• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Having more than 8 badges

Years
    • Seen today
    I recently started playing around with pokemon essentials and I've been wondering is it possible to have more then 8 badges? My idea is to have a gym focusing on each type of pokemon with there own individual badge so that the player can have a bit more variety and not fight the same gym leaders over and over again.

Years
    • Seen today
    Is there a tutorial or something on adding more then 8 badges? Is it possible to raise trainer levels based on the number of badges a player has.

Years
    • Seen today
    Does my idea seem interesting from the standpoint of the player? My end goal for this a game where the player can pick and choose the gyms they want to go to. Everything from a dark gym to a fairy gym players only need eight of the eighteen badges to access the elite four but the more badges they get beyond that will unlock special areas and harder battles.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Could be interesting. But you need to give players good reasons to do more gyms. New Pokemons, new items, I don't know...

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    Pokemon Navy allows you to skip gyms. You should talk with the creator to see how he did it.

Back