• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Third Time's the charm! Dark Pulse's Newest Double Team!

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
Years
  • ok, this is basically a redo of my First team, but with much more thought.

ok, here goes:

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Muddy Water
    - Rock Slide

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
    Trait: Keen Eye
    EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Whirlwind
    - Taunt
    - Spikes
    - Roost

Metagross @ Life Orb
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Explosion
    - Meteor Mash
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Rock Slide

Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sniper
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse/Twister
    - Icy Wind/Ice Beam
    - Protect
    - Muddy Water

Dusknoir (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Rock Slide
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Punch

Charizard @ Leftovers
    Modest
    EV's: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

-Heat Wave
    -Air Cutter
    -Focus Blast
    -Dragon Pulse

yes, this is a direct copy from Shoddy script, but that's my team! I just am busy at the moment.

pleaxe give positive feedback and constructive critisism

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • well, skarmbliss combo wont work in doubles,
    or will be less efficent, as they're are 2 opponents, etc.

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    Skarm needs 88 in speed, and why muddy water? surf has more accuracy and more power, use it instead.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • First of all, many of your Pokemon aren't really suited for doubles. No Pokemon on this team that aren't meant to be defensive can and will be KOed in a turn. Thus, the EVs and some of the moves needed to be changed. I think they have a guide for EVs on Smogon, but I might be wrong.
    Secondly, I don't see a strategy this team is based around. Double battles require strategy, not strength. I used to battle in Doubles with a Follow Me Togekiss and a Nasty Plot Mismagius. Togekiss would use Follow Me, Mismag would use Nasty Plot, and then I would sweep. There are many other teams like this, too. A bunch of powerful Pokemon and defensive Pokemon thrown together won't cut it, sadly. You need a strategy the entire team is based around.
    I would recommend looking on Google for double battle strategies. I've seen many threads all over the internet where people would talk about their strategies. Try looking one of those up. It really helped me when I was making a doubles team.
    Good luck with this.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • surf.
    awesome move in doubles.
    get a water absorb partner or a dry skin toxicroak behind a sub.
    thats a strat... i think

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
  • well I do have some strategy...

When Metagross is starting to die, I use explosion while switching to Dusknoir... Dusknoir is unnafected by Explosion, and the opponents go bye-bye!

also, Swampert Earthquakes while Skarmory Spikes, and Skarmory is unnafected by EQ

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Spikes take to long to set up in Doubles. I'm pretty sure that Skarm would be destroyed by a special attacker before he got even one layer set up. That's not really startegy, though. That's kind of basic knowledge if you ask me.
    That's OK with the Explosion thing, but remember that your opponent will probably be expecting that if Meta's getting low on health. Also, if you use something else the first turn and survive it, chances are that your opponent will be able to KO you in the second one when you try to use Explosion.
    Another thing about Doubles is that Pokemon with low speeds and weaknesses that are pretty common won't last long. I had a Tyranitar when I played Doubles when I was like 10 years old, and he got beaten probably every turn because of the great threat he posed to the other team. If you look up Double Battles on Youtube, you're not likely to see slow powerhouses like Metagross. In place of it, I'd recommend something that's fast and powerful. It can be frail, because Focus Sash will help you survive a hit (Most opponents target different Pokemon on the first turn instead of focusing on one), and the EVs can be adjusted to survive a hit or two. Pokemon like Gengar, Starmie, Mismagius, and more are fit for this. However, relativley fast, bulky, and powerful Pokemon such as Suicune and Dragonite could also be fit for this job.
    Also, some of your sets are pretty meh. For example, what's up with your Kingdra set? What is Swift supposed to do? Why do you have Icy Wind (Kingdra should be really avoiding match ups with Dragonite and Flygon, BTW)? Why Muddy Water when you could use Hydro Pump? Instead of Swift, you should use Protect to scout for attacks that Pokemon would use against you and deal with them accordingly. You never know when your opponent's Heatran could outspeed you and hit you by surprise with Dragon Pulse (It would have to be Scarfed, though). Instead of Muddy Water, use Hydro Pump. It only has 5 less accuracy and the power boost makes up for that. Or if you want to, you could use Surf, but I know you don't want to. Instead of Icy Wind, you could use Dragon Dance, although I'd recommend pairing it with a bulky Pokemon that knows Follow Me for that. Maybe you could replace Skarm with Togekiss for that, as Skarm is pretty much a dead weight and Togekiss will still be able to resist Swampert's Earthquakes. Look at you other sets and ask yourself if you really think they're THAT good.

Last edited:

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
  • I guess, but Muddy water hit's BOTH opponents... which means I can sweep easier...

That's also why I chose swift and Icy wind, for "spread"

but I guess Protect would be important, while DD is redundant. Kingdra is my special sweeper, and DD affects Physical attack.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Whoops, my bad. But still. Both Icy Wind and Swift aren't doing a lot of damage. You shouldn't pick 3 moves that hit both opponents and 1 that does, because it's not likely that both are going to be hit for good damage by that.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
  • I guess, but there is NO dragon-type move OTHER than Twister that hit both opponents, and that's only 60 power With STAB.

I may decide to use Twister after all, but my main choice for Icy Wind was other Dragons. So I should have tried a Timid Nature on Kingdra

Back