• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokédex isn't appearing

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
  • So, my pokedex isnt showing up. I tried using Debug and everything, but its not showing up. I tried with the default script command and everything, and its not working. I really don't want to start my game stuff over. I have worked really hard so far, and seeing it all go to waste would be terrible.

PLEASE HELP ME.

Pokegod7020

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    Did you really have to put your title in caps?

Your Pokédex won't show up if you don't have at least one Pokémon registered. Give yourself a Pokémon like a Zubat and it will work.

Years
  • also note that sometimes you need to encounter a wild pokemon before it will work (i.e. it won't count the pokemon in your party sometimes)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    What is your actual problem? Is there no Pokédex option in the pause menu despite having given it to the player? Or did you make your own Pokédex script but trying to access it doesn't work?

The Pokédex will not appear in the pause menu as an option if the player has not seen any Pokémon. It is assumed the player will only ever receive the Pokédex AFTER seeing at least one Pokémon (e.g. seeing their starter upon being given it), so the situation of not being able to look at the Pokédex even though you have it will never arise.

The contents of the pause menu cannot be changed while it is open. If you give the player the Pokédex from the Debug menu, you will need to close the pause menu completely and reopen it.

Don't listen to the second half of Roaming Murkrow's last post, by the way.

Allgamesdude

Years
  • @ All: Yeah. Nope. Still Nothing. However, I feel as if the game is picking up that I received it. because when I save, it says pokedex 0/0. I also have tried enabling it through Debug Menu, but to no avail, it still doesn't work.

@ Maruno: I have tried exiting the pause menu and reopening it after giving it to the player. I have tried seeing a pokémon. I have tried hatching an egg then seeing. I have tried battling with said egg hatched pokémon and fleeing. By the way, this is not a custom pkdx script. It's the default one that comes with Essentials.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    @ All: Yeah. Nope. Still Nothing. However, I feel as if the game is picking up that I received it. because when I save, it says pokedex 0/0. I also have tried enabling it through Debug Menu, but to no avail, it still doesn't work.
    Do this "0/0" goes to other number when you added/catches a pokémon? Try to add Bulbasaur. Maybe you done something with regional dexes.

Allgamesdude

Years
  • Hmph. Thats strange. When I add bulbasaur, it works fine. But when I add a pokémon like T-tar(Tyranitar) it doesn't add it. It says 1/1. But I can clearly see that T-Tar is in my pokemon.txt file.

Years
  • Hmph. Thats strange. When I add bulbasaur, it works fine. But when I add a pokémon like T-tar(Tyranitar) it doesn't add it. It says 1/1. But I can clearly see that T-Tar is in my pokemon.txt file.

Tyranitar probably isn't in your first Pokedex.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    You have only the Kanto Pokédex then (it's weird because you gave yourself a Zubat, right?). This and this should help.

Allgamesdude

Years
  • I see. But when I go to the settings script, I can clearly see this. So then shouldn't T-Tar appear? Because T-tar was introduced in Johto. I pretty much want a full pokédex. No regional dexes. Just a complete national dex.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I see. But when I go to the settings script, I can clearly see this. So then shouldn't T-Tar appear? Because T-tar was introduced in Johto. I pretty much want a full pokédex. No regional dexes. Just a complete national dex.

Spoiler:

I'd go into the editor. You'll see that you're able to delete the regional dexes and add in a new one that is the national dex.

Back