• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crowd Funding / Crowd Sourcing

Years
  • There's IndieGogo, Kickstarter, and a bunch of others I've never heard of. Crowd sourcing: Is it entirely a good thing? Is it mostly a good thing? Is it mostly a scam? Is it more appropriate for the arts than the sciences? Will this be the new model for business or is it just a flash in the pan? Do you participate? Answer any questions and talk 'bout this.

I've heard of anime companies starting streaming websites for free with the promise of physical media releases if they get enough money pledged. I've read that Amazon is now letting people submit their own fanfiction for sale in limited ways (which isn't exactly crowd sourcing, but it's got the same "let people decide what they want" element to it). I also read today about efforts to get scientific studies funded this way. It seems really big now, but I wonder if it's going to stick around.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I like the idea overall as it can expose you to a wide array of capital, relatively quickly, to get your idea off the ground. That is great

It needs some fine-tuning though. I personally wouldn't invest in you if all I get is a t-shirt or early access to the end-product (and then in the end, I'm basically paying twice). I want a stock in what I invested in.

Back