• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please rate my team and give feedback

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Hi, im new to the world of competitive pokemon battling and need some help. Iv'e been playing pokemon ever since i was 5 but in the new pokemon world battling is not what it used to be with the likes of Ev/s and Iv's. With these new chances to increase stats, just a pokemons type does not determine how well it will perform in a battle.

So if anybody would like to help me and explain to me how Ev's and Iv's work and help me to perfect my team, it would be greatly appreciated.

My team currently consists of the following:

Salamence
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Naive / Naughty
    Ev's: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
    Moveset:

~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Outrage
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Fire Blast / Roost

Feraligatr
    Item: Choice Band
    Nature: Jolly / Adament
    Ev's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Moveset:

~ Waterfall
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Ice Punch
    ~ Superpower

Arcanine
    Item: Leftover
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Bold
    Iv's: 30 SpA / 30 SpD
    Ev's: 240 HP / 168 Def / 28 SpA / 72 Spe
    Moveset:

~ Will-O-Wasp
    ~ Hidden Power Ground
    ~ Flamethrower / Fire Blast
    ~ Roar

Gengar
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Nature: Timid
    Ev's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Moveset:

~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Hidden Power Ice
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ Trick

Dragonite
    Item: Choice Band
    Nature: Adament / Jolly
    Ev's: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Moveset:

~ Outrage
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Fire Punch / Superpower
    ~ Aqua Tail

Scizor
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Adament
    Ev's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Moveset:

~ Swords Dance
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Brick Breaker / Superpower
    ~ Bug Bite / Roost / Quick Attack

Please just rate and give me feedback please :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Dragonite@Choice Band
    252 Att / 6 Def / 252 Speed
    Adamant Nature
    - Extremespeed
    - Outrage
    - SuperPower
    - Fire Punch

Please.

This way you aren't an inferior Salamence. CB Dragonite has 2 things CB Mence does not. 1. The ability to revenge kill with Extremespeed and 2. The ability to cover ALL steels (grounded and floating) by using SuperPower so it doesn't need to predict to soften up its checks and counters this makes spamming Outrage late game alot easier.

Salamence as a lead is a joke. It loses to everything and you aren't going to sweep turn one.

Replace Arcanine for Heatran please. Arcanine sucks in OU and you already have enough SR weak Pokemon. Heatran also gets Stealth Rock (something which you lack) and is also a good lead, again something which you lack.

Feraligatr once again is an inferior Gyarados and as a CBer Azumarril. Use Swords Dance/Aqua Jet/Waterfall/Return please with a Life Orb.

Scarf Gengar is pursuit bait x90000, get rid of it for a better scarfer or just not use a scarfer since you have plenty of priority to keep pokemon in check so a scarfer seems rather useless here, especially one as terrible as Gengar.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Thank you for the feedback, im gonna rework my team and post the revisions tonight

Back