• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X and Y boring?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    Pretty sure this is the right place to post this..
    Does anyone else think that X/Y is very boring? I mean sure the 3D models are impressive and all its just the Kalos region is too bright and happy.. I hate it, everything is the same and it drives me crazy. Idk though maybe i'm crazy.. that's just what the voices in my head say.

ANYWAYS, I wanna try getting back into my Pokemon X but I don't really know how.
    Any tips? This kindove goes for all Pokemon games, although for some reason I love watching Pokemon let's plays, I just can never play them myself

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    You may or may not go for this, but I find getting into competitive battling is a good way to get back into the games. There's so many aspects to learn, and it pretty much never really ends. This is the first generation I'm really getting into competitive battling, which is why I've clocked like 400 hours, which is a lot more than any other game.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
    Years
  • X and Y, boring? Pfft, never! There's all kinds of fun stuff you can do online, such as PR Videos, Wonder Trade, and even just saying "Nice" to everyone you encounter.

As for competitive battling, I'd recommend trying the Battle Maison, if you've completed the main game. In the higher rounds, things will really pack up in terms of AI strategies.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    I couldn't agree more with Flushed.

Metagame is always there, a neverending way of playing.

Also shiny hunting, dex completition or breeding.

X/Y does not have the best "after-game" events, but if you want it, you can have lots of fun. :)

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I don't think the game is boring, and I disagree with everything looking the same. This was the case in the GB games, but from 3rd gen onwards the environments vary a lot. I've found this game to have some neat ideas for cities, just like Unova.

However, the fact it's too easy to be overleveled compared to other games in the series really hurts X and Y in my book. Granted, in other games I've found myself overleveled too, but X and Y push it to another level entirely. The Exp. Share is too good. But I don't mind it as I enjoy stomping enemies with my overpowered Pokémon, lol.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'll disagree with the OP and say X and Y are rather fun games in my opinion. I only have one badge and I'm already really enjoying it. With things such as Pokemon Amie and Super Training that come with the game as soon as you started, I've definitely found a lot of things to do and I'm only at Camphrier Town. Experiencing my first Horde was exciting and the story is intriguing enough for me so far to enjoy even if I have only delved a small part of it. I think more should give it a chance and you could find it more enjoyable if you do the little things more often.

Years
  • I don't find X/Y boring either, in fact I actually loved the wide selection of Pokemon catchable in the game as well as the other additional features like trainer customization. I may have only breezed through the main story in three days but I have Pokemon Amie, spare Pokemon to train, Battle Chateau and of course buying all the clothes to keep me busy.

You should definitely give the game a chance since it even keeps most veteran fans wanting to play Pokemon again due to the massive improvements it had graphic-wise and mechanic-wise.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    Bah, I would rather use Pokemon Showdown than breed a team and all that.

Oh it's not that I've already played the game through once but after that I restarted it and just couldn't get back into it.

Last edited:

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Wtih IV breedings into shinies? No way is it boring. I'm pumped! Especially with Pokemon Bank coming out soon. Stoked!

Years
  • One thing that can drive you insane is the Vivillon hunt. Some people go to some length when they're close to completing their collection, such as trading legendaries for the bug you can catch in the first forest in the game. Also, I find the GTS to be one of the most exciting features ever. Nothing like leaving a pokemon for trade there overnight, waking up the following day and starting your day with that legendary you wanted so bad.

Pokemon amie feels like tamagotchi on steroids for me, petting my most loved critters will also reward me in battle, the battle maison is really challenging, so is the battle institute, there's tons of things to do in Lumiose city, the clothes, online battles, all the stuff already mentioned.

What I think that must be the most amazing part of it all though is playing Co-op with a friend at the Battle Maison. I'm persuading a friend of mine into getting the 3DS so we can play Co-op. Any game can get boring when we play it way too much, I think that the game that lived the longest on my PS2 was FF12 with 140 hours or so on it. I just realized I have about 60-70 hours of gameplay on Pokemon X and I didn't even notice I've been playing for that long.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    With the Pokemon Bank coming out soon, and the Pokemon from all regions, this is actually the best one yet (in my opinion).

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I don't think pokemon X and Y are boring as there is so much to do after the story is done like other people have said in earlier post. X and Y are one of the best pokemon games since R/B

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I find the post game of x and y quite boring because of the lack of events

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Prior to the story, I didn't find it to be boring at all. It did get a little boring post-game, but to still keep myself entertained, I took on my own, personal quests such as catching new Pokémon, earning cash, buying all outfits, building up a good team, battle online and climb up the ladder, etc. Once PokéBank is released, I'll be trying to complete my Pokédex. Not sure if I'll be successful at it, but wouldn't hurt to give it a shot, right?

pokefan648

< I ate your giant meatball :3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    It gets boring each time you lose to the elite four. Last time I was fighting the Last one, and all my Pokémon fainted. Lucky for me I saved before I challenged Siebold, where I Messed up.

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    I don't think it's boring but I finally just got my 3DS XL with my copy of pokemon Y also and about to get my 1st gym badge so I haven't been playing that long either.

ingcoliptis

Best Pokémon Breeder NA 2015
    Years
  • I dont and will not most likely competitive battle, but I feel happy saying that I have 600 hours in the game, attempting to do things like living dexes is insane, and thats where you set the goal, if your goal is impossible, youll play FOREVER lol

Back