• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I realized(again) today how much I hate driving

Years
  • That second one is far too common among sober drivers in my area, particularly the type that speed often. It's a habit I had started to develop in the past, actually, because I learned it from other drivers, before I made a conscious effort to cut it out of my habits. If everyone in your area does it, it's a pretty easy bad habit to pick up. In my area, it's usually not malicious, though. It's more of a "GO FASTER I'M IN A HURRY" attitude behind it, though they're too patient/cautious to actually make a passing maneuver.

I've seen plenty of that before, too, lots of times, but my experience was on another level of dangerous/stupid I'd never encountered before.

And supposedly people in my state are good drivers (according to several people from other states) so I can't imagine how it must be like elsewhere.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • This is why I don't drive. The idea of idiots and shit scares me. Well, there's also my special needs that hinder my abilities to drive as well such as autism, ADHD and Dyspraxia. Anyway, my dad is one of the more rare responsible drivers, and he runs into them around Arizona ALL THE TIME. Usually, it's some idiot who's going 25 miles on hour on a 65 mile speed limit. >_____>

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I've been in two minor car collisions with my Mom both times and each time it was someone else's fault. I see so many idiots driving stupidly on the road. As much as I still want to drive myself, I'm afraid to. It's ridiculous how so many 'bad' drivers are in one city lmfaoo.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • And even the best drivers are no exception. Temporary lapses in attention or judgement will happen at some point to all drivers, and the best way to prevent accidents is to make sure you're far less prone to these moments (well, that and keeping your car well-maintained).

This happened to me on my way to work this morning, I almost changed lanes into a car I thought was past me and it wasn't quite yet D:

We're all hypocrites at one time or another I suppose...

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I once saw this van run a car right off the road a few cars behind me. Thank goodness that moron wasn't trying to switch lanes next to me.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    man some cat was driving on the wrong side of the damn road today and almost head on with me. like come on are you even trying people

Years
  • man some cat was driving on the wrong side of the damn road today and almost head on with me. like come on are you even trying people

I imagined this:

toonces_aaa.jpg

Please tell me it was this

also they lack opposable thumbs so what can you do

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    taha I wish, it was some middle aged white collar dude. might as well have been a damn cat tho

Sir Codin

I'm sick of slow-as-shit drivers like a lot people in this thread obviously are that I've made it a point of driving fast any chance I get.

If you don't drive fast, you don't care. And if you don't care, why the fuck are you on the road? Stay home.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd never want to consider driving anytime soon, given how some people can become absolute monsters on the road with their aggressive behaviour. Doesn't help I have special needs *cough* autism and social fear *cough* so I'd probably not even be able to go unassisted.

I'm good at driving in video games, but in real life it's so much harder.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • If I learn how to drive in Bulgaria, I'll be a pro anywhere else. No, seriously - you guys have no idea how bad those people are at driving. Mainly because we're the most corrupted European country and 98% of the drivers bought their licenses. Oh, and everyone's drunk/high.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I don't mind driving, but I hate traffic. I refuse to drive in any big city because the people there are way too aggressive and I'm constantly on edge. Thankfully it's not bad where I live (most of the time, at least), so I drive a lot. I'm a pretty good driver, and was the only kid allowed to drive my parents' big expedition. I've had some pretty close calls with stupid people on the road, but I've made my fair share of mistakes, so I don't let it get to me.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    good thing i scared myself silly with car crash videos growing up and will not drive for a long time because i will cause an accident otherwise

idk how you people manage to drive safely i know for a fact that i'd either drive too slow or more likely be distracted every two seconds to stay on the road
    that and the fear of killing someone would cripple me and i probably would end up killing someone

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I don't really know where I stand with driving. Part of me loves the freedom of it all, but then the amount of times I get frustrated by other drivers (AND cyclists) puts me off completely.

Back