• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso slowed to a halt, breathing a little hard. What am I thinking? He had no money he knew of - most of his supplies and belongings had been taken away back when he'd been put in the torturehouse - and...it didn't seem all that fair for him to get a meal for free just by using his position as a Gold Tribe warrior.
Looking back up, Hanso sighed. He'd lost sight of Guardia and Dark Lightning in the last few seconds. His stomach growled in complaint. Not to mention I don't have my insignia with me. The Gallade turned back the way he'd come and found it a little more crowded than when he'd run through. Getting back to the medics would take longer by foot.

Hanso closed his eyes, bringing up an image of the courtyard in his mind's eye. There would be others in the middle, so he looked along the outskirts of his image. There, that was where he'd seen the medics come from before he'd left. The Gallade concentrated...and was bumped into from behind, pushing him forward a few steps before he could have teleported. A second later, he could hear boxes hitting the ground and someone cursing under their breath.

Hanso turned back to find a Machoke glaring at him. "Can't you watch where you're goin'?" the Machoke growled, crouching down to pick up the wooden boxes he'd dropped. There were four of them. "Lucky that none o' these broke open," the Machoke added. "I'd hate to do th' same to you."

Why was he talking like that to hi- Oh. No indication of who he was. Hanso crouched down and put a box on top of two others that had already been stacked, then asked, "Where are you heading?"

"The hospital they set up near th' courtyard," the Machoke replied, a little calmer as he stacked the last box. "They needed someone t' come grab these supplies, and I need t' hurry, if you don't mi- Hey!"

Hanso had picked up the top box. "That's where I was about to go," he said. As an afterthought, he added, "Name's SharpEye."

The Machoke grunted, picking up his three boxes with ease. "Not often I see a fellow with a different eye," he replied. Hanso flinched, but the Machoke didn't seem to notice. "I'm Vanni." They started walking back in the direction of the courtyard. After a few minutes, Vanni said, "You remind me of someone in Shine City, b'fore it was destroyed. A Gardevoir, had the same eyes, but backwards. Prob'ly same height as you, too."

Hanso kept his face straight, but inside he was wondering. "Did you see her in the fight?" he asked.

Vanni snorted. "I protected her while she was teleportin' lots of us soldiers out. Best at gettin' more of us away from th' Ancients, what with her bein' Gold Tribe and all." He broke off as they were separated by a group of conversing Pokemon. When the two got together again, Vanni added, "An' that was after all th' fighting."

As the Machoke said this, he and Hanso came to the edge of the courtyard. Hanso saw several Pokemon, some of them Gold Tribe, grouped near a machine. Before Hanso could ask another question, Vanni was already heading towards the nearby temporary hospital. A minute later, the two had set the boxes down and opened them for the medical personnel.

A nearby Chansey spotted Hanso and hurried over. "Mr. Gold Tribe," she started, "if you recall, you left two of your things with me." She reached into her pouch and pulled out Hanso's bracer and insignia.
Ignoring Vanni's stare, Hanso took them and put them back on his right arm, with the insignia on his upper arm. Nothing else to hold them. "Thank you." His thoughts turned to the machine he'd just seen. Hanso turned and walked back out of the house, heading for the Pokemon near the machine.

Walking up beside Calamity, Hanso asked bluntly, "What's this thing?" His question was loud enough for anyone nearby to hear.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum​

Penance managed to make it back to the others just as TrueStriker made his statement. Penance groaned as Demas' eye twitched. "Thing... you call her a thing... just like everyone else..." He turned to TrueStriker, "THAT'S THE LAST STRAW! SHE IS NOT A THING! SHE IS THE MOVE LEARNER! A COMPLEX, HIGHLY DETAILED WORK OF ART THAT TOOK YEARS TO BUILD! SHE IS NOT AND WILL NEVER BE A THING YOU IGNORANT-"

Before Demas could say anymore his mouth clamped shut as a blue glow surrounded it. Matthias sighed, "Sorry about that. Demas gets quite cranky when you refer to his prized possessions as inanimate objects." Demas grabbed at his mouth trying to open it. Matthas frowned, "You can have your mouth back once you calm down."

Demas looked at the Golduck with enraged eyes and unleashed multiple thundershocks at the ground. By the end he was panting. The blue glow disappeared and Demas openly panted. He glared at TrueStriker and puffed out his chest, "As I was saying, this is the Mover Learner. She is the more technologically advanced equipment that the Gold Tribe has right now. She is able to teach any move known to pokemon! A Buizel just gained the powers of ice just a short while ago I'll let you know!" He turned away from TrueStriker.

"From this point on the Mover Learner is a she and if you want to learn from her then you'll just have to abide by my rules! Calling her a... thing... once is tolerable. Twice, it gets annoying, three times it becomes a rude, and four times is asking for death." He sighed and stroked the machine with a paw, "Still, ten percent chance of death is much better than that thirty percent I had for a year and a half. I'm not sure if I could perfect her anymore."

Penance just shook his head at Demas' reaction. He knew that Demas could get cranky sometimes and he had heard of his temper tantrums, but he never had seen one until now. Penance spoke up, "Has anyone seen Vigil around?"

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Eternity City

Calamity gave a stare to Defender as he left to get his arm checked. The possible injury to Defender reminded Calamity himself of his injury. Still, the intriguing device had helped him slightly forget the pain. However, if this device truly had potential to harm, he'd prefer to be at a more better physical shape before he would attempt it. Calamity stared down the machine, his eyes glancing around as he debated what he should do. Ultimately, he decided against using it for now. Just before he spoke up, TrueStriker appeared behind him, asking him what the device did. This was followed by a loud protest from Demas, questioning the Gallade's word choice when referring to his prized invention. Calamity shook his head at the silliness coming from Demas. He chuckled a bit as Matthius managed to silence the Raichu a bit, before he was finally unsilenced.

Zane and Speculum in the meantime, managed to catch up with the others gathered around the machine. He gathered around the others and looked at the device in curiosity, listening to Demas as he explained exactly what it was. It was an intriguing piece of equipment, and from what Demas described, could prove useful should the Gold Tribe attempt to use it. Zane looked around the others for a sign of Guardia, who it seems, had taken off somewhere. He snapped back to what Demas was saying as he mentioned a ten percent chance of death.

"Wait, what did you say?" Zane asked in surprise. "Did you say death? I think I may speak for all of us in saying that we don't want to try out something in our current state. We were just in battle after all...." Zane's voice trailed off as he looked over some of the Gold Tribe with a bit of worry, particularly TrueStriker, Defender, and Calamity. "...and some of us don't appear to be in our best shape." Zane turned back to Demas. "We'll go to recover our wounds and we should probably rest the rest of the night. Tomorrow, we'll see more of your device, and its benefits of usage."

Zane turned to leave, addressing the others in the Gold Tribe. "Even the Gold Tribe needs rest and recovery." He said with a smile. "Come on. It looks like some of your are about ready to collapse." Calamity took a look back at the machine, and proceeded to follow Zane.

For the most part, the trip there was silent mainly more because of the crowd of Pokemon that flooded the area with chatter, not allow any room to effectively communicate with the others. However, Zane did look back at everyone to make sure they were followed, giving a smile on occasion as he did. He couldn't help it. He was in a rather good mood. One week ago, Zane thought all that was left of the Gold Tribe was Calamity, Defender, and Sword and Shield. A week later, there were around a dozen of them that popped up. Zane could help to wonder if there would be even more.

As Zane got closer to the large main hospital tent set up, Zane noticed a lot more Pokemon crowding around the area. Many of them had sad looks on their faces, while others held worried or anxious looks. It took a moment to realize who these Pokemon were, as they clearly weren't soldiers. They were probably family of Alpha Alliance soldiers, coming to see if their loved ones made it. Judging by the amount of tears coming from a lot of them, many, it seemed didn't. Zane's smiled was gone from his face, and instead, a look of concern was in his eyes. Zane looked at many of these Pokemon as he passed by. His golden emblem shone shone brightly, and many took notice at him, and the others that followed. However, instead of the normal awes and wondrous expression given by them, their eyes stared into them, boring deep into his skull. They did not speak to them, but their look gave more than enough information on what they would have said. As the eyes of the Pokemon fell upon him, he felt them speak inside his head, as if their eyes told them what their mouths couldn't, or wouldn't.

Why didn't you save them? Why didn't you help them? You are from the Gold Tribe. You are the protectors of the Alpha Alliance, our protectors. Why didn't you protect them? My son, my daughter, my sister, my brother, my wife, my husband, my mother, my father. Why?

A look of guilt seemed to come over Zane's face as he passed through the crowd of Pokemon to the direction of the hospital. It became sort crowded, Zane began having to maneuver through the crowd, and ever body he'd inadvertently touch, they would look up at him, and give him and even deeper stare. And Zane could do nothing back but look shamefully into the ground, unable to dare look them in the eye. Not every soldier could be saved in war, it was inevitable to do so. But when origin of such a brutal conflict originated in the Gold Tribe itself, that makes the pain that much more unbearable.

"Hey." He felt a paw nudge him on the side, looking over to see Calamity next to him. "It'll be alright. Come on." He said. Zane didn't respond, but instead silently walked alongside him. Eventually, they managed to reach the hospital tent, and walked inside. Although the scene outside was bad, the scene inside the large white tent didn't make up much for it. Dozens of Chansey and Blissey ran across the place, tending to those who needed aid. Zane sat himself on the ground close to the entrance of the tent, waiting for someone to attend to the others. A Chansey walked up frantically to them.

"Who needs help?" She asked, putting on the best smile she could. Clearly though, she was weary. Zane pointed out at Defender, Calamity and TrueStriker. "My brothers primarily need some attention. The rest of us will make due for now. We wouldn't want to overburden you with trivial injuries..."

Chansey nodded. "We'll get to you three right away!" She said, her eyes flickering at each of their Gold Tribe emblem, before rushing away. Zane looked around the room from the floor, wondering what he could do to help. Medicine was never his expertise, so he felt ashamed sitting dumbly on the floor that this was all he could really do for now.

"I wonder where Hoodhide is." Calamity said, giving a shrug to the others.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum​

Penance followed after Vigil as he could Demas from behind them, "Get up and early! My girl will blow your minds!"

Penance sighed as he walked. It was good for once to not have to run somewhere or try to defend himself or even have to find someplace to hide. Penance knew he wouldn't be ready to try out Demas' machine. With his arm in a cast for three days he highly doubted he would be able to do more than 'stand here and guard this wall' or something similar to that. Penance knew it was his fault for allowing the cast to be taken off, but still, it is his duty to protect all of these people. How was he supposed to do that with one arm literally out of commission?

Eventually Penance caught sight of the hospital, but on the way there they ran into another problem. Penance knew that many soldiers had lost their lives in the battle, but he hadn't expected all of their loved ones to just crowd around them. At first he tried to keep his up, to be proud of his hard work. In the end he just had to stare at the ground, to keep his eyes off of the faces in the crowd. The soldiers knew what had awaited them and had died to give freedom to all of those in Eternity. At the same time Penance couldn't help but feel that they should have never tried attacking Eternity.

Luckily they managed to get out of the crowd and into the hospital. They were approached by a Chansey and Vigil pointed out Penance as one who needed some help. "Actually Vigil I'm fine. I was just told I need to keep my arm in this cast for three days." Penance sighed, "Vigil, I won't be as effective in battle if I have this cast on, I just know it. Do you know if there would be something else I'll be able to do around here?"

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years

Cedric Ceffyl
Silver Tribe Sentinel

Deluge was never one for architecture, but even he could admire the brilliant structuring of Albia's watchtowers that made them so resistant to opposing attacks. Manned by capable guards and supported by a sufficient amount of brute strength to defend it, they would make Albia every bit as unassailable as Eternity City and its giant walls.

The Castform floated atop the highest turret of the northwestern watchtower and observed the city. It was that time of the day again, when the curfew was enforced and when the Ancients ushered the citizens into their homes. At first they had practically sprinted back home at the mere sight of these Ancients, but now they only sauntered back to their homes casually, with no regards to the Ancients. To their strength. To their authority. To their power.

"Things need to change..." Deluge mumbled to himself, his trademark smirk creeping onto his already sinister face. Lately he found himself considering doing acts that would probably belong more in Frost's alley, but he often decided against enacting them--it took too much effort, with too little satisfaction as the reward. The Castform found no joy in torture and misery of others. He preferred to kill as many Pokemon as possible, and will seize every opportunity he gets to do so--especially if his targets happened to be Gold Tribe members. They were much more of a challenge to kill than Alpha Alliance soldiers, and if there was one thing in Deluge's cup of tea, it was a good challenge.

His silent reverie was interrupted, however, as the subjects of his observation started to scatter in every direction. The looming darkness shrouding the city made the task of identifying the initiator of their sudden change of behavior a hard one; however, eventually his eyes landed on a floating white figure passing the city, who was definitely the stimulus of the citizens' hurry. Sade Frost, otherwise known as Frostbite--the Sentinel most well known for her cruelty. News had arrived by now that Frostbite was present in the battle of Eternity City that caused the Silver Tribe to lose two of their Sentinels, although she did not participate in said battle. Word had gone around that both she and Ignitus would soon arrive in Albia, and this piece of information turned out to be correct. Deluge floated down towards the city, the setting sun casting his shadow on the tower's stone wall. It was time he met his fellow Sentinels.

The Hall of Albia was not a tall building--it was easily dwarfed by Albia's other important structures, but it was certainly the longest--about that, there were no questions. Deluge entered the building and was immediately greeted by the sight of a not-entirely-amused Frost sitting on the throne, and a nonchalant Sentry marking a map--both seemed to have no qualms in ignoring his entry.

"Yes, yes, you're both charmed, I'm sure," Deluge said briefly, before floating closer towards the throne. "So, Berserker and Noxious're gone, are they? I've always thought they were a cut below Sentinel standard. I've heard good things about Ignitus, though. Does she live?"

Last edited:

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso was taken aback at the Raichu's reaction to the word "thing." "Thing... you call her a thing... just like everyone else..." He turned to TrueStriker, "THAT'S THE LAST STRAW! SHE IS NOT A THING! SHE IS THE MOVE LEARNER! A COMPLEX, HIGHLY DETAILED WORK OF ART THAT TOOK YEARS TO BUILD! SHE IS NOT AND WILL NEVER BE A THING YOU IGNORANT-"

Before Demas could say anymore his mouth clamped shut as a blue glow surrounded it. Matthias sighed, "Sorry about that. Demas gets quite cranky when you refer to his prized possessions as inanimate objects." Demas grabbed at his mouth trying to open it. "You can have your mouth back once you calm down."

Demas looked at the Golduck with enraged eyes and unleashed multiple thundershocks at the ground. By the end he was panting. The blue glow disappeared and Demas openly panted. He glared at TrueStriker and puffed out his chest, "As I was saying, this is the Mover Learner. She is the more technologically advanced equipment that the Gold Tribe has right now. She is able to teach any move known to pokemon! A Buizel just gained the powers of ice just a short while ago I'll let you know!" He turned away from TrueStriker.

Hanso's eyebrows rose. To him, it was a machine, though a useful one from the sound of it. The Buizel that had been mentioned was nearby; the Gallade saw several patches of ice around him. Useful, indeed. Still just a machine, though.

"From this point on the Mover Learner is a she and if you want to learn from her then you'll just have to abide by my rules! Calling her a... thing... once is tolerable. Twice, it gets annoying, three times it becomes a rude, and four times is asking for death." He sighed and stroked the machine with a paw, "Still, ten percent chance of death is much better than that thirty percent I had for a year and a half. I'm not sure if I could perfect her anymore."

"Wait, what did you say?"
Hanso turned to see that Vigil and Speculum had returned to the group.
"Did you say death? I think I may speak for all of us in saying that we don't want to try out something in our current state. We were just in battle after all...."
Why would anyone try something with a death chance? Hanso thought, looking back at the machine. Ten percent, to him at the moment, was a death wish.
"...and some of us don't appear to be in our best shape." Zane turned back to Demas. "We'll go to recover our wounds and we should probably rest the rest of the night. Tomorrow, we'll see more of your device, and its benefits of usage. Even the Gold Tribe needs rest and recovery. Come on. It looks like some of your are about ready to collapse."

Vigil's words seemed to be the cue for Hanso's stomach to quietly growl. "Collapse from hunger, maybe," he muttered, following the others as they walked toward the hospital and hearing Demas talk to others. Personally, Hanso felt he would consider using the Raichu's machine if it wasn't for the death wish.

In any case, that train of thought was soon abandoned as the Gold Tribe warriors heading for the hospital had to meet the stares of the Pokemon crowded around them. After a minute or so, Hanso kept his gaze forward, trying to avoid returning any looks. Did they think that the Gold Tribe warriors were machines with boundless energy and countless clones that could save everyone?
That thought didn't help Hanso feel better, though.

When they did get to the hospital, and Vigil pointed out Calamity, Defender, and Hanso to a weary-looking Chansey, Hanso shook his head. "I don't need it so much now," he said firmly. His stomach protested, contradictory. The Chansey had already begun walking away, though, so Hanso wasn't sure how much she heard.

"I wonder where Hoodhide is," Calamity spoke. Hanso glanced around, looking for the Scrafty. Where was Sword and Shield, for that matter? And what about the more recent Gold Tribe members?
In doing so, he saw all the wounded soldiers and concerned family again. He thought back to Demas' machine. 'Any move known to Pokemon'... I could help with things like this, Hanso thought, walking over to the corner near the door and leaning against the wall. He knew Brynn would have...

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Ignitus - Albia City

Ignitus awoke early in the morning, the sin just above the horizon poking through the leaves of the trees surrounding her. For a moment there was confusion, when one asks Where am I? or How did I get here? Then the memories returned, as she recalled the battle, the results, and the resulting journey she was on to Albia. She groaned as her joints creaked, stiff from the pounding she had received yesterday. Even Sentinels got sore after battles. She allowed herself a few minutes to rest some more before finally getting up and starting to run. She would have liked to have something to eat, but food would have to wait until later, when she arrived in Albia.

She must have misjudged the distance. She knew it would take a while, and that if she had run without stopping from the previous day she would have had arrived sometime in the afternoon anyway, but when the walls of the city were coming into view, the sun was painting the cloudless sky in all shades of purple and gold and red. She wasted no time entering the city, entering through the large wooden doors that led into the city. Citizens were being ushered into their houses, curfew being enforced. Normally, a strict curfew wasn't put into place, but ever since Gold Tribe had first started to rise once more, the peasants had to be put on a shorter leash. Not that Ignitus thought that was a bad thing. The scum would no doubt love new leadership, over the hold that Auron held over them.

As she walked through the rapidly clearing streets, Silver Tribe soldiers and ancients stopped and saluted to her, before continuing their duties. I see my reputation proceeds me, Ignitus thought allowing herself a smile. The soldiers worked like a well oiled machine, rounding straggling and drunk civilians and escorting them to their houses quickly and efficiently. Eternity may have fallen, but these soldiers will fight. They wont loose to those Gold Tribe rabble. Eventually she came to the Hall of Albia. Despite being shorter than most of the surrounding buildings, it was still an imposing structure.

Ignitus walked down the long hallway that stretched through the long structure, all the way to the end where she entered through the large doors leading to the throne room, which were slightly cracked open. Ignitus could hear voices from inside. As she entered, she saw a Castform, Deluge, speaking to Frostbite and Sentry. "-nd Noxious're gone, are they? I've always thought they were a cut below Sentinel standard. I've heard good things about Ignitus, though. Does she live?"

"Still alive, unless I've come back from the grave. And those things which you have heard are absolutely true as well.", Ignitus said as she entered the room. Sentry was standing by the map table, examining it, and Frost was sitting on the throne. As if she belonged there. Ignitus wouldn't comment on it for now though. Instead she spoke again, looking at the small group gathered, staring at Frost last, "I hope I didn't keep you all waiting. Well then, now that we are all here, shall we begin?"

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
"What was that about?" asked the Kirlia looking rather confused. She then asked, "Were you a member of the Gold Tribe or something?"
Kivir watched Vigil walk off and replied, "I was never a member of the Gold Tribe, and it was just a discussion on a difference in point of view." He then turned back to helping the wounded. When the Gold Tribe walked through the main medic tent Kivir was there tending to a dying radicate. Looking at them he could see pain and guilt in their eyes. Looking around he also saw some of the looks they were getting from the other Pokemon. He then refocused on the task at hand.

About a hour later he was standing before General Belas, who had summoned him for some assignment. The general paced a little before beginning to brief Kivir on a special assignment he had for the Breloom. After the briefing Kivir bowed and left the general's quarters. Looking at the rolled up paper that included his orders he looked around. He had to form a small task force to back up the Gold Tribe with. Kivir knew it wasn't just to help the weakened Gold Tribe to fight their fallen brothers and sisters, but it was also a symbol. The General wanted to show the Gold Tribe that the Alpha Alliance soldiers were there to back them up. It was now up to Kivir to form and lead that team. He knew where to look for the first member of the team. Kivir then started off toward the vast medical facilities to get a combat hardened medic.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Eternity City

Zane looked between Defender's eyes and his arm with a concerned look as he spoke to him. He hoped the injury was nothing too serious.

"Actually Vigil I'm fine. I was just told I need to keep my arm in this cast for three days." Penance sighed, "Vigil, I won't be as effective in battle if I have this cast on, I just know it. Do you know if there would be something else I'll be able to do around here?"

Zane smiled and got up off of the ground, patting Defender on the soldier. "I doubt we'll be seeing much fighting for the next few days, brother. Just take it easy and let that arm of yours recover. We wouldn't want any long-term problems. We won today, but we've got a long road to go, and I'll need all of you at your best." He said, looking at the others with him. Suddenly, a giant arm seemed to come over Zane and force him to something behind him in seemingly a hold. Zane was about to struggled and break free, but realized it was the arm of a Metagross. Belas. He heard Belas began to laugh behind him.

"Hahaha! There you all are! I've been looking around for you everywhere!" He said, embracing Zane for a moment longer before releasing him to turn and face him, along with the others. "I've taken the liberty of bringing you all some food, noble Gold Tribe. I don't doubt you would be hungry." As he said this, a couple of Machops brought in a sack, and laid it in the middle of the others. Zane responded to Belas with a polite nod. Belas kept staring at the Gold Tribe, a smile never leaving his face.

"You know...despite anything you hear from anyone, or any looks you may get, or anything else of the nature, I hope you understand that we could never have had this victory without you." Belas brought his gaze to every Gold Tribe member present. "All of you. But this is only the beginning. From here, a major step has been taken. But there are more battles to come, more struggles to face...and I hope to see you all there on the front lines, guiding us to victory."

Zane looked at the others for a moment, before looking back to Belas. "We will be there."

Belas nodded. "I will take my leave then. There are, however, things I wish to discuss with you all soon..." Belas looked at them all once more. "...but it is better if you rest today. You have all most certainly earned it. Tomorrow, I'd like you all to join me in a meeting, to plan out what we do next."

Zane nodded in response. He could hear as Calamity already began eating some of the food that was brought by Belas, while also being examined for poison by a Chansey. "And thank you again for the food, General." Belas politely bowed his head before departing. Zane sighed, looking through the sack before finding a few berries to munch on. Sitting back down, he looked through the tent at the multitude of Pokemon inside. His vision was suddenly focused on a Scrafty running over from the opposite side of the large tent, covered in bandages. Two Chansey chased after the Scrafty as his bandages were somewhat loosened as he made his stride. Upon the Pokemon coming closer, Zane realized it was Hoodhide and couldn't help but laugh a bit as the Pokemon reached the others.

"Wellmet, brothers!" Hoodhide said, panting quite heavily, his body covered in wrappings in bandages. The Chansey were quite a while back but finally managed to catch up to Hoodhide. "Mr. Gold Tribe, you need to lay back down, you're in no condition to be walking around!"

"Yeayea, onesecond!" Hoodhide said. "I'm talking-to my brothers and sisters! Howare-you-all?

Zane continued to chuckle a bit a Hoodhide. "We're fine, brother. We're fine! Come on, you'd better do as the nurses command and return to your bed."

Hoodhide smiled eagerly, seeming to relax a bit as he realized everyone else was going to be alright, and began slowly strutting back to his bed. "Well, we found him." Calamity said behind Zane, who smiled as a response. "What now?" He asked. Zane turned over to him to see him being treated by a Chansey for the poison still around his body. Zane looked through the cracks of the tent opening to see the sun closer to the side of the sky, signalling that it was already late afternoon, and soon to be evening.

"Now...we rest and recover. We've got a lot to do tomorrow, it seems, but for now, we relax. You've earned it."

Albia

Frost slouched a bit on the throne, her head supported by her left arm while her other sat on her lap. She was getting very bored with waiting for the two of them to arrive, and that boredom was slightly changing now into anger. She made occasional glances to Sentry, who did nothing but continue to look over the map, not speaking a word to Frost. After a while of waiting, the doors to the Hall opened, and Cedric "Deluge" Ceffyl entered. Frost immediately stopped slouching as she watched the Castform make his entrance to the Hall of Albia. She eyed her curiously, and then turned her gaze to Sentry, who didn't even bother him a glance as he entered.

"Yes, yes, you're both charmed, I'm sure," Deluge said, making his way closer to the throne. "So, Berserker and Noxious're gone, are they? I've always thought they were a cut below Sentinel standard. I've heard good things about Ignitus, though. Does she live?"

Before Frost could answer her, Ignitus appeared through the doors right after him.

"Still alive, unless I've come back from the grave. And those things which you have heard are absolutely true as well. I hope I didn't keep you all waiting. Well then, now that we are all here, shall we begin?"

It seems as if Sentry was awoken from a trance, as he immediately took his eyes of the map and proceeded to the center of the room. He spoke to the three of them.

"Lord Auron isn't pleased with the events that transpired in Eternity City. It was a big victory for the Alpha Alliance. Too big. We cannot have a repeat of that. Because of this, Lord Auron has decided that you three shall remain here in Albia and rule over the city. You must be harsh, and iron-fisted. Curfews must be observed, rules obeyed. And if you so much as have a whiff of treason or rebellion from anyone within the city, you must crush it immediately. No prisoners, no second chances. We have to send a message to the citizens."

Frost began to chuckle a bit as Sentry finished. Sentry gave her his usual cold look. "You honestly believe anyone will attempt to start a rebellion withSentinels in the city? It won't happen. It's suicide for them."

Sentry shook his head. "Before the war in Eternity began, rebellions had already commenced with Noxious and I still in the city. And no matter how much we try to cover it up, news of the fall of Eternity will reach citizens ears here, if they have not already been reached. The people will feel the same can happen here. They will feel revitalized. They will have gained hope. Your job...is to crush their hope. Show them the penalty for their foolish actions. Good luck."

Sentry began heading for the door leading outside of the Hall of Albia. Frost rose from the throne and shouted at Sentry. "Where are you going?"

Sentry didn't turn around to face Frost as he continued to proceed to the door. "Lord Auron has ordered me to go north."

"Where north?" She asked, a mixture of confusion, intrigue, and anger. Sentry stopped as he reached the door, and turned around to face them, looking at all of their faces with his sharp, cold eyes.

"North." He said once more, and exited the Hall of Albia. Frost thought about going after him to get more information, but new it would do no good. She stood there, looking at the other two, wondering what was going through her mind. If situations would truly occur here in Albia, she won't just kill those involve, she'll make them suffer.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum​

Penance nodded his head at Vigil's statement. Well, if they were out of battle for the next few days then it would be easy just to sit back and relax his arm. Still, it didn't mean that he couldn't find something that he could help with around the city. Belas' talk was actually quite heartening for Penance. After all of that negative energy they had faced outside it was nice to know that there were those that saw their actions as they saw them, a necessary act. There to lighten the mood up even more was HoodHide who managed to at least get Penance chuckling.

Penance looked down at the food he was eating and just thought about the battle. So many innocents had lost their lives today and there would be a whole lot of angry relatives who would probably like nothing more than to give their two cents to the Gold Tribe. Penance looked over at his brothers who eagerly ate the food Belas gave them. There was something that Penance was forgetting- something big. Penance closed his eyes and thought hard. He got Demas to his house, he managed to help free the city from the Sentinels, and he was here with the rest of the Gold Tribe. What had he forgtotten?

It was then that it hit Penance like a brick, actually make that two bricks. Penance looked back over at the others and let out a loud cough, "Um, I would like to say something, to all of you. I-I'm sorry for invading your minds during battle. I never thought of asking any of you before hand for permission to talk with you via my psychic powers. That oversight was entirely my fault. I just want to say I'm sorry if I pushed past any personal space and that I'll make sure to ask before we enter battle next time."

Penance felt very ashamed of his actions. Now that he thought about it he had ignored all of his brother's and sister's personal space. He had just pushed right on through into their minds without a second thought. Yes, they were fighting for their lives but still, it would have been nice to at least give an apology while he had been doing it. Now, he just felt like a creep.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Eternity City

Zane looked up at the flustered Defender, clearly upset because of his mind intrusion he had done earlier in the battlefield. With a smile, Zane replied.

"Defender, do not trouble yourself with that. You did what had to be done at the time. In essence, if you hadn't done that, who knows where we would be right now? If anything, I would have to thank you for it."

Zane smiled once more at Defender. As he looked up, a new set of soldiers raced in with more injured collected from the battlefield. Zane sat and watched as a Chansey was brought before them, and attempted to revive a Charmeleon. Zane recognized the Alpha Alliance soldier. He was with them all the way since the torturehouse, as one of the soldiers rescued there. Zane watched as the Chansey did all she could to rescue the soldier, but eventually, he couldn't hold on and the Pokemon passed. More troops began arriving through the tent opening, either dying or dead. The cost of victory was indeed high. Zane hung his head down, in mourning. He knew there was nothing he could have done. He knew this was how war was. But that didn't make the pain easier.

The rest of the day passed rather slowly for Zane. While many others went around and help with the recovery of the first battle, Zane found himself sitting and observing most of the time. He helped where he could, but with his limited expertise in healing, he couldn't do much in that field. Under a request from General Belas, he asked that himself and the other Gold Tribe members try to avoid strenuous activities, and simply rest. But while everyone was going around, helping with the recovery process, it was a hard thing to do. Still, Zane did his best to follow through with the request. Zane didn't see much of the other Gold Tribe members after their interactions with Demas and the medical center. He did however help out with scouting along with another small group of Alpha Alliance soldiers. The scouting team check the eastern borders of Eternity, to see what kind of activity was going on in Silver Tribe-controlled Valkaria. From what Zane could see, all Ancients have made a retreat to either to Albia or beyond. The confirmation of victory brought relief to Zane. For the first time in a long time, he felt he could have a good sleep.

And as it were slowly approaching night once more, Zane felt himself get weary from the events that transpired today. Whatever Belas was planning to relay on them tomorrow, Zane knew he needed to have rest now. Tents were set up all across the city, while others were given refuge inside the homes of citizens of Eternity. Through the sea of tents, Zane spotted the Gold Tribes' lined up close to one another. He saw Calamity entering his, preparing to head off to bed himself. They exchanged smiles and nods, and proceeded into their own tents. Zane saw a cot in the middle of the small tent, and practically fell on it. He was tired, and after all the fighting, it was time to rest. Tomorrow was a big day. They had to be ready.

This is the beginning, A voice said.
Zane jolted up, looking around to expect to see the inside of the tent he was sleeping in. Instead, there was nothing. Nothing but white space, and Zane right in the middle of it.

It will be difficult, but victory is still possible. The voice said again.
Zane looked around, attempting to locate the origin of the voice. As far as he could see, it was nothing but white, neverendless space. Suddenly, the figure of a Zangoose appeared in front of him. It wasn't Lyn, but it wasn't Rey either. This was another Zangoose that Zane didn't know. But he wore a Gold Tribe emblem. Zane felt compelled to reply to him.

"So many died today. And this is just the first battle. They'll only get tougher from here." Zane said, looking at the Zangoose. The Zangoose nodded in reply, and when he spoke, his voice seemed to echo through the entire room.

Nobody said it was going to be easy. But you are Gold Tribe. You and your brothers and sisters can get it done. You must, he said.

"But at what cost? The Gold Tribe is down to a handful of us remaining. There are so few of us, I don't know if we can get it done..."

Sacrifice is part of being in the Gold Tribe. Sacrifice of your name, your attachments, and ultimately even yourself. Everyone in the Gold Tribe has to be willing to do this. The question is, Zane: are you?

Zane opened his eyes to the sound of noise outside as Alpha Alliance soldiers began to rise from sleep. Sunlight could be seen through the cracks of the tent openings. He rose his back off of the cot, and looked around, trying to make sense of everything. The word sacrifice still roamed around his head. It was true. In the end, sacrifice was inevitable. But did it mean sacrificing the entire Gold Tribe as well?

Zane adjusted his Gold Tribe emblem onto his shoulder, and proceeded outside. Calamity exited his own tent soon after, greeting Zane. The two walked together towards the Citadel, where General Belas would be. He decided to put the thoughts of the dream into the back of his mind for now, and focus on what would happen now. He had a meeting to get to.

"Sleep well?" Zane asked Calamity. Calamity smiled, stretching his shoulders a bit. "Nothing like the first sleep after a long war." He said in response. "How about you?" He asked Zane. Zane didn't respond to the question, instead walking steadily forward. The two chatted as they made their way towards the Citadel. Upon reaching there, the guards opened the gates and led them inside. The meeting was being held in the war room which resided at the far end of the first floor. Zane looked at the designs of the large building. It had a shining bluish-grey color all around it. However, despite this, damage could still be seen across it, from cracks to broken rock spread around. The Citadel was a testament not only to the endurance of the building after the war, but a reflection of the armies that fought in and outside it: damaged, but not broken in spirit.

Zane and Calamity arrived at the meeting room. Inside, General Belas sat with Hazone close by. Hoodhide, who was wrapped in bandages, also sat. Upon seeing the two arrive, Belas greeted them with a booming voice.

"Ah! Excellent! You have begun to arrive. We shall begin when the rest of you are present. There is much to discuss." Belas gave a wide grin to both of them. "It's...kind of strange to be back here..." Belas said, admiring the room. "I don't think I've sat in here in over a year, back when the first invasion of Eternity began. To be back in this room as its conqueror...I suppose it's a good feeling."

All of them smiled, and waited for the others to arrive. There was still much to do, even with the first victory.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Belas' words helped Hanso feel a little better as he pushed himself away from the wall and pulled some food out of the bag that had been brought for them. When the Chansey that had helped heal him before came by to see how he was doing, she advised that he eat a few Pecha berries.
For Hanso, the rest of the day didn't pass quickly or slowly. Despite what Belas and Zane said about the Gold Tribe resting for the day, the Gallade ended up helping move boxes and other things around Eternity, often seeing Vanni in passing. There was never enough time to continue their conversation, but Hanso ached to find out what else the Machoke knew about the Gardevoir he'd seen in Shine City. There was no doubt in his mind that it was his sister.

As night approached, Hanso gradually stopped helping around the city - the lifting was beginning to agitate his right arm. Soon, he found himself searching for the Gold Tribe's tents. As he approached his, Hanso saw Vigil and Calamity enter their tents. When he found his own, he didn't look at anything besides the cot that welcomed him.

There was fire in several places. In fact, this was the first time that he had actually seen several houses on fire at the same time. He only saw it in passing, though, because he had to concentrate on fighting the monsters that swarmed the city. The army that had been reported to sweep in from the north had finally arrived. He'd never seen such creatures before, not in person.

"Sir, we need to get out of here!" It was the Hitmonchan that had been fighting beside him for the past...few minutes? Hour? His fists were a blur whenever they struck down an enemy. "There's too many of them, even for you!"

He wasn't sure if he acknowledged that; he wasn't sure it mattered. He'd been fighting beyond the time when he saw others retreating. He wasn't going to let anything bring him down; even if something did, he'd go down fighting.
"Idiots!" The surrounding enemies were blown away some paces. He spun to find that a Kadabra had appeared and done so. "I don't know why you two are still here! And I don't care!" Before he could protest, the Kadabra had put a hand on both him and the Hitmonchan and teleported them away.

Once the Kadabra had left them, Hanso spun to find the city. It was to the south; he and several other Pokemon were near the shore of Shine Lake. From here, he could tell that the city was finally falling. Even then, a section of the attacking army had split away to pursue the soldiers near the lake. As they fled, Hanso looked among the others, but he did not see her.

He opened his eyes to find sunlight beginning to stream in. That was the first time in a long while since he'd relived the battle of Shine City. At the time, of course, he'd believed that Brynn was simply somewhere else. Or, he had forced himself to. He wasn't sure which.

Hanso groaned as he pushed himself off the cot. Okay, shouldn't have worked yesterday. His body felt sore from the battle and the menial work he'd done after. Just as sore as normal, though, something he could ignore for the time being.
Looking around the tent, he realized that he might, for once, have a consistent place to return to each night. Which meant he didn't have to wear his bracer all the time simply to make sure he didn't lose it. Hanso put his insignia on his upper arm, leaving the bracer beside the cot as he walked outside. As he hadn't had the chance to relax much, it felt good to not have any pressing matters.

Hanso found his way to the citadel, following some paces behind Vigil and Calamity but remaining silent. His thoughts idly wandered along the way.
He looked up at the Citadel as they approached it. What would it take to recapture all of the other cities?

When they walked into the meeting room, Belas greeted them.
"Ah! Excellent! You have begun to arrive. We shall begin when the rest of you are present. There is much to discuss." Belas gave a wide grin to both of them. "It's...kind of strange to be back here..." Belas said, admiring the room. "I don't think I've sat in here in over a year, back when the first invasion of Eternity began. To be back in this room as its conqueror...I suppose it's a good feeling."

Hanso found the seat nearest to the entrance of the room and sat down, wondering just how many more members of the Gold Tribe might be in hiding.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum​

"Defender, do not trouble yourself with that. You did what had to be done at the time. In essence, if you hadn't done that, who knows where we would be right now? If anything, I would have to thank you for it."

Penance smiled weakly, "Uh, thank you Vigil." In truth while Vigil's assurance did slightly take off some of the guilt Penance still felt the shame. While the others went off to help around, Penance just stood there not knowing what to do. He really didn't have any medical training, so he couldn't help there. Penance instead found himself helping to bring in the wounded soldiers. With his psychic powers he could easily levitate those who couldn't be moved and transport them to the make shift hospital.

It was two hours later right after he had finished transporting another soldier when he heard a voice. Looking behind he saw a flash of orange and suddenly Demas was pulling his arm, "Come on! I finally have it right!"

Penance pulled out of Demas' grip, "Demas, I have more important things to do beside being a guinea pig!"

"Aw! Come on Penance! One little test won't hurt!"

Penance shook his head, "I can't risk having my arm flare up again. Sorry but you need to find someone else." Demas just stared for a moment before walking away, grumbling under his breath.

Penance continued to help out as much as he could but his weariness eventually forced him to find a place to sleep. As he trudged over to the cots that had been set up he felt a hand on his shoulder. Matthias was right there, "Hey, remember I have a house in this city. Come on, it's been a while since you've been in your bed."

Penance smiled weakly and followed after his father and a while later the two were back home. It was just as Penance remembered it. The wood floors still had their sheen and all the furniture was still in place. "Your room is still the same." Matthias said. Penance just nodded and moved past his father. The door to his room creaked open and Penance moved gratefully to his cushioned bed and instantly fell asleep the moment his body made contact with the cushions.

Perhaps for the first time since the war had started he didn't have any dreams that night. Most of the time he would see her. He would hear her voice, see her face, but that night... he didn't. It was actually a hand that woke him up. Blinking his eyes Penance looked up to see his father. He looked out the window to see that the sun was still hidden. "Come on, I made some breakfast."

Penance nodded sleepily and forced himself to get up. There was no talking at the table. Penance eagerly ate the food he had missed ever since he had gone to the Academy for training and Matthias just watched. Light began to stream into the window and Penance finished his meal, "Dad, I've got to get going."

Matthias looked at him and smiled, "I know. If you and the others are still in the city by the end of the day tell them that we have more than enough room."

Penance just nodded and headed out. It was a jog to where the meeting was taking place. Once he got inside Penance already saw that Vigil, TrueStriker, Calamity, and Hoodhide were there. Penance found a seat and sat down, waiting for the others.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
(Bunnying you all to the meeting when you post next, you can decide if you want to add in what you did prior)

Eternity City

After a few more moments, Dark Lightning entered into the room. He nodded his head to everyone in respect, and took his seat next to General Hazone. Dryad, Wildfire, and Sword and Shield entered soon after that, followed by Kivir. Speculum entered a few moments later. A few adviser Pokemon were with Belas now as well. It seemed as though almost everyone had arrived at the meeting. Zane noticed that Guardia was nowhere to be seen. In fact, Zane had not seen her since yesterday. He assumed he would be here shortly. However, Belas began speaking anyways.

"Well, for the most part, everyone seems to be present, so we can begin." Belas stood up and walked around the others as they sat in the circular table. In the middle of the table was a rather large map of Valkaria and the Alpha Alliance. A few markers were placed around the map in certain areas. Belas seemed to pace around the table for a moment to find the right words to say, but then stopped in front of his own seat, and spoke.

"This was a big victory for us." He said, eying the Gold Tribe members, as well as other figures sitting around the table. "With Eternity City, we gained major foothold back in our land. Daily, Pokemon are coming to Eternity City to sign up for the Alpha Alliance Army, or simply to seek refuge. But we have to build on this momentum. We need to set our sights on the next city in the long run. Albia. But it's not as easy as the situation was in Eternity. We had good footing there, and a plan to get into the city. There is no underground path into the city. There is no shortcuts. The only way to lay siege to the city is a front assault."

General Hazone looked over the map and chimed in. "We're going to lose a lot of soldiers in a frontal assault. The watchtowers provide too much vision. Not to mention the fact that the enemy could receive reinforcements from the Gravel City Torturehouse or the Shine City outpost, which would make us surrounded. This would be suicide."

Belas spoke now in reply. "Agreed." He began. "A frontal assault in these conditions would be terrible. Which is why I have formulated a plan. A plan that involves the Gold Tribe." He said, eying each of the members of the Pokemon around the table. "I'm afraid I must ask a lot of you now, Nobe Gold Tribe."

Calamity shifted in his seat in anticipation for what Belas had in mind. Hoodhide leaned in to hear better. Zane's eyes shifted between the others and Belas. "What is it you require."

"Those watchtowers would be the end of us." Belas began. "Our armies will be annihilated before we ever reach the entrance to the city. We need those taken out. Hazone and I will march the Alpha Alliance armies to Shine and Gravel City to the south. By securing those areas and destroying the torturehouses there, we can ensure no reinforcements will surround us from the south. What we need from you in the meantime is for you to somehow destroy or sabotage the watchtowers of Albia. I have asked my new Chief Kivir to assemble a small group and accompany you as well."

The room was silent for a moment as everyone seemed to contemplate the plan. It would be borderline impossible to accomplish. Zane couldn't even begin to understand how they would get into the city and sabotage the watchtowers without the Silver Tribe discovering.

"The best option for you, it seems, it to go north, and cut through the Korhal Mountains. From there, you can sneak into the city and take out those towers."

Zane pondered Belas's words. From what it looked like, it would seem possible to get into the city from the Korhal Mountains. Few would expect an infiltration from there. Problem was the Mountains themselves. The high elevation provided for freezing temperatures. In addition to that, all across the region were wild, untrained savage Pokemon who have lost their minds in the cold climate. They are nothing more than beasts, who attack on sight, and the harsh environment made them strong. There is also rumor of even stronger, legendary Pokemon that dwell there and do not welcome outsiders.

Dark Lightning seemed to be thinking thus, as he chimed in. "General Belas, what you ask of is an impossible feat. We of the Gold Tribe are enduring, but few can survive the sheer cold of the Korhal Mountains, let alone the other dangers that dwell there. Is it a suicide path."

Belas turned to Dark Lightning and responded. "I know it's dangers, but we are left with very little options. If I could send anyone else in your places I would, but I know that you are probably the only ones that would be able to withstand it and come out alive. We have no other choice."

"There may be another option." A voice said from the side of the room. There, Guardia stood, with her arms crossed leaning on a column at the edge of the room. Zane didn't even hear her enter. "We can go through Eden Forest."

All of the air seemed to rush out of the room at what Guardia said. Zane eyed her with the expectation that she would suddenly burst into laughter and claim she was joking. Hoodhide, who was taking a drink of his medicine, coughed it all over the side of the room. Calamity hung his mouth wide open. Dark Lightning shook his head in disbelief. There was reasoning behind these reactions.

Eden Forest had a long, dark history in the Alpha Alliance. Very few can recall the exact day that it had stopped functioning as a normal forest. It had been so long ago now. From what Zane remembered in the stories, there was once a Lucario Arnold who sought to change the norm of society completely in the Alpha Alliance. Instead of rules and regulations and laws, he advocated for the abolition of every law and rule known. He believed then the Alpha Alliance would become a completely free society, and everyone ruled themselves. The view had quite a bit of supporters, who followed Arnold. But it had harsh criticism too, believing it to be too rash, and too heartless. In this system, burglary, assault, murder and all other crimes would become second nature, as if nothing was wrong with it, and nothing could stop it. But Arnold wanted to go ahead with his plans. Gathering up all of his supporters, he attempted to launch a revolution that would bring his dream to reality. The Gold Tribe fought this rebellion, and ultimately, finished it. Those who managed to avoid captivity fled to Eden Forest and made it their home. The forest was like a labyrinth, and eventually the Gold Tribe stopped immediate pursuit of Arnold. The forest became almost independent of the Alpha Alliance, coming solely under the jurisdiction of those inside, as they were the only ones who learned how to navigate it. Over time, it became a safe haven for all types of criminals, and those inside renamed it Thieves Forest. Outsiders who attempted to enter were never heard from again. Since then, the Gold Tribe and the thieves have been at odds with each other in a feud that has lasted many decades. Many Pokemon that originated from inside there have been problems on wanted lists across the Alpha Alliance, and it often was up to Gold Tribe members to deal with them. Right before the invasion of the Silver Tribe, a Pokemon named Ralph Kenion was the most wanted Pokemon in the Alpha Alliance. He is referred to by the Pokemon of the Thieves Forest as the 'King of Thieves'. So when Guardia brought up the possibility of going to Albia through there, the reactions of the Gold Tribe members were expected to be thus.

Zane spoke. "Lyn...Guardia....what possible way can you expect us to enter there? That is a folly plan." Lyn grinned in reply as she walked over to the table and pointed at the map as she spoke.

"No, it's brilliant. And what's better, the Silver Tribe won't see it coming. The Thieves know the forest. They live there. They also know secret routes into Albia. We can get them to help us get into the city, and sabotage the watchtowers!"

Dark Lightning spoke up. "Hold on. How do you know they know secret routes into Albia?" Lyn smiled, and spoke.

"After the Silver Tribe invasion, I was taken there when I was unconscious because they thought I was a refugee. I misplaced my Gold Tribe emblem at the time. Ralph told me himself about these routes. He's not that bad of a person. I mean, he's different, but he's all right."

Zane's shook his head in disbelief. "You were...INSIDE the Thieves Forest?! With Ralph Kenion?!" Calamity asked Lyn, who simply nodded with a smile.

"It was him who gave me the idea to form a rebellion in Eternity City."

Calamity cocked an eyebrow at the reply. Hoodhide hung his mouth wide open. Zane was in a bit of shock, but spoke up. "Alright, but even if what you say is true, there's no way we can all hide our identities as Gold Tribe members. And they hate us. I mean, HATE us. What makes you think they'll actually help us?"

Lyn shot a serious look at Zane. "Because now, there's something they hate even more than the Gold Tribe: The Silver Tribe." No one spoke for a moment, before Lyn added something else. "The enemy of my enemy becomes my friend."

Everything was silent as they contemplated the two options. Calamity seemed to be in deep thought as he muttered in his mind the two options. Hoodhide adjusted his bandages as he tried to make sense of the situation. Dark Lightning shot glances at Guardia. She had always been a free-spirited one, but to mingle with those of Eden Forest was unheard of. Zane shot a glance over to Hazone and Belas, as if to hear their opinions on this. Hazone shrugged. "What you do and how you do it is your business, noble Gold Tribe. As long as you get the watchtowers down, you can choose whatever course you like."

Zane nodded. Two tough choices were presented in front of them. Both were dangerous in their own regard, but both could ultimately end badly. But Zane wanted to get the opinions of the others. He wanted to know what they thought should be the correct course of action. Zane looked at his brothers and sisters, and Kivir as well.

"What do you think we should do?" He asked all of them. "The path through the Korhal Mountains or the Thieves Forest?"

Last edited:

Garet

GhostFire
Years
As the remaining Gold Tribe members and others gathered to the meeting, Hanso took a good look at each of them, putting together what he knew of them into mental files. There were Vigil, Defender, Sword and Shield, Calamity, Kivir, Hoodhide, Speculum, Dark Lightning, and the two he'd seen most recently: Wildfire, the Infernape, and Dryad, the Lilligant. The first four had initiated the jailbreak, with the Ditto and Breloom being fellow prisoners; they'd all met the Scrafty near the forest; and the last three had all appeared during the battle.

Hanso still wanted to know what the story was with Kivir, and he was curious as to where the three newest had come from. Not to mention that medallion Vigil had received from a Chansey. A few questions he wanted to know the answers to.
As his eyes ran around the room, Hanso frowned slightly. Where is Guardia? Even if she didn't end up as the Gold Tribe's leader, it was important that they all be at this meeting.

"Well, for the most part, everyone seems to be present, so we can begin," Belas began. Hanso had to let his questions rest so he could pay attention. As the General walked around the table, the Gallade looked down at the map of Valkaria. A bit later, Belas continued.
"This was a big victory for us. With Eternity City, we gained major foothold back in our land. Daily, Pokemon are coming to Eternity City to sign up for the Alpha Alliance Army, or simply to seek refuge. But we have to build on this momentum. We need to set our sights on the next city in the long run. Albia. But it's not as easy as the situation was in Eternity. We had good footing there, and a plan to get into the city. There is no underground path into the city. There is no shortcuts. The only way to lay siege to the city is a front assault."

Hanso frowned again. The most direct, yet wasteful, approach of any battle.

General Hazone looked over the map and chimed in. "We're going to lose a lot of soldiers in a frontal assault. The watchtowers provide too much vision. Not to mention the fact that the enemy could receive reinforcements from the Gravel City Torturehouse or the Shine City outpost, which would make us surrounded. This would be suicide."

Belas spoke now in reply. "Agreed." He began. "A frontal assault in these conditions would be terrible. Which is why I have formulated a plan. A plan that involves the Gold Tribe." He said, eying each of the members of the Pokemon around the table. "I'm afraid I must ask a lot of you now, Nobe Gold Tribe."

Ya think? Hanso thought. It seemed that there were more things than simple fighting that the Gold Tribe had to do. Vigil asked, "What is it you require?"

"Those watchtowers would be the end of us." Belas began. "Our armies will be annihilated before we ever reach the entrance to the city. We need those taken out. Hazone and I will march the Alpha Alliance armies to Shine and Gravel City to the south. By securing those areas and destroying the torturehouses there, we can ensure no reinforcements will surround us from the south. What we need from you in the meantime is for you to somehow destroy or sabotage the watchtowers of Albia. I have asked my new Chief Kivir to assemble a small group and accompany you as well."

The room was silent for a moment. Hanso noted a few things in his head. First off, it may not be easy to secure the torturehouses, but it wouldn't be as difficult as the jailbreak. Next, unless there was someone who could teleport and had a clear image of the watchtowers' insides or immediate surroundings, Hanso didn't see how they could sneak in.

"The best option for you, it seems, it to go north, and cut through the Korhal Mountains. From there, you can sneak into the city and take out those towers."

Hanso started. One of the most freezing climates of Valkaria, with a harsh environment and tough, savage Pokemon. That alone would be--

Dark Lightning chimed in. "General Belas, what you ask of is an impossible feat. We of the Gold Tribe are enduring, but few can survive the sheer cold of the Korhal Mountains, let alone the other dangers that dwell there. It is a suicide path."

Aptly put.

Belas replied, "I know it's dangers, but we are left with very little options. If I could send anyone else in your places I would, but I know that you are probably the only ones that would be able to withstand it and come out alive. We have no other choice."

"There may be another option." A voice said from the side of the room. There, Guardia stood, with her arms crossed leaning on a column at the edge of the room. It seemed, to Hanso, almost like she might've done it as a grand entrance. "We can go through Eden Forest."

Hanso's hands jerked as he stared at the Zangoose. Another suicide path! True, Eden Forest was nowhere near as cold as Korhal Mountains, but its inhabitants were just as dangerous, especially if they were to go up against Gold Tribe warriors in that green maze! Hanso vaguely wondered if it might be better to put off the attack on Albia.

Zane spoke. "Lyn...Guardia....what possible way can you expect us to enter there? That is a folly plan." Lyn grinned in reply as she walked over to the table and pointed at the map as she spoke.

"No, it's brilliant. And what's better, the Silver Tribe won't see it coming. The Thieves know the forest. They live there. They also know secret routes into Albia. We can get them to help us get into the city, and sabotage the watchtowers!"

Hanso's eyes narrowed. Dark Lightning spoke up. "Hold on. How do you know they know secret routes into Albia?" Lyn smiled, and spoke.

"After the Silver Tribe invasion, I was taken there when I was unconscious because they thought I was a refugee. I misplaced my Gold Tribe emblem at the time. Ralph told me himself about these routes. He's not that bad of a person. I mean, he's different, but he's all right."

Zane's shook his head in disbelief. "You were...INSIDE the Thieves Forest?! With Ralph Kenion?!" Calamity asked Lyn, who simply nodded with a smile.

"It was him who gave me the idea to form a rebellion in Eternity City."

Zane was in a bit of shock, but spoke up. "Alright, but even if what you say is true, there's no way we can all hide our identities as Gold Tribe members. And they hate us. I mean, HATE us. What makes you think they'll actually help us?"

Lyn shot a serious look at Zane. "Because now, there's something they hate even more than the Gold Tribe: The Silver Tribe." No one spoke for a moment, before Lyn added something else. "The enemy of my enemy becomes my friend."

Hanso sat back in his seat, contemplating. If it was true that the criminals of Eden Forest hated the Silver Tribe more, then what Guardia said would also be true. Until such an alliance is no longer needed, Hanso added to himself. If the Gold Tribe and Alpha Alliance were to succeed in taking over Albia, then what would stop the Thieves from immediately turning on them? Plus, as Lyn said, they knew ways into Albia.

When Vigil looked to the Generals, Hazone shrugged. "What you do and how you do it is your business, noble Gold Tribe. As long as you get the watchtowers down, you can choose whatever course you like."

Two suicide paths. One was a cold, savage place with cold, savage Pokemon. The other was a maze of a forest with Pokemon who hated the Gold Tribe and, possibly, may not listen to anything they say. Both would lead to bringing the watchtowers down.
The Korhal Mountains were certainly dangerous. The Thieves' Forest would be dangerous if the Thieves did not help at all.
Certain danger versus possible danger.

"What do you think we should do?" Vigil asked all of them. "The path through the Korhal Mountains or the Thieves Forest?"

Hanso suddenly had an urge to chuckle, though he smothered it. Just yesterday, he had thought that Demas' move learner was something of a suicidal wish. Standing, the Gallade answered, "The Thieves' Forest. If we can establish a temporary alliance, then it would be less dangerous than the Mountains." Hanso sat back down.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum
Penance was silent as the plan was discussed. All he really did was adjust his cast every so often and scratch it. It turned out that casts were really itchy. Penance had been to Albia. What the others said was true. The watchtowers could see far out and one time, back when he was still a Psyduck, his father had actually managed to pull a favor and allowed him to go up and see just how far the tower could look out. It had indeed been very far and if they did go for a frontal assualt they would be wiped out before they could even so much as step foot in the city.

Then Belas told them what the true plan was, to go through the Korhal Mountains. Penance could feel his stomach twist as he uttered those words. While Penance had never come close to traveling in those mountains it was said that only a dismal amount of pokemon came back alive. He had heard from various instructors that the mountains were filled with stronger than average pokemon and there had even been rumors floating around the academy that stated that some legendary pokemon lived up there as well.

Suddenly Guardia spoke up and said another option was to go through Eden Forest. That was another place that his instructor had taught his class. Apparently it was a forest full of criminals. Thieves, murders, everyone who had done wrong was located in that forest. It was also said that those who entered the forest would disappear, never to be seen again. Still, it made Penance squirm in his seat. It was then that Guardia actually told them that she managed to befriend the thief kind himself. That... could actually make a big difference. There was some discussion and finally Vigil asked them what course to take.

TrueStriker was the first to talk and he agreed with Guardia's plan. In truth, Penance agreed as well. At least with the thieves they would be able to talk to the them and argue for their own case. Not only that but there were no rumors of legendary pokemon living in the forest. Sure it was a maze, but if they could get the thieves to help them out, show them just how it was only a matter of time before the Silver Tribe came and killed them as well, then they could have some more potential allies. In fact, Eden Forest seemed like the best alternative they had right now. Once TrueStriker finished Penance spoke, "I also agree with Guardia. There is a more likely chance to find new allies there than in the mountains. Plus she does know the king of thieves, which gives us a bigger advantage."

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Replicus 'Speculum' Decendas
Gold Tribe​

Replicus slept like a log that day. His injuries were still painful, and his whole body ached. He definitely thought he deserved a loooong break. Too bad the Gold Tribe doesn't work that way, as he reluctantly woke up early in the morning to attend the meeting.

He arrived right after a few of his brothers, and the meeting began shortly. For the most part, it was all boring talk about how the Gold Tribe was needed and how they were supposed to fight. Speculum's attention drifted in and out of the meeting constantly, as his mind wandered to several other things unrelated to the meeting. The only things he managed to listen to were the path they were taking, the mountains, which seemed like a suicide mission to him.

He didn't really pay any attention until he heard Guardia's voice. "We can go through Eden Forest." That statement got a reaction out of everyone in the room, even Replicus.

"Whoa whoa WHOA... that's crazier than Korhal Mountains..." Was Replicus's first thought as he waited for Guardia to explain her plan. The others expressed their concerns about how crazy this plan was, but Guardia managed to calmly clear all doubts.

"You were in the forest? Damn" Replicus muttered. The rest of the plan was explained, and Belas informed them about their objective. They were supposed to take out the watchtowers. Piece of cake if they found secret routes inside, specially since Replicus could transform into a guard Pokemon and take out all adversaries inside without too much problems. But finding a route inside was essential.

"What do you think we should do?" Zane asked all of them. "The path through the Korhal Mountains or the Thieves Forest?"

Hanso and Penance were the first to answer, as both of them agreed with the Thieves Forest. Replicus also agreed with both of them. The Gold Tribe was filled with strong Pokemon, if the encounter ended in a fight he felt that they could probably manage to hold their own. Fighting nature though, was simply not possible.

"I agree with my brothers," Replicus said. "Thieves Forest is the choice for me. Both seem like a suicide mission... but it's suicide missions we Gold Tribe members are best at handling, isn't it?" He grinned.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Daricka "Wildfire" Cambar

As she waited for everyone else to arrive, Daricka lurked about in the background, her flame flickering darkly. After having food and a good night's rest she could feel her energy returning, rejuvenating her worn out body.

All of the Gold Tribe was there besides Guardia, which Daricka found odd. The Zangoose had seemed intent on being leader of the Gold Tribe, so why wasn't she present now? Even if she wasn't to be leader she should still be here.

"Well, for the most part, everyone seems to be present, so we can begin," Belas announced. As the Metang stood, Daricka retreated to a seat among the Gold Tribe where she could still get a good view of the going-ons without necessarily having to participate. "This was a big victory for us." the general went on as he eyed the others seated around the table. "With Eternity City, we gained major foothold back in our land. Daily, Pokemon are coming to Eternity City to sign up for the Alpha Alliance Army, or simply to seek refuge. But we have to build on this momentum. We need to set our sights on the next city in the long run. Albia. But it's not as easy as the situation was in Eternity. We had good footing there, and a plan to get into the city. There is no underground path into the city. There is no shortcuts. The only way to lay siege to the city is a front assault."

"We're going to lose a lot of soldiers in a frontal assault," General Hazone piped in. "The watchtowers provide too much vision. Not to mention the fact that the enemy could receive reinforcements from the Gravel City Torturehouse or the Shine City outpost, which would make us surrounded. This would be suicide."

"Agreed." General Belas began. "A frontal assault in these conditions would be terrible. Which is why I have formulated a plan. A plan that involves the Gold Tribe." He said, his eyes going over each of the members around the table. "I'm afraid I must ask a lot of you now, Nobe Gold Tribe."

Some of the Gold Tribe members shifted in their seats, but it was Zone who spoke. "What is it you require."

"Those watchtowers would be the end of us," Belas said. "Our armies will be annihilated before we ever reach the entrance to the city. We need those taken out. Hazone and I will march the Alpha Alliance armies to Shine and Gravel City to the south. By securing those areas and destroying the torturehouses there, we can ensure no reinforcements will surround us from the south. What we need from you in the meantime is for you to somehow destroy or sabotage the watchtowers of Albia. I have asked my new Chief Kivir to assemble a small group and accompany you as well." After a giving everyone a moment to contemplate this plan, he added, "The best option for you, it seems, it to go north, and cut through the Korhal Mountains. From there, you can sneak into the city and take out those towers."

Daricka had only been to the outer edges of the Korhal Mountains, and even there the weather had been anything but warm. In the mountain passes it must be well below freezing. Being a fire-type, she might be able to survive it as long as the cold winds didn't extinguish her flames, but others such as Dryad were at a higher risk of freezing to death. Even if they made it through the mountains, they would be in no shape to undertake any sort of missions, especially one of such importance.

Dark Lightning put to words the very thoughts going through Daricka's mind. "General Belas, what you ask of is an impossible feat. We of the Gold Tribe are enduring, but few can survive the sheer cold of the Korhal Mountains, let alone the other dangers that dwell there. Is it a suicide path."

"I know it's dangers, but we are left with very little options," Belas replied, "If I could send anyone else in your places I would, but I know that you are probably the only ones that would be able to withstand it and come out alive. We have no other choice."

"There may be another option." Daricka turned her head slightly to see Guardia out of the corner of her eye. So she had come. "We can go through Eden Forest."

Others in the room stared at the Zangoose in disbelief, seemingly shocked that she would even suggest such a thing. Daricka on the other hand perked up a bit at the idea. Before she'd meet Darius she'd had a few run-ins with Pokemon from the forest known to those who lived in it as the Thieves Forest. It wasn't odd for street Pokemon, most of whom made a living by stealing. There had been many occasions where she herself had bartered with them, though only when she was truly desperate. She hadn't known where they were from at the time, but it didn't really matter when you were struggling to live.

"Lyn...Guardia....what possible way can you expect us to enter there? That is a folly plan," Zane said, but Guardia only grinned and pointed at the map.

"No, it's brilliant," she said. "And what's better, the Silver Tribe won't see it coming. The Thieves know the forest. They live there. They also know secret routes into Albia. We can get them to help us get into the city, and sabotage the watchtowers!"

She had a point there. The Silver Tribe would never expect the Gold Tribe to form any sort of alliance with thieves and vagabonds.

"Hold on. How do you know they know secret routes into Albia?" Dark Lightning questioned.

"After the Silver Tribe invasion, I was taken there when I was unconscious because they thought I was a refugee. I misplaced my Gold Tribe emblem at the time. Ralph told me himself about these routes. He's not that bad of a person. I mean, he's different, but he's all right," Guardia said, the smile still on her face.

"You were...INSIDE the Thieves Forest?! With Ralph Kenion?!" Calamity said incredulously.

"It was him who gave me the idea to form a rebellion in Eternity City," Guardia replied.

"Alright, but even if what you say is true, there's no way we can all hide our identities as Gold Tribe members," Zane pointed out. "And they hate us. I mean, HATE us. What makes you think they'll actually help us?"

"Because now, there's something they hate even more than the Gold Tribe: The Silver Tribe," Guardia said, the smile now replaced by seriousness. "The enemy of my enemy becomes my friend."

General Hazone shrugged. "What you do and how you do it is your business, noble Gold Tribe. As long as you get the watchtowers down, you can choose whatever course you like."

"What do you think we should do?" Zane asked all of them. "The path through the Korhal Mountains or the Thieves Forest?"

Daricka had been waiting for this question to arise and already had her answer ready. "The Thieves Forest, of course. They may hate us, but I'm sure they'll be smart enough to know that hindering us will only make defeating the Silver Tribe harder, and they are the bigger threat at the moment." What she didn't say was that she was almost looking forward to the alliance. Despite her years in the Gold Tribe, traces of her former life were still embedded in her, and she was rather adept at dealing with thieves and using their own logic for her own gain. Or at least she had been. There was no telling how rusted her street skills had become after all these years of disuse.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
EternityCity

Zane listened to his brothers and sisters as they went around the table giving their replies on the topic. TrueStriker spoke first, speaking of possibly establishing a temporary alliance. Defender agreed, alluding to Guardia's familiarity with the King of Thieves. True, it would also be an advantage. Speculum spoke of how it had become somewhat of the Gold Tribe's nature to take on suicide missions. Zane smiled a bit in response, somewhat agreeing. Wildfire also agreed with the Thieves Forest choice. Zane looked at Hoodhide, who gave Zane a smirk and a thumbs up. Calamity was in deep thought for a moment before nodding to Zane. Dark Lightning, shook his head in disbelief at the course of action they were most likely about to take, but ultimately agreed. Guardia clapped her hands together and rubbed them.

"Great! Then it's settled!" She exclaimed. Walking over to the table, she leaned over the map and spoke once more. "Since we're going in a small group, the best chance we have is cutting straight across the plains and right to the western edge of the forest. With any luck, we'll find a thief that'll guide us the rest of the way inside."

"And if we don't find someone?" Zane asked, eying her. Lyn just smiled and replied.

"Well then we'd better go back the way we came and go through the mountains because there's no way we'll find the path inside on our own."

Zane fidgeted a bit in his seat. This whole idea was a bit off. Gold Tribe going into the Thieves' Forest to ask a thief for help? It didn't sit well with him. He wondered if any of his brothers and sisters had similar feelings. But right now it wasn't about what they wanted to do, it was about what they needed to do.

"Then it is decided!" Belas exclaimed. He stood up. "I shall prepare my army to leave for Gravel City tonight. We will then move on and claim Shine City. If all goes well, we should have both locations under our control within the week. In a week's time, we will march on Albia. By then, I pray you have the watchtowers down."

Zane looked across the room at his brothers and sisters. Most held determined looks on their faces. They were ready. So was he. He turned back to Belas and nodded in reply. "It'll be done, General."

Belas grinned. "Excellent! I shall see to the soldiers. We shall depart tonight. I advise you to depart ahead of time to get a faster start. You may need all the time you can get, and every day we linger, it's another day the Silver Tribe can improve defenses." With that, Belas departed out of the war room, followed by Hazone, who gave Zane a pat on the shoulder on the way out.

Zane quietly contemplated their mission. The journey was a path across the plains and into one of the dangerous places in Valkaria. It was unthinkable for some, and yet just another day in the job for the Gold Tribe. They had to be ready.
"Let's get ready." Zane said, preparing to leave the room. "We should head off as soon as we can. Gather everything you need, I'll meet you in the front of the city gates in two hours."

Hoodehide nodded as he jumped off his seat and proceeded to the exit. Dark Lightning followed soon after. Calamity stayed behind for a moment as he thought about the path they were about to take. A thought suddenly crossed his head. He recalled the machine the scientist Demas was using yesterday. Perhaps on a mission like this, it might have been useful to actually try it out. Calamity decided he would go to Demas and try to test out the machine before they left.

Most of the others left by then, leaving Zane alone with Lyn in the war room. Zane crossed his arms as he eyed her, giving her a skeptical look, before speaking. "The King of Thieves? Really, Guardia? You haven't changed at all…" Zane finished, grinning at her.

Lyn smiled back. "What? I probably saved us, or else right now, we'd be freezing our hides off in the mountains!" Zane shook his head. Lyn had always been rather free-spirited and wild, especially for a Gold Tribe member. For as long as Zane had known her, she had been like that. It got her into trouble a lot, but the one thing he liked about her was that no matter what anyone else said, she wouldn't change who she was. She always stuck to her ideals. Suddenly, a look of depression emerged on Guardia's face as she turned around to look out the window of the Citadel. Zane came up next to her.

"What's wrong?" He asked, concerned. She continued to look out the window as she spoke.

"It's just…not what I imagined it to be. To be back here. I thought when I met back up with the Gold Tribe, I would take over as the leader, like my father before me. I thought since I was his daughter, I was destined to be in charge, and restore the Tribe to glory." Lyn turned to face Zane. Zane was about to speak, but Lyn stopped him with her hand raised in the air. "Let me finish. That was what I first thought. Then I spoke to the others yesterday. I admit, I was a bit rash, demanding their obedience without any question, but I thought it was a given. I thought I was supposed to be in charge. But…now I realize. I am not my father. The ability he had to lead was without par. I know that now. I know that I am not supposed to lead. So, I just wanted to say…I'm behind you Vigil. No matter what."

Zane didn't know how to respond. He simply nodded for now as he thought over what she had said. Zane had a similar mindset in his mind when he found out Lyn was alive again. He thought she would take over as leader, replacing him as the interim leader. Apparently, that wasn't going to happen. This prospect alarmed Zane. He wasn't sure if he was really suited to be a leader. He had always been content to follow, whether it was Auron, or Rey. Now, he was thrust into an unfamiliar position, and was doing the best he could at it. In the end, he only hoped he wouldn't disappoint the others.

Pushing those thoughts aside, Lyn and Zane walked back out of the Citadel, going to prepare for their upcoming mission.

Calamity searched around the sea of Pokemon. Many were slowly suiting up to march on Gravel City. As he passed by them, the other Pokemon gave him nods of the head, and sometimes bows as well as encouraging chitchats. Finally, he found what he was looking for, as he came up Demas, who seemed to be examining his machine.

"You said this machine could teach me new abilities, right?" He asked, staring into the eyes of the Pokemon. "There's one I want to learn. Fire it up."

Zane adjusted his emblem onto his shoulder as he pack all his necessities with him. He had a sack which he would be carrying on his back, inside of which was enough food to last him through the journey, as well as a few other necessities. Zane smiled a bit as he wondered how big Sword and Shield's sack would be, seeing as his brother ate the most out of all of them. Zane also packed away Kivir's antique Gold Tribe medallion with him, deciding to bring it along with him. He sighed as he looked around his tent one more time, making sure he got everything, and proceeding outside.

The sun, which was still on the rise before their meeting had begun, was now right at the top of the sky, shining brightly below, indicating the midday, and the time to depart. Zane looked around as the Alpha Alliance Pokemon slowly began to prepare to leave as well. As he passed them, many gave him smiles or nods as a sign of respect. Zane returned the favors whenever given one, as he made his way through the inner courtyard. Passing through the wall, he noticed repairs already going underway at the inner wall, which was partially bombarded by Kivir's plan during the battle. He took a few looks at the wall, before moving on, through the outer courtyard. All around, activity was already picking up, whether from the soldiers who moved around, performing their duties or the citizens of Eternity City, who walked through the streets, no longer needing to fear the Ancients. Zane smiled at the sights of these Pokemon, glad that they had some measure of security in their minds.

After a while longer, Zane reached the Outer Wall of the city, as well as the main gate, a large door that stood a good 10 meters tall. In front of it, Dark Lightning stood, already prepared to leave. "Well met, brother." He said to Zane, as he approached the gate. "Already ready to go?" Zane asked. Dark Lightning nodded back. "I like to prepare ahead of time. I've been in the Gold Tribe quite some time, so I'm used to rapid promptness."

Next to Dark Lightning was Belas and Hazone. "Generals." Zane said, acknowledging them with a nod. "What are you doing here?"

Hazone spoke back to Zane. "You didn't think we'd let you leave the city without saying goodbye, did you?"

Belas laughed loudly. Zane smiled, as did Hazone. They waited for the others to arrive, preparing to depart Eternity City and on to their next venture.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum​

Penance walked out of the room and just strolled around town. There were many positives and negatives to the plan but perhaps the biggest worry he had was the fact that the thieves didn't know Guardia's true back story. If she came back with all of them in tow then the thieves might just be content with slicing their throats right there and leave their bodies to decay. Still, Guardia was sure of this plan and she did have more experience than himself, so who was he to second guess her now? It was indeed better than going through the mountains and having nature pick them off one by one. Penance's thoughts turned to the females in their group. Sure they had the same training he had and had more experience than him but he wouldn't live with himself if anything did befall them. He would have to constantly keep an eye on them and to stay within distance just in case a situation were to arise suddenly.

Penance stopped at the street his house was at and sighed. If he stepped inside he might not come back out. It had been a long time since he had seen his dad and just telling him about the deal they would make with the thieves might cause his dad to start laying down what could happen. Penance rubbed at his cast and frowned, he didn't know how long it would take to arrive at the forest but if they arrived there too early then he would be useless in a fight. Sure he still had one hand but his specialty was firing off Water Pulses as quickly as possible and he could definitely count out his Water Bomb.

Penance went down a side street and rubbed at his bracelet. So far, he had been kept alive thanks to it, but it's luck could only affect him. It was the reason why he had managed to find Vigil and managed to help take down two Sentinels. In a way, he felt guilty. No one else had any kind of aid. They were just naturally gifted... and he wasn't. In a way he was lying to Vigil and the others. He couldn't tell them now! If they found out then he would be stripped of his rank and just be left behind. He had already gone through too much to let that happen.

Penance gave the bracelet a pat and moved through the streets. There was plenty of food around and the merchants were more than happy to fill his pack and he managed to fill up some bottles with water. The only hard part was putting on and getting off the pack from his back. The Golduck walked through the town and managed to get to the gate and saw Vigil, Dark Lightning, and the Generals are gathered together. He walked up, "Hey Vigil, I'm ready."

Meanwhile Demas was grinning at Calamity. "I knew that at least one of you would see my invention for the accomplishment that she is! Now come on!" Demas pushed Calamity into the machine and pressed a button and pulled the lever. Once the engine died down Demas yanked open the door, "Yo! Absol! You still alive? Please be alive! I don't want to be arrested for the death of a Gold Tribe member."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back