• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could change anything about yourself...

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • What would it be and why?

For me, I would probably want to change my outlook on life and improve on many things (cooking, cleaning, living on my own). However, this really isn't an option. Mostly because after age 22, there are no resources or anything for those with disabilities. It really sucks because I need the help badly, yet I can't get it because of my damn age. I can't improve them on my own because my anxiety and paranoia is far too great to allow me to try. Plus, I'm not really committed to doing these things. The reason is because I have to follow certain routines, and if it's not in that routine... I can't seem to do it properly. :c

Keep in mind, this can be anything you want. Whatever makes you feel insecure about yourself or you simply don't like. Just... anything.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • Honestly, I would like to be cured of my bipolar disorder and just move on with my life. I'm very tired of it interfering with my daily life and interfering with my long term life goals. I can work through my depression, but when I'm on a manic swing that can last from a week to several months, I cannot do my work because I simply can't focus on anything. This also carries over into my personal life, I have issues taking things seriously and my judgment is extremely clouded. I feel like nothing can go wrong and that I'm bulletproof, and that can be pretty dangerous. I'm under the care of professionals now, but I just wish that I don't have to deal with this.

On a lighter note, I would like to get my sleep under control. I suffer from sleep apnea and I don't feel "rested" until about twelve to thirteen hours of sleep. I've been using a CPAP machine for the past two weeks and I haven't felt any improvement, but hopefully I'll feel the effects soon.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I want to stop being such a coward for everything. :( Many things scare me, and what's worse, I'm not able to deal with stressful situations without the help of my family.

Sirfetch’d

My voice in all honesty. I am pretty happy with myself overall but I am not a fan of my accent and would trade it away haha.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Click the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I'd like to be more positive about the future. I might seem really happy on PC but honestly I've gone through some pretty bad bouts of depression in the past. I really want that to change and improve.

Just about summarises most of myself. I mean, I've got my future planned out (and if not accurately, then just "wishes"), yet I can't help but fixate myself on anything negative that could come flying right at me, no matter how unlikely or absurd the situation is. I'm just a pessimist by nature.

I wish I wasn't so quick to frustration. It ends up making me look like a massive dingus, what with me instantly reacting to something I don't like with a mean, sarcastic comment...but I just can't help it.

My tendency to completely butcher a sentence could use ironing out too, heh.

Years
  • Normally when this thread comes up I say "Nothing, I might not be happy with who I am but I don't want to be someone else." Now I have a real answer at last! I'd make myself god damn healthy so I can have a life again xD

Lucid

I could of accomplished so much with my life if I had an ounce of ambition in me

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • On a lighter note, I would like to get my sleep under control. I suffer from sleep apnea and I don't feel "rested" until about twelve to thirteen hours of sleep. I've been using a CPAP machine for the past two weeks and I haven't felt any improvement, but hopefully I'll feel the effects soon.

Sleep is also something I'd like to get under control. Everything I've tried fails at doing anything... however, I've found a pretty good method so far. My problem is getting my brain to settle down before sleeping and during sleep. I have a harder time relaxing, so that makes it hard for me to fall asleep/go to sleep. :c

Also, I wouldn't want to change my autism, but I would like to do without having mental health issues and emotional problems. I want to be able to life a life where I can seem normal. I don't want to be a coward all the time and worry constantly about every little thing. Basically, I want to have more confidence in myself and my everyday life. ADHD is another thing I wouldn't mind changing or getting rid of because it affects my writing. ;o;

Years
  • My mental health. I think it I were healthier I'd have more time to focus on other things and more... focus in general.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I wish I had better focus and discipline. I have so many interests & want to accomplish so many things, but I don't have enough focus to stay on one project long enough to see it to completion the majority of the time. Examples: a photography project, a series of short stories, a couple of cosplays, quilting a small blanket for my nieces and nephew, and doing more painting. All things I wanted to get done this year and I've started none of them. I did get one painting done a couple of months ago though.

More focus, please :( or just give me more hands & hours in a day.

Giggleswee

[Screaming in emoji]
    Years
  • I would like to change my social awkwardness and poor comprehension abilities. It's always bothersome trying to talk to someone and this one time comes up where you don't really get what they're saying for a while and it starts this whole awkward moment. About the social awkwardness, though, I would like to be able to not get exhausted from things like PMs and whatnot.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I wish it was easier for me to go to social events. I was invited to a work party tonight and I feel I should be able to go. Even if I intend to go at the start of the day, by the time I've got to leave I just don't want to. I'm afraid it makes people think I dislike them. And it's hard to deny that if I don't show up to events. I'd rather be a person that can feel comfortable in a large group of people that I don't know very well.

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years
  • My teeth are weird, I would love to have them changed. I have four fang-like teeth that make me look like I'm a werewolf. I was also born without an adult tooth towards the back of my mouth, so I'll have to get a fake tooth back there someday. I feel super insecure about and cover my mouth most of the time when I laugh. I also don't smile fully. Ugh life would be more simple without that.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    being shorter so i could be all Womanly without people being like 'wtf is that a man' would be just lovely

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I feel like I take on a different personality when I'm around certain people and I really don't like that. I wish I could feel comfortable being who I truly am without having to put up some act.

Back