• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Hack-off II: Team Two

What Game should the hack use as a base?

• Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • FireRed/LeafGreen

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Emerald

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 13, 2020
    Team 2 (A.K.A The Cool Crew)

This is the official thread for Team Two! This thread will be regularly updated with various discussions on our progress for the second Team Hack-off.

What's to come:

Spoiler:

The Team:
    FBI agent
    Domad4444
    Jilly Shears
    joexv
    Johto_legend
    RayZax
    Splash
    Zekrom The Hedgehog
    PlayGameTom
    Superjolt​

Current phase: Hacking (Checkpoint 2)

By August 10th, we need to accomplish the following:
    Spoiler:

To be able to work more efficiently, we currently have a Skype group up and running to keep every team member on the same page at the different stages of development. If you haven't been added in yet, please add me on skype (username is "jillsandwich93") so I can do so and we can really get this ball rolling! Please tell me who you are in your contact request.

For the first discussion of the thread, let's get into the nitty-gritty: What's going to be the storyline for the hack? Anyone have any cool ideas to maybe bounce around?

Last edited:

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Hey everyone! :) Surprised by the lack of replies here

I'll be sure to add you when I have more time tomorrow Jilly :)
    Anyway, I have a possible storyline idea to start things off:

The story starts off like any normal story - player receives starter from professor, etc. However... Around the time the player sets off on their journey, a strange phenomenon starts to occur around the region... Suddenly, technology starts to get disrupted. Televisions, phones, radios, computers show/play nothing but... static. When the problem is looked into, it seems that no one is able to find a cause. When the player arrives in the region's first major city and discovers what is happening, they agree to put their normal journey aside and help the professor investigate the strange occurrences.

Well, that's all I've got for now haha. As for who/what is causing everything to happen and for how it's all happening... I'm not really sure. I'll try to think of more details and stuff later.

Anyone else want to potentially expand on this, or share their own ideas? Would love to hear everyone else's thoughts!

EDIT: Well, since there's a completely different story that we're going with, I suppose I'll just hold on to this idea for another time haha :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    Hey everyone! :) Surprised by the lack of replies here

I'll be sure to add you when I have more time tomorrow Jilly :)
    Anyway, I have a possible storyline idea to start things off:

The story starts off like any normal story - player receives starter from professor, etc. However... Around the time the player sets off on their journey, a strange phenomenon starts to occur around the region... Suddenly, technology starts to get disrupted. Televisions, phones, radios, computers show/play nothing but... static. When the problem is looked into, it seems that no one is able to find a cause. When the player arrives in the region's first major city and discovers what is happening, they agree to put their normal journey aside and help the professor investigate the strange occurrences.

Well, that's all I've got for now haha. As for who/what is causing everything to happen and for how it's all happening... I'm not really sure. I'll try to think of more details and stuff later.

Anyone else want to potentially expand on this, or share their own ideas? Would love to hear everyone else's thoughts!

I'd like to expand on this storyline. Possibly having the evil group be the one responsible for the communication trouble. And using electric pokemon as their tools to disrupt everything. Maybe with the region unable to communicate with each other, theres a surge in violent events that the heroes/gym leaders/etc end up involved in. The lack of communication between cities/towns and its peoples is something that could really prove useful to the story. Maybe even having the cities turn on each other in almost a civil war kind of situation.

And I think it would be neat to change up the intro to, like meeting your first pokemon while on a research trip with the professor, or something like that.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Hey everyone, sorry for not being around on Skype very much these past few days... :( I'll be around late tomorrow evening (and there's just a few things about our story that I was wondering about)

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Potential titlescreen idea:
    lwUfkhe.gif

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I initially put FBI agent as a coordinator, but he's not interested in being one, so I'd like to ask you guys to decide on one instead. Jilly Shears posted in the Updates thread and also has ownership of this team thread, so he should be okay for the position. But it's up to you guys!

Also, it's time to post your work for the second Checkpoint. It doesn't matter if you haven't done everything, just post what you have so far.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • I initially put FBI agent as a coordinator, but he's not interested in being one, so I'd like to ask you guys to decide on one instead. Jilly Shears posted in the Updates thread and also has ownership of this team thread, so he should be okay for the position. But it's up to you guys!

Also, it's time to post your work for the second Checkpoint. It doesn't matter if you haven't done everything, just post what you have so far.

Dont worry we're working on it.. we'll post some screenies soonish..
    edit: joe is our coordinator now :)

Back