other and go at it again.

Good luck everyone, and congratulations.
    -DDD

shido

Blood Sucker
    Years
  • lmao well srry about the pair talk but she is meh pair and im going to help her get a manectric XP

and to stay on topic neith of us are having any luck after my lovely Darkmoon's wingull catch but im fairy certain one of us will get lucky soon XP

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
  • Hunting Electrike in Emerald, and I evolved the shiny Wingull into a shiny Pelipper (yes after cloning it.) Still The Pelipper is what's going on the card, not the Wingull clone so it doesn't matter.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I am sorry to say i have to stop shiny hunting for a while but have a good reason. I just got FINAl FANTASY 12. So will be playing that instead.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • OOH, I see what you are saying, shido. I accidentally misinterpreted one of your sentences in the post I first quoted. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

Well, I want to "avenge" the shiny Zapdos I lost, so I'm hunting for it on my FireRed again. Since it is relatively easy to soft reset for (all I have to do is press 'A' to trigger the battle, like Latias), I'll be triple soft resetting for Latias, Zapdos, and Torchic for the majority of today...good luck to everyone's hunts.

I wonder what happened to Nova. Did she ever get that shiny Houndour she was looking for?

Back