• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Hack-off II: Team Four

I am

• Total voters

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
Years
  • For a title, I like Pokemon Titanium Version, someone mentioned it in the skype - it's quite classical and isn't too specific and limiting. Any other suggestions?

Region name... Well, not so sure. We did so some brainstorming in skype but I can't remember what options we came up with.

Towns/Cities can be worked out last.

Have I missed any features?

If we are gonna use that island theme I think Amos will be a fitting name for our region.
    (Amos means Sand in greek :D)

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Sorry I haven't been on recently. I'm still not at a computer, so I've really been set back by a whole lot :( It looks like I'm going to have to get Skype on my phone and see where that takes me. Hopefully, it doesn't suck. Did you guys finalize anything yet?

View attachment 76136 < ------ Here is my big brainstorm for the hack I thought of... I will try to provide the region map and the other detailed events shortly! :D

IceFire, I know you really want us to work on Midnight Black for you, but no one's willing to make your hack for you, I'm sorry. Right now, we're all collaborating on making a hack for the whole team, not just for one person in the group. :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    twoMfL4.png

Just an outline but thoughts? Centre island is where you start (tournament, etc.). The land to the west is connected by a small sand bridge, whilst the other islands would require surf/boat.

DJTiki

Years
  • twoMfL4.png

Just an outline but thoughts? Centre island is where you start (tournament, etc.). The land to the west is connected by a small sand bridge, whilst the other islands would require surf/boat.

I'm a fan of it. There's not really much to critique but it fits well with the plot. Good job!

DJTiki

Years
  • Mind the double post.

ALRIGHT! I got extremely tired of looking at this file, so if someone can carry my torch and insert a few things for me, that'll be great. Besides, I believe you guys wanted to insert BW2's Repel System and a evolution table. So... for a small bit, I'll let you guys chip in on the ROM Hack. This .zip file contains a LIPS patch for a clean ROM. There's also a file that has the locations of the few ASM routines I've inserted. Make sure to NOOOOOOOOT touch them. Thank you :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    General Information
    Hack name: ???
    Hack of: FireRed
    Storyline: After the regional tournament is ruined by a mysterious group you must use your remaining resources to reclaim the stolen Pokémon and your title.
    Features: Mega Evolution, MrDS's Fairy patch, expanded dex,

Region
    Name: Amos
    Image: Rough outline: http://i.imgur.com/twoMfL4.png
    Towns/cities to be included in the release: Not got any specific towns planned yet but they'll be named after Greek colours to follow our loose theme.
    Landmarks to be included in the release: The Grand Colosseum (tournament site), a lovely coastal beach, a spheal statue.

Story
    Description of starting events + starter pokémon: Ivysaur, Wartortle or Charmeleon can be chosen as you set off to reclaim your stolen monsters. These are not your first Pokémon, but they're the ones you get to choose :D.
    Other events to be included in the release: TBA

-----

Gotta post this in the update thread today, everyone happy or want things added?

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
    Years
  • General Information
    Hack name: ???
    Hack of: FireRed
    Storyline: After the regional tournament is ruined by a mysterious group you must use your remaining resources to reclaim the stolen Pokémon and your title.
    Features: Mega Evolution, MrDS's Fairy patch, expanded dex,

Region
    Name: Amos
    Image: Rough outline: http://i.imgur.com/twoMfL4.png
    Towns/cities to be included in the release: Not got any specific towns planned yet but they'll be named after Greek colours to follow our loose theme.
    Landmarks to be included in the release: The Grand Colosseum (tournament site), a lovely coastal beach, a spheal statue.

Story
    Description of starting events + starter pokémon: Ivysaur, Wartortle or Charmeleon can be chosen as you set off to reclaim your stolen monsters. These are not your first Pokémon, but they're the ones you get to choose :D.
    Other events to be included in the release: TBA

-----

Gotta post this in the update thread today, everyone happy or want things added?

You forgot the rom name. Pokemon titanium right?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I got that don't worry! :)

Checkpoint 2

Intro: post a screenshot of the titlescreen and the game's intro
    Maps: post two screenshots or the whole map for the starting town and the first route
    Scripts: post three screenshots or a video of the script where you get your first Pokémon
    (optional) Other information and features: more details on the story, town setting, some screenshots showcasing new features

Post these by August 10!

Right, role call:
    • Anonyboy, you're our one graphics-y person. Do you reckon you could knock up a titlescreen and ready for insertion? You also said you have tiles ready to go? Could you add them to the patch that Slashtiki uploaded a few posts above?
    • Trenhoj, JaDe.X105 - Are you up for mapping the first town/route? We can do sketches if you want to plan it out before hand, perhaps you want to do one each... say now! :)
    • Story writers, I'd love you to write a sequence of SHORT points to fill in with the story we currently have. Basically, I'm looking for pointers on how to script this when myself and JaDe get the ROM. Story for first event is simple
      Spoiler:
    • Scripting comes last, JaDe and I will cope between us I'm sure :).

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
    Years
  • I've rewritten the dialogue of the first event.
    Here it is:
    Spoiler:

What do you guys think of it?

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
    Years
  • My Idea of the evil team:

I guess we could name the team anything we want but I prefer the name team chaos.
    And this is what I had in mind:

Team chaos is a team that loves the nature and they are building on a machine with the abillity to destroy all the technology in the world.
    Reason: because they think technology is screwing up our world. They think technologie is only resulting in war and they dont want that to happen. So they are building a machine that will destroy everyone on earth exept for their team members so they can live together in peace without technology. The only downside of this plan is that the pokemon wont survive that destruction only team chaos members will survive. What do they need for the weapon: the power of nature. How will they get that power? They gonna try to capture celebi in order to use his power. They are also gonna need electricity so we could make an event by the power plant of the amos region and they're trying to steal the electricity and then the player will try to stop them.

I think this idea fits really well into the theme.
    What do you think?

Shitik

Generic Bio
    Years
  • IceFire, that's great and all for an individual hack but you've literally ignored all the other ideas we've put together here.

IceFire, I know you really want us to work on Midnight Black for you, but no one's willing to make your hack for you, I'm sorry. Right now, we're all collaborating on making a hack for the whole team, not just for one person in the group. :)

You didn't need to make the whole hack, you could take ideas from it if you wanted/want to...

Shitik

Generic Bio
    Years
  • My Idea of the evil team:

I guess we could name the team anything we want but I prefer the name team chaos.
    And this is what I had in mind:

Team chaos is a team that loves the nature and they are building on a machine with the abillity to destroy all the technology in the world.
    Reason: because they think technology is screwing up our world. They think technologie is only resulting in war and they dont want that to happen. So they are building a machine that will destroy everyone on earth exept for their team members so they can live together in peace without technology. The only downside of this plan is that the pokemon wont survive that destruction only team chaos members will survive. What do they need for the weapon: the power of nature. How will they get that power? They gonna try to capture celebi in order to use his power. They are also gonna need electricity so we could make an event by the power plant of the amos region and they're trying to steal the electricity and then the player will try to stop them.

I think this idea fits really well into the theme.
    What do you think?

Sorry about the double post, but that sounds great! What I was thinking is that we could shake it up a little bit,and have the leader of team Chaos be a female leader instead of every other hack having a male antagonist. Its up to you :)

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
    Years
  • Sorry about the double post, but that sounds great! What I was thinking is that we could shake it up a little bit,and have the leader of team Chaos be a female leader instead of every other hack having a male antagonist. Its up to you :)

That's fine with me.

Back