• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pok?mon] Wish

Years
  • [Pokémon] Wish

[Here is my first ever Pokémon fanfiction! Not all of it is going to be the same as in ORAS, because... I'm not great with lore. But I hope you enjoy it anyway! Please let me know what you think, and if you want more.]

Chapter 1: Interesting Enemies

Wish the Vulpix was always a funny little pokémon. He would bound around happily at the mention of a walk out of Mauville City where Evyn - his trainer - lived, just like some of the more doglike pokémon he saw around. Wish would turn from overexcited to grumpy and disinterested whenever Evyn told him that they were going to a shop, or to see one of his trainer buddies. For some reason, Wish loved seeing Gym Leader Wallace, the Sootopolitan; trying to jump up to lick at his face, waggling his bushy tails. Evyn was very glad he didn't seem to mind.

"Wish!" Evyn called from across his apartment. He often let the little thing run around the apartment, if only for the pokémon's occasional enjoyment. Wish darted out from the bathroom, white as Reshiram from the toilet paper wrapped around his body. Laughing heartily, he tugged at one of the ends hanging from Wish's body, rolling the Vulpix over to remove the toilet paper. He let out a cry and batted at the paper with one of his paws, but Evyn was quick to throw the results of his fun into the bin.

"We're going to see Leader Wallace," he explained to the Vulpix, ruffling his fur. Wish immediately started to bounce around the apartment and then paw at the door, ready to leave. With a chuckle he stood up from where he sat by his laptop, and strolled over to the door. He opened it up, turned his apartment's lights off while watching Wish bolt down the hallway, and then locked his door behind him.

One thing that seeing Leader Wallace did for him was to alleviate Wish's fear of flying. It was the excitement seeing the Sootopolitan inspired in his Vulpix that made him forget about the troubles of flying, at first needing to cling to Evyn, scratching his sides as Tropius carried them to Sootopolis, but then he held on a little looser, and then held onto Tropius instead, until finally he could stand confidently on the creature's back and bark at the sky.

They landed in Sootopolis, and Wallace was there to greet them by his gym, a wide smile on his face.

"Evyn!" he greeted, sauntering forth to wrap both arms around him. Evyn responded in kind, wrapping Leader Wallace in a hug that only years of knowing another could explain.

"It's been a while," he responded, pulling back from Wallace's embrace slightly in order to watch his face instead. "You called for us?"

Wish stood on two legs, pawing at Wallace's legs and offering high-pitched barks that had even him flinching. Wallace put both hands on his hips, an amused smirk on his face as he looked down at the Vulpix.

"And how are -you-, Wish?" he asked, before crouching down somewhat to run his hand gently over the Vulpix's fur. His long silks were blowing in the wind, like flags with their constant waving. Evyn wondered why he even wore them - did they serve a purpose?

The yips coming from the excited Vulpix had soft laughter pouring from the gym leader's lips, and that made Evyn smile, knowing that he and his pokémon had that effect on the glorious leader - a leader whom has had to be serious for so long.

After a few moments, Wallace looked back up to Evyn. "Well, I was thinking that it is about time you and your Vulpix aided me. There is a… a show," he explained, rising to his feet again. "I think Wish would win for certain - such charm, such grace!"

"Why do you want us to win?"

"A great enemy of mine - no, no, I am not friends with everyone - is participating in the show. My pokémon are recovering from a recent battle, and I do not want them to enter right now, but yourself?" The bangles decorating Wallace's wrist jingled as he thrust his arm out to the side. "Do you not see it, Evyn? You could win the grand prize, and best my greatest enemy. You and Wish, you have great beauty, great strength, and I am counting on you both to win the prize I once wished for myself."

Evyn's eyes widened a notch, stunned into silence, while Wish continued to paw at Wallace's legs. His mouth opened briefly and then shut like a magikarp, and he ran a hand through his hair, black as night. "I don't think I'm suited for that," he responded quietly, uncertainty in his voice.

"Oh, I am certain you are, my dear. Come with me, and blossom even further as a trainer." Wallace spun on his heel, silks flowing behind him like a train on a dress, and then he sauntered off, a hand raised gracefully in beckoning. Wish bounded after him as if he held a treat in his palm. I'll have to, then, Evyn decided reluctantly.

Years
  • Hey! I see you just joined this month, so belated welcome to the Forum; also, welcome to the Fan-fiction and Writing section. As this is your fan-fiction, I wish you luck on it! and that it won't be your last!

Wish the Vulpix was always a funny little pokémon. He would bound around happily at the mention of a walk out of Mauville City where Evyn - his trainer - lived, just like some of the more doglike pokémon he saw around.

I really love that spelling, "Evyn." :D

His long silks were blowing in the wind, like flags with their constant waving. Evyn wondered why he even wore them - did they serve a purpose?

Fabolousness is purpose

The yips coming from the excited Vulpix had soft laughter pouring from the gym leader's lips, and that made Evyn smile, knowing that he and his pokémon had that effect on the glorious leader - a leader whom has had to be serious for so long.

He was serious? I thought he was flamboyant. I don't know, I beat OR/AS a long while ago, so my memory is sorta fuzzy.

Wallace spun on his heel, silks flowing behind him like a train on a dress, and then he sauntered off, a hand raised gracefully in beckoning.

Haha, Wallace in a dress. I know that's not what you meant, but that's all I can think of now.

Back