• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Dream Radar

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • The Pokémon Dream Radar is a fun little 3DS side-game that was released along with Black & White 2. In it, you use the 3DS camera and shoot at clouds, then you collect the orbs that come from said clouds. Occasionally, a cloud will contain a Pokémon and if you manage to capture it, you can transfer it to your Black 2 or White 2 game. If you collect enough points, you can even catch legendary Pokémon, and currently this is the only way to obtain the following hidden ability Pokémon:

• Thundurus
    • Landorus
    • Tornadus
    • Lugia
    • Ho-oh
    • Palkia
    • Dialga
    • Giratina
    I just want to say that I absolutely love this feature. It's actually a pretty fun mini-game and it takes some practice to aim and shoot at just the right time before orbs disappear. Back when I was actively playing Black & White 2 I used to do make use of this game quite a lot and it even gave me access to some great Pokémon at the start of the game, like the Prankster Riolu who became a fixture on my team.

Which of the hidden ability legendaries did you guys get? So far I only have the three Forces of Nature and Regenerator Ho-oh, but I'm planning to get Platinum soon so that'll enable me to get Telepathy Giratina. The rest, I don't know if I'll get them, since it'd seem like a bit of a waste to buy SoulSilver, Diamond, and Pearl just to get one Hidden Ability Pokemon :P

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I don't use it that often, but I do love it myself! I've used it to get Lugia and Tornadus myself and it was quite exhilarating!

Do you hope that something like this will return or the newer games? I hope so because it was really fun and it past the time a lot for me~ <33

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I liked it, sucks that it cost extra money though.
    Was also the only way to obtain those legendaries at all in Black 2/White 2, excluding events of course. :p

Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus can be obtained in B/W but this is the only way to obtain them at all in B2/W2 (the only Gen. V legendaries that are unobtainable, actually.)

But with this, you could now obtain every Gen. IV legendary in B2/W2. Still missing Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza and Raikou/Entei/Suicune for all Gen. II and Gen. III though.
    And we can't obtain the Gen. I ones at all.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Yea, fifth gen didn't have a big selection of legendaries, but this helped a bit. Still kinda stinks though that you can only get those Pokes by having certain 4th gen games in your cartridge, but eh, I don't mind that too much haha. And thankfully the HA Pokémon that I really wanted was Regenerator Ho-oh, and I already had HG anyways :P

I don't use it that often, but I do love it myself! I've used it to get Lugia and Tornadus myself and it was quite exhilarating!

Do you hope that something like this will return or the newer games? I hope so because it was really fun and it past the time a lot for me~ <33

I'd actually really like to see them bring it back! Maybe expand on it a bit, make the game a little more interesting, give it a bit more variety, etc. The bw2 one was fun, but I tended to play it as more of an occasional little excursion from the regular gameplay. If they bring it back I'd like to see it be a bit bigger, more like a standalone game.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Yea, fifth gen didn't have a big selection of legendaries, but this helped a bit. Still kinda stinks though that you can only get those Pokes by having certain 4th gen games in your cartridge, but eh, I don't mind that too much haha. And thankfully the HA Pokémon that I really wanted was Regenerator Ho-oh, and I already had HG anyways :P

I'd actually really like to see them bring it back! Maybe expand on it a bit, make the game a little more interesting, give it a bit more variety, etc. The bw2 one was fun, but I tended to play it as more of an occasional little excursion from the regular gameplay. If they bring it back I'd like to see it be a bit bigger, more like a standalone game.

Thankfully that was the case for me too when trying to get that Lugia, aha. Honestly, I was hoping that maybe they'd give it updates here and there for some event pokemon, because that would of been perfect... but eh.

Hm, a standalone game, huh? Did you have some ideas for that in mind?

Years
  • I never used Dream Radar, but I can see it does have its flaws. It is the only way to get the Therian forms of the Forces of Nature trio, but then again you could easily trade between B/W and B2/W2 anyway. Hidden abilities does at least give you an incentive to want to use it, even if you wouldn't get the desired nature most of the time.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • I've gotten the three Therian forme legendary Pokemon, and managed to use my Platinum and Heart gold to capture a special Giratina and Ho-oh respectivly. Also caught my Lucario (It was a Riolu at the time) as well as a Light Metal Beldum and gods only know how much else. Several things of Sacred Ash were aquired through there I do remember.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I tried getting into it, but it wasn't something that I could do every day. There were just better uses of my time that had a lot greater rewards.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I played it enough to get through "the game" and got myself a Hidden Ability Palkia, Giratina, and Lugia. I didn't use any of the Pokémon I caught with it in my team, but it was a nice way to speed up filling in PokéDex entries.

It wasn't the best use of augmented reality, but as an "extra feature" it was helpful, and I think the price point was fair. It's really interesting to remember just how rare and scarce Hidden Ability Pokémon were back in gen 5 compared to now, but I guess it makes sense because Hidden Abilities were newly introduced back then.

Back