• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How hard did you find the League?

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
Years
  • I found it incredibly challenging in BW, but pathetically easy in BW2. Easiest for me was Grimsley, Emboar too strong sometimes. Hardest is Caitlin, that gotitelle and mushrana just destroy me by being bulky

Years
  • It didn't took too long at the first time but when I went back... It was terrible. Caitlin almost made me cry.
    But that was the hardest league where I've been and I think it's good thing. It's boring when it's too easy, finally some challenges!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • It was easy for me but as soon as i won and got back to my "house" i went straight there and tried challenging it again and after 50 some revives i won the second time honestly the toughest one was Grimsley for me i didnt have any bugs or fighting types that could hold their own against him.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I think I did have a little trouble with the Elite 4 when I got to them on my White. Though it probably had a lot to do with not being completely familiar yet with all the Unova Pokemon and I hadn't realized yet how useful the Nimbasa sports stadiums were for getting extra exp during the game, cuz I know I was slightly under-leveled.

That and Simipour is ass and I just wanted to hurry up and get Zekrom already lol

But I'm pretty sure that when I start over on my White I won't really have much of a problem with the Elite 4.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • In my first attempt I was honestly a noob, just caught any Pokemon I could catch and grinded them. I do remember my team being around...45 or 50? I REALLY don't remember my White playthrough. Like REALLY. All I remember is that my starter was Emboar...yeah. I also remember we was useless in the E4 -_-

Then my friend traded me his Rayquaza and i was like where the f did you get that. I used him, he was lv.70...I literally wrecked the entire Unova E4 with Rayquaza.

This is kinda off-topic but Ghestsis' Hydreigon gave me trouble even with Rayquaza

I was a noob back then okay?!

I remember not having that much trouble with the Unova League on BW2, I was much more familiar with the Pokemon world, I knew which Pokemon was good and others that were bad.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Early game threats were Elesa (and maybe for some, Lenora's Watchog). Otherwise when it reached late game, the gym leaders were pretty much nothing too tough to crack. The Elite Four I didn't find so much a challenge in. My team could easily put a huge dent into their HP bars; the only real setback were the usage of Hyper Potions lol.

Iris, now that girl does have some ace cards up her sleeves. Still managed to pull through but I would say she's like a mini-Cynthia in the making.

Years
  • Early game threats were Elesa (and maybe for some, Lenora's Watchog). Otherwise when it reached late game, the gym leaders were pretty much nothing too tough to crack. The Elite Four I didn't find so much a challenge in. My team could easily put a huge dent into their HP bars; the only real setback were the usage of Hyper Potions lol.

Iris, now that girl does have some ace cards up her sleeves. Still managed to pull through but I would say she's like a mini-Cynthia in the making.

Lenora becomes easy mode should you get yourself a Roggenrola, as that thing resists Normal, can use Iron Defense to buff its stats even further, and gets Rock Smash too. And i'll agree that Elesa can suck without the right Pokémon, although a Palpitoad or Sandile can hold off those Emolga the Aerial Aces can still be tough to the latter. Not likely you'll have an Excadrill before that time though!

And the Elite Four have pretty strong Pokémon, but Marshal is surely the one I would call the hardest for the average player, as he can handle his weaknesses relatively well. While Iris on Normal Mode I won't argue is no Lance or Cynthia, Challenge Mode turns her team into a bunch of literal monsters.

Back