• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with my team, I am challenged to a battle!

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    Hey guys
    So my friend has challenged me to a battle with the following conditions-
    All pokemon be between level 60-70
    All my pokemon be first gen pokemon (although one of our pokes can be from another gen)

This is his team as far as i know-
    Charizard
    Crobat
    Kadabra (or Alakazam)
    Vaporeon
    Pikachu (or Raichu)
    Dragonite

This is what my team looks like currently-
    Blastoise- Surf, Skull Bash, Ice Beam, Hydo Pump
    Kadabra- Psychic, Recover, Psybeam, Future Sight
    Arcanine- Extremespeed, Flamethrower, Take down, Fire Wheel
    Dugtrio- Dig, Earthquake, Slash, Sludgebomb
    Dragonite- Outrage, Dragon Claw, Wing Attack, Thunder Wave
    Jolteon/Snorlax- No clue yet.

I am looking for any and all suggestions on changing moves, relearning moves, or even changing pokemon. A lot of my move sets aren't even custom made yet- they're just what the pokemon learn naturally (barring a few like Blastoise and Dugtrio).
    Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • It looks pretty good~! Though maaaaybe the movesets can be tweaked a bit.

I've always found that moves with the same attack type, that damage the opponent in no special way, like Hydro Pump + Surf in the same moveset, to be redundant, as in, it's usually a case of power vs accuracy, and people would rather lean towards power. As I said about Surf and Hydro Pump being redundant, you really don't need Psychic + Psybeam + Future Sight on Kadabra, or Flamethrower + Flame Wheel on Arcanine, or Dig + Earthquake on Dugtrio, or Outrage + Dragon Claw on Dragonite.

Well, on Blastoise, what you can do is replace either Surf or Hydro Pump for Toxic. Toxic ruins other bulky waters like Lanturn, who doesn't carry Rest, as well as several other Waters and Electrics that tend to come in on Blastoise. I also recommend Rest > Skull Bash on Blastoise, because 2-turn moves turn out to be a liiiiittle slow, in which the opponent can react and switch out or maybe Protect accordingly, so Rest can serve as your survivbility.

Kadabra has a lot of options, y'know? Try for it to have Calm Mind > Psybeam, since Calm Mind is a great set up move for it. Also, if you can, try to have it have Fire Punch > Future Sight, for your coverage against steels, bugs, and grasses, and you'll be able to have a move that can hit psychics for neutral damage.

I recommend having Rock Slide on Dugtrio, which btw, is a move tutor move. It can hit flying types like Charizard and Crobat. Aerial Ace can also come in handy too, if say, you're up against a grass type.

On Dragonite, you can have mixed moves like Thunder or Thunderbolt > Dragon Claw against bulky waters like Vaporeon, or maybe Ice Beam for other Dragons.

Annnd on Arcanine... well, you can try moves like Iron Tail > Flame Wheel, or Howl > Flame Wheel for a nice stat boosting move, because as I said before, you really don't need Flame Wheel + Flamethrower on the same moveset.

Well, that's all I have to say~ These moves maaay be a little tough to come by, but, try your best! Well, take my advice or not, I wish you luck in your battle. ^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    Awesome thanks for the advice. Looks like I'm going to go with the moves you've recommended. Im going to go look for them now. Thanks so much! :)

Back