• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

thethethethe's Scripting Tutorial

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
I think the right place to ask this would be the script help thread ;)

But since I post here, I can also answer.
In XSE, there's the command "sethealingplace", it's #raw 0x9F and needs 3 bytes.

But I never used it, I can only tell u what XSE says:

Sets the place where the player goes once he/she is out of useable pokemon.

Needed bytes: 3

Parameter:

>Word-place#

hope that helps.

Years
Master Track that's something different you're asking about.
In the first battle against Gary, in Prof Oak's lab, you don't get sent to the last healing place if you lose, instead you stay in the lab. Is this a command in the script or is it to do with asm? Decompiling the script is not an option in this instance as the offset in advancemap and elitemap does not show the trainerbattle script when decompiled.
Cheers
It's done with a trainerbattle type. It's 5 from memory, but I could be wrong.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2009
#org $start
applymovement 0xFF $wow
release
end

#org $wow
#raw 0x62 0x01 0xFE

whats wrong to my script ?
when i talk nothing happens.

maximum911

Beggining Scripter
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2009
hey i've always had problems with scripts you activate by stepping them. for me whne you step on them the game locks up. are their some variables you have to set on the scrip thingy in advance map?

master morty

Master Spriter
Years
uh my script won't work in game I put in the var number and var value and tested it but as soon as I stepped on the tile the applymovement didn't work is there anything wrong with my script? (please don't kill me if it's in XSE
#dynamic 0x700000
#org @start
checkflag 0x212
if 0x1 goto @end
applymovement 0x43 @swalk
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @plwalk
waitmovement 0x0
message @abouttime
callstd 0x6
applymovement 0x43 @sdone
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x43
setflag 0x212
release
end
#org @end
release
end
#org @swalk
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0xFE
#org @plwalk
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @sdone
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0xFE
#org @abouttime
= [player] you've come\pwe need to hurry Glacieros is already gathering
power\n[player]: I've got the Ice Of Aegis right here\p:sharce good now let's go\n I'll be waiting for you at the entrance to mt. Aegis.

hey i've always had problems with scripts you activate by stepping them. for me whne you step on them the game locks up. are their some variables you have to set on the scrip thingy in advance map?

if you are hacking firered then put: unknown 0003
Var Number 4050

r/s/emerald: unknown 0003
Var Number 4000
then it should work :D I've always had problems with applymovement and can't help with that

Last edited:
Years
uh my script won't work in game I put in the var number and var value and tested it but as soon as I stepped on the tile the applymovement didn't work is there anything wrong with my script? (please don't kill me if it's in XSE
#dynamic 0x700000
#org @start
checkflag 0x212
if 0x1 goto @end
applymovement 0x43 @swalk
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @plwalk
waitmovement 0x0
message @abouttime
callstd 0x6
applymovement 0x43 @sdone
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x43
setflag 0x212
release
end
#org @end
release
end
#org @swalk
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0xFE
#org @plwalk
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @sdone
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0xFE
#org @abouttime
= [player] you've come\pwe need to hurry Glacieros is already gathering
power\n[player]: I've got the Ice Of Aegis right here\p:sharce good now let's go\n I'll be waiting for you at the entrance to mt. Aegis.
I won't kill you, but use the script help thread. No-one will be getting XSE help here.

And I know, it's been a long time, but I've been writing tutorials all weekend, which you might notice if you looked my signature. *Points at Signature*
So I decided I'd add at least a little bit to this tutorial. This will be the last 'update'. Most people may have switched to XSE or pksv by now, but here's what I've added if anyone cares.
Get Player Position
Repeat Trainer Battle
Lock All
Release All
Wait Until Key Pressed
Display Yes/No Box
Multi
msgbox2
waitmsgbox2
Name Pokemon (Working) (String of Script)
Store Pokemon to Pokedex (String of Script)
Editing the Database
I've also added my little 'fix'. Where it's got all those commands found in XSE and pksv, under names that I decided, but there's a little thing on editing those files, which will help you change those when needed. So if anyone's interested, my last update of this ever, and CUT.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Oh My God *flips to first page*. You know thethethethe, I still use pokescript and I think you're amazing for still working on it. I love the updates 8D.

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
Yay, don't worry: It will be of great use. I use XSE and Pokescript, cause I'm used to pokescript. this will really help ^^

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Hey,
What's wrong with this script?

It doesn't continue after the pointer $further in trainerbattle.

Spoiler:

Years
Hey,
What's wrong with this script?

It doesn't continue after the pointer $further in trainerbattle.

Spoiler:

Did you mean to do something like that?
You know how "if 0x1 goto $pointer", just goes to a pointer and doesn't return when done. That's what the "$further" is doing.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I knew it was wrong.. I figured it out yesterday.
My poke script lacked some commands.
Thanks for the reply thethethethe.
icon7.gif

PKMNgamer

youtube.com/pkmngamer
Years
ok heres the thing... my PET never works. so I came here in hopes of finding a trainer battle script... so I could avoid PET. but low and behold I still need to use PET.
is there some sort of script to add the trainers pokemon, attacks, music, ect.

oh yes... I think I should mention I am a com lete scripting n00b. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2011
Hi
Might you put an example of the command cry that not entendi? and And I do not also understand in order that it is the number 71B771 that pussite in Cal's example asm

Years
ok heres the thing... my PET never works. so I came here in hopes of finding a trainer battle script... so I could avoid PET. but low and behold I still need to use PET.
is there some sort of script to add the trainers pokemon, attacks, music, ect.

oh yes... I think I should mention I am a com lete scripting n00b. :D
Okay, ummm... No. PET or some other trainer editing tool or hex.

Hi
Might you put an example of the command cry that not entendi? and And I do not also understand in order that it is the number 71B771 that pussite in Cal's example asm
What? I can't understand a single thing...
Something about Cry and something about callasm, but that's about it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2011
It(He,She) is that I did not understand the command cry, well, rather I did not deal since(as,like) the cry puts in a scirpt, and I did not also deal in order that it(he,she) was 71B771 in the command Call ASM

Years
Still a bit hard to understand but I'll give it a go.
The command 'cry' obviously just plays a Pokemon's cry. I can't think of a way to explain it in a sentence, so I might just label a section of a script.
Code:
cry pkmn_torchic    'Cry [Pokemon]
#raw 0x00 0x00    '[Filler to prevent error] [size=1]Or effect if you want to get technical)[/size]
message $1    '[Text saying]Torchic: Tooorrrr!
boxset 0x6
#raw 0xC5     'Wait Cry, waits for cry to end.
What do you actually have trouble with?

And the callasm [pointer] was just an example. If you've ever followed Mastermind_X's tutorial for creating Shiny Pokemon, as he does it, you need to use that command to 'summon' the shiny ASM routine. That pointer is useless unless you have an ASM routine at that exact place.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2011
Hi
Thank you very much, and I have a doubt, to create the effect day and night, a level scirpt is created, with a routine Call ASM?
And another thing, to obtain the national pokedex, which is, a flag, a special, a raw?
EDIT: Hi
I had a problma with a scirpt, not if they might say to me that this badly, please, that is not compiled
#org $start
checkflag 0x2010
if B_True goto $done
message $1
boxset 6
special 0x113
applymovement 0xF7 $move
applymovement 0x8 $move2
pausemove 0
message $2
boxset 6
applymovement 0x1 $move3
applymovement 0x2 $move4
pausemove 0
applymovement 0x9 $move5
applymovement 0x8 $move6
pausemove 0
message $3
boxset 6
setflag 0x2010
applymovement 0xF7 $move7
pausemove 0
special 0x114
release
end

#org $done
release
end

#org $move2
#raw 0x4 0x4 0x42 0x4 0x4 0x4 0x4 0x4 0x7 0x4 0x43 0x4 0x4 0x4 0x7 0x7 0x7 0x7 0x7 0xFE

#org $move
#raw 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x7 0x5 0x43 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x7 0x7 0x7 0x7 0x7 0x1 0xFE

#org $move3
#raw 0x1 0x2 0x3 0xFE

#org $move4
#raw 0x1 0x2 0x3 0xFE

#org $move5
#raw 0x42 0xFE

#org $move7
#raw 0x6 0x6 0x6 0x6 0x6 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x6 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x5 0x5 0xFE

#org $move6
#raw 0x42 0x1 0xFE

#org $1
$1 1 =\n \c\h01\h03 Cutter: That you say? \nthat alguein stay and it is necessary me! \pnanny at the time I go!

#org $2
$2 1 = \c\h01\h03 Cutter: I you except!

#org $3
$3 1 =\n \c\h01\h09 ¿?: Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Back