• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VGC Team

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
Years
  • So I made 3 VGC teams. 2 around Mega Salamence and 1 around Mega Metagross. I did send some members a PM with team 1 and they all give different advice.
    That's why I have decided to make a thread so everyone can give it's opinion and help me out!

With making a team around Mega Salamence I made sure I had the following:
    - Mega Salamence -.-
    - Follow Me Support
    - Mega Kanga Counter
    - Bulky Water
    - Steel type with priority
    - Electric type or filler

Mega Salamence Team 1:
    Spoiler:

Mega Salamence Team 2
    Spoiler:

Mega Metagross Team 1:
    Spoiler:

Mega Metagross Team 2:
    Spoiler:

Mega Gardevoir Team
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Team 1:
    Special Aegislash is better than physical Aegislash in doubles formats because physical variants tend to get crippled and shut down by burn. Refer to the PMs I sent you.

Mega Salamence also has the spread moves it needs in Hyper Voice and Heat Wave. Earthquake is just unnecessary, IMO, as it also hits a grounded partner. If you really want to hit Heatran and Tyranitar, just use Hydro Pump.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
  • Team 1:
    Special Aegislash is better than physical Aegislash in doubles formats because physical variants tend to get crippled and shut down by burn. Refer to the PMs I sent you.

Mega Salamence also has the spread moves it needs in Hyper Voice and Heat Wave. Earthquake is just unnecessary, IMO, as it also hits a grounded partner. If you really want to hit Heatran and Tyranitar, just use Hydro Pump.

For special Aegislash with Sacred Sword, what are the preffered stats and other moves?
    And if I go with special Aegislash is it preffered to go with Physical Salamence?

Yes thanks for the info in the PM, it give me a lot of ideas. I only dropped Swords Dance on Scizor.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For special Aegislash with Sacred Sword, what are the preffered stats and other moves?
    And if I go with special Aegislash is it preffered to go with Physical Salamence?

If you've seen the PM, here's the Aegislash set:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Flash Cannon/Sacred Sword
    -Substitute/Wide Guard
    -King's Shield
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 252 HP/100 SAtk/156 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Weakness Policy

Also for Scizor, heavy Speed investment is necessary: 28 HP/252 Atk/228 Spe lets it outspeed max Speed Adamant/Modest Tyranitar; hitting it with Bullet Punch may not be enough:

252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 104-126 (59 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 156-186 (88.6 - 105.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
  • If you've seen the PM, here's the Aegislash set:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Flash Cannon/Sacred Sword
    -Substitute/Wide Guard
    -King's Shield
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 252 HP/100 SAtk/156 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Weakness Policy

Also for Scizor, heavy Speed investment is necessary: 28 HP/252 Atk/228 Spe lets it outspeed max Speed Adamant/Modest Tyranitar; hitting it with Bullet Punch may not be enough:

252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 104-126 (59 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 156-186 (88.6 - 105.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Thanks again. I made the changes to Team 1 and I think it's almost perfect now. I switched to Physical Mence cause only a physical Brave Bird on Talonflame is not balanced I think.
    As for team 2, I had Bug Bite on Scizor already and I had the same EV spread you give me earlier.

EDIT: Do I take Moon Light or Wish on Clefable, I just noticed Soft-Boiled is FRLG Tutor. I never used Clefable before I didn't know lol.

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I looked over most of them lightly, and right now the only bit I have to throw your way is for hitmontop - Close Combat, fake out, are both really solid options - wide guard, I can see your point with eq discharge dazzling gleam and especially hyper voice - so that's helpful, but feint may not be as viable as it seems on paper. Yes; the +3 priority is nice; and lifting protect is even better - but it might just be overshadowed by a strong mach punch. UNLESS, you're really heavy into the predictions; which may work in your favor - in which case you'll be able to stop those obvious protects. But again especially since you're running intimidate over technician (probably better VGC choice.) feint will essentially only be picking off focus sash activated pokes, or dropping protect for a teammate to KO. Helping Hand is a solid option as well, because if Hitmontop is obviously going to die; be it by moonblast psyshock or brave bird - the helping hand boost will out-prioritize just about ANYTHING before it goes down, and even after it dies, will still help the teammate's attack. But feint, eh. Risky.

Back