• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Go Brought Back My Childhood Obsession

Years
  • Hello, new member here!

I used to play the gameboy and DS games back in the day (Emerald and Pearl were my favourites) and I've still got some of my favourite pokedolls sitting on my bookshelf. Pokemon Go came out and suddenly BAM I'm hit with the urge to start playing the main games again. Anyone else here doing the same thing? I have to get caught up though, I never played X & Y or anything after.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Yeah, a lot of fans wanted to play Pokemon Go which rekindled their Pokemon spirit, which is awesome to see! I hope the Gen 2 pokemon come out soon, which people will be even more active with the games! Anywhooo. Welcome to our forums! Great to have you on board. <33

I hope Pokemon X&Y are good games for you, and I hope you're looking forward to the new pokemon games, yes? If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I'll be sure to get back to you! Have a great weekend and a good stay. ^^

Years
  • Haha yeah GO has brought many many older fans back into Pokémon, you're definitely not alone. It makes me happy how much interest in the franchise people have again thanks to that game. Still happily playing and crossing my fingers for my first Lapras.. D8

Welcome Fray! Gen VI games are great and add a lot more depth/new mechanics to the games, plus we moved on to 3D so the experience is a lot more engaging. I'd definitely recommend trying XY and ORAS before Sun & Moon come out. Have fun otherwise! Even if you've never played the newer games you'll still fit in well here. ^^

Back