• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Irritating Pokemon Characters/Statements/Question

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
In regards to the Pokemon video games, there are many characters and/or things they have said which tends to just get on my nerves. Every now and then, there is just something they say that is just like "don't you ever say anything else!?!?"

How about the rest of you? Are there any Pokemon NPCs or Trainers/Leaders/etc that do or say something which is overall just really irritating. For me personally, this picture below says it all:

a6f54e8702.jpg

Socratic

Howdy
Years
I feel like the guy counting rockets in the Mossdeep Space Station in Hoenn was pretty useless. I read some conspiracy theories on how he would let you into a rocket to catch Deoxys if he counted 100, but he didn't :( Does he truly serve any purpose?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I feel like the guy counting rockets in the Mossdeep Space Station in Hoenn was pretty useless. I read some conspiracy theories on how he would let you into a rocket to catch Deoxys if he counted 100, but he didn't :( Does he truly serve any purpose?

Omg I thought this as a child too! I checked like, every day. Also the man in Pacifidlog who looked for Mirage Island in Emerald annoyed me so much because he never saw the island, but turns out the internal battery had died so I guess the time never changed.

Socratic

Howdy
Years
How about the other guy in Mossdeep, who had the three trees blocking a door? I think he had a counterpart from FR/LG located on the Seventh Island, too. His purpose had something to do with those e-reader cards or something, but if you didn't have them/know that, then the door would just sit there. Taunting you.

Years
Both of the things Socratic said I believed as a child, I even got to 100 successful launches at the Mossdeep Space Center but no rocket trip into space happened :(

And that guy in Sootopolis City who had the trees blocking the door was the worst, I saw many fake places beyond that door on YouTube back then and I was desperate to get those trees out of the way.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
"I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"

it's been over-memified and is such an overused joke at this point that it makes me hate it

I never got why people liked the line/found it so funny or meme-worthy anyway

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
There's a doctor in Unova that says something like he will keep battling even if he can't find a pulse. That's pretty creepy, I think.

I actually laughed at loud in Nimbasa City in Black/White when Bianca is fighting with her dad and Elesa comes out and interrupts, and the two characters ask who she is and she's introduces the important parts of herself (that she's the Gym Leader) then ends her speech with "I also happen to be a model." I don't know why but it just felt so out of place? Do you really need to flaunt that right now..?

Back