• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trevenant / Crobat / Dusknoir .dek

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    Living Trees, mutant bats, and the reaper himself. Sounds like one Sinister Forest to me!

Note: This deck uses some cards from Phantom Gate. If you are not familiar with these cards, click the following link...
    http://pokebeach.com/2014/08/phanto...-energy-az-spirit-link-card-and-more-revealed

[19] Pokemon:
    3 Phantump ( XY )
    3 Trevenant ( XY )
    2 Duskull ( Boundaries Crossed )
    1 Dusclops ( Flashfire )
    2 Dusknoir ( Boundaries Crossed )
    3 Zubat ( Phantom Forces )
    2 Golbat ( Phantom Forces )
    3 Crobat ( Phantom Forces )

[28] Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Evosoda
    4 Professor Sycamore
    4 N
    1 Float Stone
    2 Hard Charm
    2 Lysandre
    1 Professor's Letter
    1 Pokémon Fan Club
    1 Startling Megaphone
    4 Ultra Ball
    3 Dimensional Valley

[13] Energy:
    4 Mystery Energy
    6 Psychic Energy
    3 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:
    The idea here is to get as much damage done as possible. Not in the same sense as usual, though. As you evolve your Zubat into Crobat, you'll cause 50 total damage. now, you can throw this all onto one Pokémon, or you can spread it out. Whatever you want. Then Trevenant, while blocking items, will cause 60 damage to the defender, while causing 40 total to the bench. Doesn't matter that the damage has to be split between to Pokémon, because your Dusknoir will put all that damage right where you need it.

What's this, you have an EX on the bench giving you a bonus with its ability? Let's just move all the damage there and get us a prize.

Sometimes, if you have enough counters, you can actually knock something out, then put JUST enough on the defending Pokémon to allow you to bring it down with Trevenant. Oh, and while we're at it, let's spread 40* more total damage onto the bench to play with later.

___________________________________________________________________________________
    Mystery Energy
    Anything with a retreat cost of 3 can retreat with this energy alone, including a Dusknoir if the opponent pulls it up with Lysandre. If your Dusknoir already has the float stone, at least you can retreat your Trevenant for a lower cost too. Plus, keep in mind removing items happens, so Float Stone may not be on Dusknoir forever anyway.

Float Stone
    Throw it on Dusknoir or Trevenant and you don't have to worry about retreat costs. This can help in preserving Dusknoir after it was pulled up by Lysadre, as stated above.

Hard Charm
    Helps all your Pokémon survive another attack in some cases. Especially nice considering the opponent only gets one prize per kill, and you're making killing your Pokémon a little harder.
    Debating on switching this for Muscle Band. Though this does help better with surviving, Muscle Band provides you more damage to play with. Will test both of them with proxies eventually.

Dimensional Valley
    Crobat's attack becomes free, Trevenant's attack will only take 2 Energy, while Dusknoir, though it will rarely ever attack, will only take one psychic energy and one double colorless energy.
    Seeing as how Crobat can attack with a single psychic energy, Trevenant just needs a psychic and double colorless, and Dusknoir will rarely ever attack, I'm considering taking this out for Training Center so that Trevenant, Crobat, and Dusknoir can all survive longer. This would work especially well if I kept Hard Charm.

I would like to change the Pokémon lineup so that I could run 4-4 in the Trevenant family, but I don't see any space. I want to keep the damage output from Crobat's family, while I also want to keep Dusknoir's ability to transfer damage and still have one for backup if the first one were somehow killed. Help?

FINAL NOTE: This deck is pure theorymons. I haven't tested it yet, and I'm new to competitive Pokémon. Just saw the new Crobat line and had to make a deck like this.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2014
    Ehhhhh sorry to burst your bubble but the new crobat isn't as good as you think. Too little health and such crap damage. You're better off running the toxic gang plasma one. Plus you get to draw a card? It's a now brainer. I'd rather have on going poison then just a measly 50 points that can only happen if he's active. Considering his low health it's a good attempt at a decent deck. But not as good as you think

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    You also do not need double colorless. As long as that stadium is always out, you dont need 2 colorless energy on your pokemon. Just add more psychic energy and take out the double colorless.

Back