• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Map Making Competition ? October 2015 [Entries]

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Map Making Competition – October 2015 [Entries]

Map Making Competition – October 2015 [Entries]

Introduction:

One day i was Creeping looking at Hashtag's profile, I found the old "Map Of The Month" threads. I kept looking around and I found out that it was discontinued! I don't know why it was discontinued but, That's not important. What is important though, is the fact that i am here to bring back Map of the month! (Kind of) Now, it will be called "Map Making Competition". I will accept all Entries from October 2nd to October 31st. Good luck to everyone. so.....GET MAPPING!

Theme:

This Months theme is...............Routes!

Rules:

· You may only Submit ONE map per MONTH.
· No entries will be permitted after October 31st at 11:59 Pm Eastern time.
· You may only vote once per month.
· Asking or bribing others to vote for your map, will be dealt with accordingly.
· Creating new accounts to vote will be dealt with accordingly.
· Voting via the thread is not counted, only votes via the poll count.
· Don't complain that we didn't choose your map.

Entry Form:

Map Name: Name of your map must be provided.
Comments: Any comments you want to make on your map.
Credits: Please give credits to the artists of the tiles or ROM bases etc. That you have used.
Map Shot: Post your map in the form of a link, or in a spoiler. Maps not in this form will be rejected.

GET MAPPING!

Last edited:

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
Years
Okay this time I dont post a joke, but the 11/10 would be worth it...
Map Name: Route 800
Comments: From a very very old hack of mine but I edited it a little here and there...
Credits: Gaia,Kyledove,Gamefreak,Nex
Map Shot:
j0waYKH.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
So, I am just getting started with ROM hacking. I'm not entirely new, as I did play around with it about ten years ago. My goal is to invigorate people with the need to hack the Gen IV games, as I've not seen any hacks nearly on the level of what Gen III does. Specifically, I've not seen anyone play with mapping in an actual hack for Gen IV. I have started to do so. But I digress.

Would you accept a map that I've made for a Gen IV game?

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
So, I am just getting started with ROM hacking. I'm not entirely new, as I did play around with it about ten years ago. My goal is to invigorate people with the need to hack the Gen IV games, as I've not seen any hacks nearly on the level of what Gen III does. Specifically, I've not seen anyone play with mapping in an actual hack for Gen IV. I have started to do so. But I digress.

As long as it's a Pokemon Map, I guess. There's no info about Gen IV map not allowed so why not give it a go already ^^

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years

As long as it's a Pokemon Map, I guess. There's no info about Gen IV map not allowed so why not give it a go already ^^

There are no restrictions! Just have fun!

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Map Name: Harvest Trail
Comments: Wanted to make a Fall theme!
Credits: Red-Ex, Seiyouh, Zein, Wesley FG, Javs, Steven ,Erma96, Kyledove, Newtiteuf, E.C.
Map Shot:
Spoiler:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Map Name: Furthen Path
Comments: I made this back in 2013. My first and last ever map. The hack that contained this map is long gone/dead.
Credits: Two and a half years ago. Don't remember if I even have anyone to credit.
Map Shot:
Spoiler:

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
Years
Map Name: Furthen Path
Comments: I made this back in 2013. My first and last ever map. The hack that contained this map is long gone/dead.
Credits: Two and a half years ago. Don't remember if I even have anyone to credit.
Map Shot:
Spoiler:
nice map, some tiles are by kyledove

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
Hi. This is a map I made a long time ago, but recently I have redone it a bit. Because I made it when I was new to ROM hacking, it is very much based off of Route 1 hahaha, so I don't think it's my best work, but I hope you like it!

Credits: Game Freak

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
This is Route 23, from Fire Red & Leaf Green, remade for a hack of HeartGold & SoulSilver that I am working on. As you can see, I've replaced the artificial monstrosities with more natural landscapes. The lake area has been expanded visually to include a river that feeds into it. There are a few added patches of grass and minor details to liven it up. I plan on having trainers on this route as well, to server as another challenge before getting to Victory Road.

As you may be able to tell, there's a minor issue with the alignment of textures. I'm 90% certain that I know the cause and how to fix it, and I will be doing so as I continue to create tilesets for mapping. Apparently, those textures don't actually align in the game either, they just look worse rendered in SketchUp. This is also a rendering of my work area, and not from the game (because I've only just finished mapping it). When it's in the game's rendering engine, the jagged edges will (like on the beaches) will be a lot smoother.

Credits: Game Freak (graphics), Spiky-Eared Pichu (SDSME)

EDIT: Careful, it's a large render. I've resized it a bit.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Tailes

Nothing to see here
Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2022
Map Name: Route 5
Comments: I wanted to keep it simple, it's an optional route connecting two towns, which is why i went with the urban-y path tiles. Combee and Buneary are common here. That one tile on the top gatehouse entrance doesn't show properly because it's triple-layered.
Credits: The tiles are mostly vanilla FR and EM, signs were made by me.
Map Shot:
Spoiler:

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Map Name: Route 609
Comments: For some odd reason, I feel like this map is missing something but I have no idea what. I tried to add as much decoration as I could, and I think it looks good. Also ignore the tile errors with the trees, need dat triple layer. :)
Also, I'm well aware of the route only going one way, the cave is the second. ;)

Credits: Zeo, Magicscarf, Zein, and WeselyFG.
Map Shot:
Spoiler:

Uncommon

Oozma Kappa
Years
Hi everybody! I've been practicing my mapping for a hack I'm working on. I had fun making this and figured I'd share. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out!

Map Name: Land bridge
Comments: A land bridge across a mountain lake. I was going for a very natural, organic look. I'd appreciate any constructive criticism or advice!
Credits: Project Unamed 2 tilebase by huntercrash - art credits to Dante, Seiyouh, Pey!, Shawn Frost, Zein, and Zeo
Map Shot:
Spoiler:

Back