• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Medicham/Machamp! Furious Kicks!

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    I still don't get why people have been hyping over Kingdra, M kyogre, and M gardevoir, when this one pokemon will break every single aspect of the metagame!

Medicham Primal clash 81/160:
    81-medicham.jpg
    First look may be disappointing. It can only do up to 30 damage for 2 energy, yet it can attack twice.

Okay, now think of the fighting modifiers we have.
    images
    180px-StrongEnergyFuriousFists104.jpg
    180px-FightingStadiumFuriousFists90.jpg

XY3_EN_46.png

Using all combined effects, Medicham's Yoga kick will do not 30, not 50, but 110 damage!
    Thats not all though! It can attack twice, meaning it will do a total of 220 damage.
    This way you only need to have 3 modifiers and 2 energy to 1HKO a pokemon EX

"But Yveltal Hard charm dominates fighting types and is very current with the metagame!"
    "Good luck doing 20 damage"

Take another look: Medicham's Yoga kick is not affected by Weakness or resistance. Hard charm would be a slight nuisance, forcing you to put another modifier down, but its not gonna wreck you.

Spoiler:

Remember this?
    180px-FocusSashFuriousFists91.jpg

...Well it will allow you to survive more than one turn.

Spoiler:

Thats why this deck doesn't even need rare candy. Because we have this:
    Spoiler:

Here are the potential match ups:

Yveltal said:
    Big EX pokemon allow for nice prize intake. Medicham can outspeed this deck
    Virgen said:
    More Big EX pokemon that can take more than a few turns to set up. Prizes fall risk yet again to Medicham's KO ability
    Night March said:
    Playing all these small pokemon will get KO'd 2 at a time!
    Seismitoad said:
    The only real threat here. Even though Seimitoad prevents things such as Muscle band and Focus sash from reaching play, There still is your stadiums, Machamps, and Strong energies to rely on. Enhanced hammer will hurt though
    Steel said:
    Easy matchup, but it might be smart to go light on the strong energy once Aegislash is on the field. Otherwise you can outspeed the deck and Eat those bronzongs too!
    Donphan said:
    Donphan is slowly dying out, but it holds as a sturdy matchup against this deck. Its possible just to KO their walls, but that puts medicham at risk to be gradually KO'd

Heres my sample decklist
    4-4 Medicham (Half art)
    2 Machamp FF
    3 Landorus FF
    2 Hawlucha

1 Dowsing Machine
    3 Robo Substitute
    3 Muscle Band
    1 Tool Retriever
    3 VS Seeker
    3 ultra ball
    2 Focus Sash
    1 Escape Rope
    2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
    1 Iris
    4 N
    1 Korrina
    4 Professor Juniper
    1 Lysandre
    2 Teammates
    3 Fighting Stadium

4 Strong Energy
    6 Basic Fighting energy

Comments and criticism are welcome!

Years
  • You can't use Focus Sash and Muscle Band at the same time on the same Pokemon, for starters. And do you know how much luck it will require to get off Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick, especially early in the game?

I do like how you're looking at stuff that's not being focused on, though.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    You can't use Focus Sash and Muscle Band at the same time on the same Pokemon, for starters. And do you know how much luck it will require to get off Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick, especially early in the game?

I do know you cannot have both in play at once, but if you have 3 other modifiers out there that are not muscle bands, its a tank. Otherwise, it does make cards like hawlucha good walls.

And somehow, playtesting this with my brother, I am usually able to pull off Maxie's trick every game, but never pull a N or juniper from my deck :P
    Jirchaci EX seems needed...

Back