• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larsie13

Yh thought that had to be added but it wasn't in the tutorial. Wasn't sure where to place it anyway. Any idea on the pokemon problem that i get a breloom instead of an eevee. Though i did use 133 which is for eevee.

adjusted script.

Spoiler:
An often made error. Mixing up Hex and Decimal. 0x133 is 307, which is Breloom. If you want Eevee, put 133 (without the 0x), or 0x85.
EDIT: DJG beat me.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I'm planning a script of a battle with jesse and james,everything is OK but where to put flags that will make them dissaper after the battle?

'---------------
#org 0x80CD5A
trainerbattle 0x0 0x331 0x0 0x8814CDE 0x8814D0D
msgbox 0x8814D26 MSG_NORMAL '"Little brat next time we gonna\nbe..."
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x814CDE
= Little brat,this time MEW goes\nwith US!
#org 0x814D0D
= Not again!!!!!!
#org 0x814D26
= Little brat next time we gonna\nbeat let's retreat!

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Is there a code to initiate a Safari Zone Wild battle outside of the safari zone, like just the trainer versus the Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
special

Thx for the help so far. Have another question. Is there a way to combine the special script for healing with the givepokemon script. So that when the pokemon is given, next time you talk to the person, the person heals pokemon.

special heal script.

Spoiler:

The give pokemon script.

Spoiler:

Thx in advance.

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
Allegretto: To prevent confusion, you could just use:
Code:
[B]#include stdpoke.rbh

[/B]#dynamic 0x800000

#org @take
givepokemon [B]PKMN_EEVEE [/B]5 00x0 0x0 0x0

Luckily HackMew has included these header files to make it easier and more readable.

Is there a code to initiate a Safari Zone Wild battle outside of the safari zone, like just the trainer versus the Pokemon?

special 0xCD turns on Safari Zone battling...
special 0xCE turns it off...

Mind you, when turned on, the step and ball counter and Safari Zone menu is activated when using the former command. In addition, you are warped back to the Safari Zone when your balls or steps run out. Consider that since it is technically possible to run out steps before encountering a battle or balls before the battle is done, you would be warped back to the Safari Zone entrance immediately after these event occur. This might cause a "glitch" in your game. Also, this style does not apply when using the wildbattle command, so as far as I know there is no way to initiate a Safari Zone-style battle without walking into grass, water, fishing, etc. Hope this helped you.

--------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Allegretto:

The main way to do this would be to use a flag:

Spoiler:

Or, since the give pokemon script is giving you your first pokemon, you could use countpokemon:

Spoiler:

I personally like the countpokemon because it doesn't require using an extra flag. Do these techniques make sense to you?

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
special 0xCD turns on Safari Zone battling...
special 0xCE turns it off...

Mind you, when turned on, the step and ball counter and Safari Zone menu is activated when using the former command. In addition, you are warped back to the Safari Zone when your balls or steps run out. Consider that since it is technically possible to run out steps before encountering a battle or balls before the battle is done, you would be warped back to the Safari Zone entrance immediately after these event occur. This might cause a "glitch" in your game. Also, this style does not apply when using the wildbattle command, so as far as I know there is no way to initiate a Safari Zone-style battle without walking into grass, water, fishing, etc. Hope this helped you.

Yeah, I was hoping to be able to initiate a specific wild battle as a Safari Zone battle, so I guess I can't do that. I'll have to do something else. Thanks for the help. :)

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Spoiler:

Raycrow,I know that you used the setvar 0x4003 for the map script you did for me,so is that why it freezes,because im using the setvar number you used?If any the case could someone tell me what I did wrong here...thanks.And the script that was made to work with the right movements works fine,but for the left part of the script,it even freezes when steped on after the right script works,the right script is

#dynamic 800005

#org @start
setvar 0x4003 0x1
goto 0x(@script cant remember this offset)
end

I still need help with this...It freezes on the spot,but the other script works fine

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2009
how do i make a script for a guy in pallet town to walk up to you after you get your starter form oak ?

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Um I have come to a new question.

I have seen scripts where they change depending on which way the player is activating the script, for example; I want to make a script that will make the player jump over a fence using the hop 2 spaces #raw movement. How would I go about making a script which would work so that if the player presses A on the fence while facing down at it, he will jump downwards, and if he activates the script while facing up towards the fence, he jumps above it.

Last edited:

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
Um I have come to a new question.

I have seen scripts where they change depending on which way the player is activating the script, for example; I want to make a script that will make the player jump over a fence using the hop 2 spaces #raw movement. How would I go about making a script which would work so that if the player presses A on the fence while facing down at it, he will jump downwards, and if he activates the script while facing up towards the fence, he jumps above it.

First of all, you should use a signpost script tile in A-map. Then use this code:
Spoiler:

I think you know what to do from here. Tell me if you need more help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how do i make a script for a guy in pallet town to walk up to you after you get your starter form oak ?

Could you be a little more specific on your question? Do you need help with a script or are you just learning to script? If you don't know how, check out some of the tutorials in the Document and Tutorials section.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tyson: I don't remember using setvar 0x4003 in any of the scripts. But if I did, you should probably not repeat using a variable, unless you know what you're doing with it. Can you tell me exactly and specifically what the script is supposed to do?

Last edited:

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I'm planning a script of a battle with jesse and james,everything is OK but where to put flags that will make them dissaper after the battle?

'---------------
#org 0x80CD5A
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x814CDE
#org 0x814D0D
= Not again!!!!!!
#org 0x814D26

any help???????? also after the battle with them you will fight against mew how can I put his level on 70?

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
special

I have a problem with the combining of the heal script with the givepokemon script from some posts above from Raycrow. I put the 2 scripts together (prob did that wrong) and the person doesn't even starts to talk so can i gets ome help on that?

Here's the whole script as i have combined them.

Spoiler:

Thx in advance.

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
I have a problem with the combining of the heal script with the givepokemon script from some posts above from Raycrow. I put the 2 scripts together (prob did that wrong) and the person doesn't even starts to talk so can i gets ome help on that?

Here's the whole script as i have combined them.

Thx in advance.

Allegretto: Please tell us exactly what your script is supposed to do, especially what each flag means, because it's sort of difficult to figure out when I don't know what you want to do with it. I think I understand what's going on. At first, your mom gives you the Eevee, but she does not heal your Pokemon the next time you talk to her after that. Somewhere along the line, flag 0x828 is cleared/set (I can't figure out) and then she starts healing your pokes. Is this correct? I will restructure it to this and if it's wrong, I will probably have to do it again and you will have to wait. That is why it is helpful to know EXACTLY what the script is supposed to do, because I know you already know that, you just don't know how to write it.

In the first spoiler, I'll take out some unecessary commands and tell you why I did...
Spoiler:

Complete restructuring of the script to what I thought it meant:
Spoiler:

If it's wrong, tell me, and I will fix it once again.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx79

'---------------
#org 0x80CD5A
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x814CDE
#org 0x814D0D
= Not again!!!!!!
#org 0x814D26

any help???????? also after the battle with them you will fight against mew how can I put his level on 70?
progress.gif

help to the tangela
!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
special

You're unedrstand what it as i want with this script raycrow. But ihave anerror when i try to compile your script. Itsays Error13 "Type mismatch" on lign 7 no#define. I have the std.rbh file in the same map as XSE so that's not the problem. Any ideas. Also thx for the help you already gave me.

The script as i triied to compile it.

Spoiler:

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
onyx97: Try this:
Spoiler:

Similar to my last post, I cannot help you as much as I would have been able to had you provided more detailed information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Allegretto: No problem. You will need these preprocesssing directives (see your XSE F2 guide for more info) in the script to make it work correctly, or replace the defined special words in the script.

Spoiler:

So copy the bolded commands at the top into your script and let XSE do the work for you, or replace them manually yourself. I personally like using define as it makes it more readable for others and also more understandable for myself when I come back to it and try to understand it again. Make sense?

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Well what im trying to do is make a ow walk to me,battle and walk away.The right tile for the script works fine,but the whole thing itself doesnt work when I step on the left tile.I made that huge script in my spoiler in my previous posts.And I used it as the left tile,I than made a smaller script for the right tile,so that I didn't have to do all that again.(I used the script offset from the left one,than I made the right script "goto (script offset)"But the right tile works fine,should I make another script and use the "@script offset" for the next one I should make?Similar to the one I made for the right tile?

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2011
Can someone help me again? I'm trying to make a script in which the professor appears and talks to you after the first flag appears.

Code:
#org $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if b_true goto $pomdude
applymovement 0x4 $pomdude
message $chooseone
$chooseone 1 =Hello!\nSorry I'm late\pI just like staring at the sea\nAnyway I have three Pokemon here.\pYou can only choose one.
boxset 6
release
end
#org $pomdude
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09

The problem is that when I step on the spot the game freezes.

Also, I'm trying to make a script in which the professor gives you the pokedex, but I don't know how to make one. Can someone help me?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Can someone help me again? I'm trying to make a script in which the professor appears and talks to you after the first flag appears.

Code:
#org $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if b_true goto $pomdude
applymovement 0x4 $pomdude
message $chooseone
$chooseone 1 =Hello!\nSorry I'm late\pI just like staring at the sea\nAnyway I have three Pokemon here.\pYou can only choose one.
boxset 6
release
end
#org $pomdude
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09

The problem is that when I step on the spot the game freezes.

Also, I'm trying to make a script in which the professor gives you the pokedex, but I don't know how to make one. Can someone help me?

You might need to add a setvar and a setflag at the end of the script. setvar should match the variable number for the script (if you don't have one, give it one - so if you make it variable # 5000, at the end of the script write setvar 0x5000) and the setflag should match the ID number of the professor. Without the setvar the game will tend to freeze, from what I've done.

Someone who knows more about scripting might be able to correct any mistakes I've made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back