• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Breeding question

So I have a togekiss right now but his ivs are pretty
    Bad so I want to breed a new one. Now I want to keep the serene grace ability, is there a sure fire way to pass the ability to each egg similar to the everstone? Or should I just breed it with something outside of its species to ensure each egg has the serene grace ability?

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Ditto in friend safari?

So I wondering if anyone could help me out with this... I have a friend who has ditto as his 3rd pokemon in his safari, but Ive been running around for about 45 mins and haven't found one, whats the encounter rate for dittos in the safari? Also, does he just have to be online the same time I am just once to unlock the third poke, or does he have to be online in order for me to encounter them? And most of my friends have a picture of their ign next to their safari but his is blacked out with a question mark, does that mean his 3rd pokemon isn't unlocked yet?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    You just have to have been at the same time as him at some point, you don,t need to be online at the same time as him everytime you wish to capture that third pokemon.

You know you you click your frind when you'r about to go into their safari there is three slots, and if there aint a question mark in the third on then that means he hasn't unlocked it yet.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Hmm, well I met him on a code exchange site and he added a bunch of people looking for dittos but he doesn't have the poke ball in the 3rd slot, so he must've lied about having a ditto safari?

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Hmm, well I met him on a code exchange site and he added a bunch of people looking for dittos but he doesn't have the poke ball in the 3rd slot, so he must've lied about having a ditto safari?

That's right, it means he hasn't beaten the Elite 4 yet, so he only has two Pokemon in his safari. Also, if he has the "?" where his avatar should be, that means you haven't been online at the same time, so you also can't get Pokemon with Hidden Abilities from his safari.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    That's right, it means he hasn't beaten the Elite 4 yet, so he only has two Pokemon in his safari. Also, if he has the "?" where his avatar should be, that means you haven't been online at the same time, so you also can't get Pokemon with Hidden Abilities from his safari.

Actually, the third slot doesn't appear until you've been online at the same time either, so he might have beaten the Elite Four and have a Ditto in the third slot after all.

So I have a togekiss right now but his ivs are pretty
    Bad so I want to breed a new one. Now I want to keep the serene grace ability, is there a sure fire way to pass the ability to each egg similar to the everstone? Or should I just breed it with something outside of its species to ensure each egg has the serene grace ability?

There isn't any way of ensuring Serene Grace is passed on. There is an 80% chance that the child will inherit the mother's Ability and a 20% chance that it will have the other Ability, so just make sure the mother has Serene Grace. The father doesn't affect Ability inheritance at all, so you don't need to worry about who the father is.

Serebii claims that a pokemon with 3 affection hearts in pokemon amie gets an exp boost. Psypokes claims its only 2. Which is right?

It's 2, I've just tried it out :)

Also, does anyone know the answer to this?

I don't think there's a way to find out those ranked below the top 12 unfortunately.

EDIT: Okay, apparently there is!

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Serebii claims that a pokemon with 3 affection hearts in pokemon amie gets an exp boost. Psypokes claims its only 2. Which is right?

Bulbapedia also says 2: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokemon_Amie#Affection_benefits

And about the PGL battle ranking, they don't seem to display the ranking for you to see, but I checked the server response with Chrome's dev tools when you click a Pokemon in the search table, and they do send the ranking. Look for "rankingPokemonInfo" in the response string. For example, Alakazam seems to be ranked 81, Aerodactyl is 41 and Aurorus is 182. You can check with either Chrome or the Firebug addon in Firefox. If you need any help, feel free to VM me :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • That's great. Tell us when you manage to hatch a shiny!

Hey guys,
    It has been around 3 days and I have struck gold! About 370 eggs in I got what I was after. This cute shiny Eevee is soon to be an Espeon. I would like to thank ya all for the advice and support you have show! I will keep trying to breed more, then I might give some away...
    Thank ya all again =D
    -Dodo Hunter

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    are Pokemons that walking around in my Pokemon Amie other people Pokemons?
    And they often give me gifts. I am wondering if it is players intentionally give it to me or
    computer just randomly give it to me?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    are Pokemons that walking around in my Pokemon Amie other people Pokemons?

Yes, they're other pipz's PKMN's that you met while you're connected online.

And they often give me gifts. I am wondering if it is players intentionally give it to me or computer just randomly give it to me?

They're computer-generated. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    Yes, they're other pipz's PKMN's that you met while you're connected online.

is it possible to tell who Pokemon visit my Amie?

does decoration for Pokemon amie room help you in anything????

does Pokemon affection increase if you put pokemon in amie room?

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • In Pokemon Amie, petting your pokemon in its sweet spot is supposed to give an extra heart. How many hearts does it give by default, and how many when you rub its sweet spot? I'm getting the same amount of hearts regardless, so I want to know whether I need to be trying harder. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back