• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Personal opinion - worst pokemon ever?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2015
    Anyways..i wanted to talk about what i thing is the worst pokemon ever in my opinion and Why i think that way..and maybe to hear some of your opinions on what is the worst Pokemon for you guys, I thought it would be fun way to show some knowledge and thoughts about the whole subject of Pokemon in general

Ok so i pick my worst pokemon ever not because i think its ugly or something like that..
    I chose this pokemon because i think the creator of this pokemon not give any thought about it and it just a waste of a pokemon i think..i dont hate it..just think its a waste,
    I mean it's not like vanillish..now that pokemon i hate !
    pokemon is basically creatures on thing from the real world..you know like

otcz4twzmuay.png

things that make sense..
    but Ice cream?! what?!

jdkozxdtzkif.png

Pokemon Fact : Vanillite, Vanillish, and Vanilluxe were the first Pokemon to be created by a western designer, James Turner, some dude from amrica..Suitable for an American to think about ice cream when it tries to create a new Pokemon lol

Anyway my wrost pokemon of all time is Dunspace..
    Why? because of everything
    first of all its weak..in any Format or Generation
    Second..its boring..in the anime,manga,TCG - Especially in the TCG
    never been a good card or can play in any Competitive decks
    I mean it got a little Better over the years..
    nfuy2jnhzazy.png

But still a bad card..with no evolution chain Dunspace well get you no Nowhere.

Dont get me worng..till this days we have bad cards that even Dunsparce from Neo Discovery seems alot better
    like psyduck from Boundaries Crossed

4nzem1tycttn.png

or slowpoke from Dark Explorer
    dy3m2izn03yn.png

3 retreat is very bad!
    can't do any damage is just useless(psyduck)
    and look at this...slowpoke "shot in the dark" attack does 20 damage
    for 2 energy cards and 2 coins filp.. if you get 1 tails the attack fails..thats like 25% you get to attack with this allready bad attack...what a bad card..but still psyduck and slowpoke have evolution that makes them a little more better and more Interesting in genral (anime,manga)

If Dunparce had an evolution or some Interesting attacks or maybe a little more Appearance in the anime he wasn't be that bad..

So..thats my opinion piece for the worst pokemon of all time
    hope you guys enjoy it Smile
    and Feel free to comment !

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • This is quite an obvious and popular answer, I assume, to the question 'worst Pokémon'.

129.gif

Magikarp is an extremely pointless Pokémon with no meaning whatsoever. It is impossible to train it regularly until it reaches Level 15 and even when that has happened, it is still weak. I personally think that there should be no pre-evolution of Gyarados or Magikarp receives some attacking moves at earlier levels or Splash is given a meaning.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2015
    This is quite an obvious and popular answer, I assume, to the question 'worst Pokémon'.

129.gif

Magikarp is an extremely pointless Pokémon with no meaning whatsoever. It is impossible to train it regularly until it reaches Level 15 and even when that has happened, it is still weak. I personally think that there should be no pre-evolution of Gyarados or Magikarp receives some attacking moves at earlier levels or Splash is given a meaning.

i know..i allways thought that magikarp was the worst pokemon of all time
    but after a little thinking i decided that magikarp isn't that bad..
    i mean think about it,everyone's knows that magikarp is absolutely useless in the pokemon games and in the TCG, but this decision is not only on strength and power on a video game
    when you choese your worst pokemon of all time you need to look at everything.
    magikarp was a big deal in the anime at the 1-2 gen, there are tones of episodes magikarp Takes part in them..and this pokemon is so stupid that its actually makes you laugh sometimes.
    Magikarp is weak in anything and any format - TCG,anime,manga
    but every magikarp Evolves into a gyarados..and gyarados is one badass pokemon.
    so i think magikarp is important to the pokemon series because he was the first really weak and stupid pokemon that evolves into something awesome,even people that dont watch pokemon for years knows who is magikarp..

Dunsparce never evolves ...its broing and weak
    and he can't do anything Special..
    no cool anime episodes , no funny stuff ,no strong cards no noting..
    that why i think he is the worst of all

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Pokemon Fact : Vanillite, Vanillish, and Vanilluxe were the first Pokemon to be created by a western designer, James Turner, some dude from amrica..Suitable for an American to think about ice cream when it tries to create a new Pokemon lol

It could've been worse, he could've designed a Pokémon based off a hamburger or a box of fries.

Anyway, I think the worst Pokémon is Unown. It has bad stats, only learns Hidden Power and has no evolution to make it worth catching.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2015
    It could've been worse, he could've designed a Pokémon based off a hamburger or a box of fries.

Anyway, I think the worst Pokémon is Unown. It has bad stats, only learns Hidden Power and has no evolution to make it worth catching.

wow..if it was a hamburger??
    I swear i never watch pokemon agine lol

and yeah the unown are garbage..
    but they were a big deal in the pokemon 3 movie,and that is one of my favorite movie that pokemon has ever Release..and the fact that you have pokemon in every english letter but in ancient egyptian style.
    Besides that they are absolutely useless

Years
  • Anyway, I think the worst Pokémon is Unown. It has bad stats, only learns Hidden Power and has no evolution to make it worth catching.
    As someone that considers the Unown as one of his favorite Pokemon, I have to... agree. When you consider the history behind them and their role in the Pokemon world, they seem much more useful, but in battle, they're basically garbage.

As for another Pokemon that I like that is one of the worst Pokemon, I have to vote for Shedinja. Sure, it has Wonder Guard, but anyone with half a brain can knock it out right away, either through entry hazards, hail, status effects, etc. It's a cool Pokemon in concept (which is why I like it), but it's highly impractical to use.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I don't mind Dunsparce. I think it's cool to have a more understated pokemon in a world full of wacky colourful creatures. It adds variety.

My least favourite pokemon would have to be Glalie. I just don't get the design of the thing at all. I guess they were going for a Jason Voorhees Ice cold killer type thing, but the end result is just a giant snowball in a hockey mask. It just looks silly. Well thank goodness Froslass is a thing so we can all forget that Glalie ever existed.

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    Im surprised nobody has sad the abomination that is luvdisc, you know the heart shaped pokemon with horrible stats, based off a western holiday,and is one of the most forgettable pokemon of all time.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • Im surprised nobody has sad the abomination that is luvdisc, you know the heart shaped pokemon with horrible stats, based off a western holiday,and is one of the most forgettable pokemon of all time.

Lmfao I agree with Luvdisc
    Alomomola not being its evolution made it more irrelevant than ever
    If they were to produce a mega evolution, Alomomola would probably get it first

Luvdisc is weak, and might be the most forgettable Pokemon in history
    At least Bidoof has a massive hate campaign.
    But Luvdisc... gets no love, no hate; it's stuck in a state of perpetual nothingness

Years
  • In my opinion, it'd be male combee. Really, it's a bug and flying type, a fairly bad type defensively, plus it cannot evolve. I mean, it can use Eviolite, but it's mostly useless. Female Combee, on the other hand, can evolve into a pretty useful pokemon, so not all is bad.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    In my opinion, it'd be male combee. Really, it's a bug and flying type, a fairly bad type defensively, plus it cannot evolve. I mean, it can use Eviolite, but it's mostly useless. Female Combee, on the other hand, can evolve into a pretty useful pokemon, so not all is bad.

Agree with you, not that much attack either for Rock types.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Good point there with male Combee. It does have a bad time there, and what sucks is that 7/8ths of Combee are male in the games. Ouch.

Unown also has a hard time with all of one move. I guess though there's more than one way to look at a Pokemon - what it can evolve into (if applicable), its design, what it is based on, and so forth. Some may say Zubat are the worst just because they're annoyed by them easily, for example.

Penelope

fluffy Flaaffy
    Years
  • Male Combee is definitely up there on the worst pokemon ever. I feel bad for the little guy to be honest.

Now that you guys brought up Unkown, that does make me have to agree. I kinda forgot about them. Something so legendary and holds many fables is absolutely weak :/

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2015
    I personally do not like ANY of the Pokemon that James Turner designed. They all have this "fakemon" vibe to me. All of the Pokemon that Atsuko Nishida has designed have always been really cute, including her Pokemon-like works for other games. I feel like if you look at which Pokemon the individual designers make, you can really get a sense for the kind of "style" they have, e.g. if they create a lot of monkeys, or birds, or if their Pokemon are cuter or more fierce.

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    EDIT: I posted about the worst dog, cat, fish and rock Pokemon. I got confused with the title.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well I don't really agree with this list.

Houndour isn't really the worst dog Pokemon. The worst dog Pokemon would be Poochyena. Some people do use Houndour and like it because it evolves into Houndoom and Houndoom can mega evolve. And Poochyena's total base stat is 220 while Houndour is 330.

And the worst fish Pokemon should be Luvdisc because Luvdisc has a total base stat of 330 and Seaking has 450.

The cat Pokemon with lowest base stats are Meowth and Purrloin. With Purrloin being 381 and Meowth 390 but I agree with Meowth being the worst because it is ugly and also imo it doesn't make sense for a bipedal Pokemon to evolve into a quadruped Pokemon.

The worst Rock Pokemon should be Nosepass because Nosepass has a bad design. Geodude has two evolutions and even though Geodude is a basic Pokemon it has a total base stat of 300 which normal basic Pokemon don't have and Geodude has a good design too. It is also a very powerful basic Pokemon.
    I don't believe he was saying that those are the worst dog, fish, cat and rock Pokemon- he was saying that he thinks Pokemon should be based off of real things like those, and just provided pictures as evidence.

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    I don't believe he was saying that those are the worst dog, fish, cat and rock Pokemon- he was saying that he thinks Pokemon should be based off of real things like those, and just provided pictures as evidence.

Oh I see. I got confused with the title. Sorry.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • How about this....abomination:

463.png

Lickilicky, imo, has got to be the worst evolution introduced in Gen 4. How does he improve on Lickitung's design? They shortened the tongue, the one niche Lickitung had that could help him survive, made him fatter and more derpy, and they gave him...a bib and swirly? Are you kidding me? Oh but at least he has a full Wi-Fi signal! -_- Honestly, I really hate Lickilicky's design and much prefer his pre-evolution.

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    How about this....abomination:

463.png

Lickilicky, imo, has got to be the worst evolution introduced in Gen 4. How does he improve on Lickitung's design? They shortened the tongue, the one niche Lickitung had that could help him survive, made him fatter and more derpy, and they gave him...a bib and swirly? Are you kidding me? Oh but at least he has a full Wi-Fi signal! -_- Honestly, I really hate Lickilicky's design and much prefer his pre-evolution.

I can agree with you on this....but didn't Jwitzz also say the same exact thing? Just wondering if you copied him( cause if you didn't thats a pretty funny coincidence lol)

Back