• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Furfrou Trims

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
  • Would you look at that! My very first XY thread, and I haven't even played the games yet! Ohohoho.

When taken to Friseur Furfrou, Furfrou can have its hair trimmed into nine different styles to change its appearance. The styles include the Star, Diamond, Heart, Pharaoh, Kabuki, La Reine, Matron, Dandy, and Debutante Trim. If trimmed, Furfrou will revert back into its natural appearance after five days or if deposited to the PC. -Bulbapedia

img-2521660-1-furfrou_dream_world_by_krocf4-d6tmt77.png

The question for you here is simple:

Which is/are your favourite Furfrou trims? Try to elaborate on your choices!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    For whatever reason, I don't seem to have access to all the style choices yet, so I haven't seen all of them in person yet, but based on what I see online, I kind of like all of them to be honest! But my favourites (at the time of this writing) is the Star Trim, Kabuki Trim, Dandy Trim and Pharaoh trim. I can't really figure out why or specifically what I like about them, I think it's mostly the hat shape the head was cut into! :D

Edit: After seeing the serebii choices, I am REALLY regretting trading away the Shiny Furfrou I caught oh so many months ago!

Years
  • I loved this little gimmick on Furfrou, and you could change the trim at any time just by returning to Friseur Furfrou in Lumiose City. My faves were the Star, Dandy and Pharaoh trims but I did try them all. The reason behind what I chose as my faves is because they're the ones that look best on the Furfrou I have in my X, which is male.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like the Star trim (I like stars, plus the light blue color suits it), Pharaoh trim (brings Yu-Gi-Oh!'s Millennium World arc to mind) and the Dandy trim (the best hat out of all the trims, even though it looks plain, IMO).

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • As for myself, since I have not yet played XY, my choices are going to be without actual basis/experience of having owned a trimmed Furfrou. Hm. I simply can't decide between Debutante, La Reine and Pharoah. They all look really stylish and give Furfrou a feel of elegance. The Star trim looks nice and simple, yet has that certain edge of coolness to it which I like as well.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Dandy because my mom saw it and thought it was a Pokemon based off of Boy George. Still laugh whenever I see it.

I also like diamond but wish it would have fur on its midsection. It just looks... off to me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    I prefer the natural looking Furfrou, probably because I never liked groomed poodles.

#noMakeUp #noFilter
    19d0a69b676771c9c3b5096f4e63f670.jpg

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I don't know the actual names of the cuts. But I really like the red and dark blue ones.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I loved what they did here with Furfrou; it adds much more of a special touch to it. If they had done something similar with each and every Pokémon and gave them a way for us to make appearance changes and whatnot, it would be very fun; lot of us would appreciate it, I'm sure.

As for which I like, I'm not really sure, haha. If I absolutely have to pick one, though, I'll probably go with Matron.

Years
  • I myself am not too familiar with the names of the cuts either, but I like the star cut, the Egyptian one and the red one. I've only really used Furfrou once, and that one time I didn't mess around with style much so I didn't get to use most of the cuts that would have been cooler, so that was unfortunate.

Pinta77

Yeah star trim is really cool. I also don't have access to all the trims, but according to that picture, the green one looks pretty cool.

I wish the trims were a bit more permanent... maybe like different forms except they're only cosmetic.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • La Reine trim looks pretty stylish that it become one of my favorite Furfrou trim. Even though I rarely trim my Furfrou because it doesn't last permanently, sadly.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I've only trimmed a Furfrou once so I could see what trimming is. Sadly, I wasn't really happy with what I saw, simply saying "that's pretty cool" and carrying on, and I'm not really a fan of Furfrou, and never used one in a playthrough. I've only caught one to get its Pokedex entry, for divine's sake. Gotta admit though, the Pharaoh trim's pretty cool. Too bad Furfrou isn't the Pokemon for me, and it's also too bad trims aren't permanent.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I used a Furfrou in my playthrough, which happened to have a good Attack IV (28, as I recall), and I did have one cut done at some point. The green one is quite dapper, but I do prefer the natural look (of real-world poodles, too) by far.

Years
  • I like the Diamond one the most, partially cause I like diamonds lol but also orange is my favourite colour so that's really the main reason :) Looking at the designs all together like that as well I also really like the Kabuki one, maybe it's just the pose cause it looks really regal haha I dunno :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    It's hard to pick just one. I work at a dog groomers and we have a Standard Poodle (black) that comes in. I can't help but to think of this every time he comes in for his grooming. And since then I've been looking for a shiny male to name Shiloh.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I like Pharoah, Heart, Star, and Diamond.

Pharoah looks rather regal and just looks super fancy. And a shiny Furfrou with this trim looks super cool.

Heart. Well, I like pink.

Star looks super cool (I'd totally use this for cool contests in Hoenn).

I don't really know why I like diamond. Maybe the color?

What I really want is for the trims not to disappear when deposited into the PC (it's like the furfrou magically grew hair or something).

Years
  • The one thing I have seen quite a bit is a right out rejection of Furfrou based on being a "gimmick." To me, French Poodles, with a variety of trims, in a region alluding to France and aesthetics seems to fit the bill.

I feel the same way about sawsbuck, and the temperate "four season" weather in North America" Namely, NYC, and the northeast coast/midwest.

The heart. diamond, and star trims are simple, which is quite effective.

Some of the others are a bit overworked.

Though my favorite is the Kabuki! I also, enjoy the Pharoah design, for, well, obvious reason.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • If I feel like getting my Furfrou cut, it will be a heart or start cut, because those are the most traditional cuts and they hold the most resemblance to real life traditional cuts. Poodles (standards) are one of my favorite dog breeds (followed by pugs).

Otherwise, my Furfrou stays au naturale.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • To be honest, I really like the natural Furfrou look! Particularly the shiny one looks really cool (been thinking about breeding for one recently).

In terms of the trims though, I really like Kabuki and Pharoah. So pretty and regal looking!

Back