• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Mawile a good pokemon in battles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    Mawile is one of my favorite, 3rd in my fave 10 infact, behind Gardevoir and Lopunny, and im wanting to use it in my party. I need to know, on a scale from 1 to 10 rate my Mawile, she knows Swords Dance, Rock Slide, Crunch, and Brick Break. FACT: Mawile is one of the two steel-type only in the game (In Pokemon DP)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • ...accroding to smogon, not that great...

Mawile is hindered by stats. Everything is pretty bad except for atk and def...which are average at best. The set you're using is about as good as it can get. It needs moar Iron Head STAB though. Make it hold a Focus Sash and put it in a Trick Room team and it might be able to work.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I've had no personal experience battling with or against Malwile so I can't really give any personal opinions. However, you can use it's Smogon page to get more ideas about how to use it online.

However, this thread doesn't belong here. Since it's about WiFi battling and I believe that to be competitive, I'll move this thread to Strategies and Movesets for you.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Well the way I see it, Mawile is one of those Pokemon that is overlooked. I don't neccesarily think it's good. In my opinion it ranks in the middle, like a Vigoroth or a Seviper. But I'm sure if you gave it a good moveset, threw it lots of Medicines, in no time you'll have a great Pokemon.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Mawile is NU for a reason, though in that tier it can be decent when used correctly.

Anyway, use the Q&A thread next time.

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back