• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New with essentials

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    Hi all, i'm french, i'm new with essentials, and i have the great wish to create my own pokemon like game :p
    I downloaded essentials after many searchs for ressources.

I have some experience with RMXP, here is not the issue, the problem is that i dunno what to do after openning game.rxproj

if i start to map, the first thing coming next is to implement battles.
    The fact is and here is my problem : I don't understand why there is nothing in the database ? No pokemon, no groups, no skills, no chars, just tiles.

I just don't understand the way to use Essential.

Does it need to use only scripts ? 'cause i seen so many scripts in the script list.

Please help Me
    I just need that help to begin my huge project.

PS : If a french is here, he can PM me in french :p

Sorry for my poor english, i try to do my best.
    Hoping to be understandable :p

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    All the information about Pokémon, items, enemy trainers and so on are written in the PBS files (the .txt files in the folder "PBS"). RMXP's Database simply cannot record the information we need, which is why the Database isn't used (except for tilesets). Have a look through the PBS files, and through the wiki (link in my signature), to find out more.

There are a lot of special features in Essentials which apply specifically to Pokémon games. That's why there are a lot of scripts. Fortunately, you won't need to worry about them unless you're doing something complicated. It's perfectly possible to create a Pokémon game with Essentials without ever looking at the scripts.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    Looking at the script don't afraid me, it's just that i don't know where to begin ?
    Should i erase all the map created ? should i start a new project ?

If yes, which folder of essential should i copy in my project's folder ?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Essentials itself is a Pokémon game. All you need to do is edit the maps and make your own - you don't need to make a new project.

Back