• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kanto - Kalos War?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
  • I've just got Pokémon Y and I suspect that there might have been a war between the Kalos region and the Kanto region.

For those of you not familiar with the post-apocalyptic theory of Pokémon, check this out.

If you talk to a few of the NPCs in Parfum Palace, they talk about a great war (akin to Lt. Surge in the Gen 1 games and FR/LG).

One NPC says: "This palace was built after Kalos won a war with neighbouring regions. I'll best a lot of people and Pokémon lost their lives..." The minstrel in Parfum palace says: "The kalos region, now upheld as fair, from ancient days an ugly past doth bear. The woes of war did knock every door, till man nor Pokémon could take no more."

Could this be a hint at the old post-war theory from the Kanto games? Was Kalos at war with the Kanto region?

We all know that Kalos is based on France but the line: "The kalos region, now upheld as fair, from ancient days an ugly past doth bear." makes me think of Germany after World War II. Could there have been a regional war near Kalos where the "Poke-Germany" won, took over Kalos (France) and continued to push it's front to Kanto?

There also seems to be a much higher number of Gen-I Pokemon in the game (so far) compared to the other generations. If there had been a war with Kanto, it would make sense that they'd send Kanto Pokémon over to fight in Kalos.

Maybe I'm delusional or maybe some of you can build on this!

PS: If this is in the wrong section, would any of the mods be so kind as to move this thread to the appropriate section. Thank you.

27thColt

The Collector
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    Sorry, but Kanto war and Kalos War are very different. For one thing, One of the Kalos wars mentioned is 3000 years ago. I know that Lt.Surge isn't over 3000 years old. The OTHER war, is said to be with neighboring regions. I think Kalos and Kanto are very far apart from each other.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Yesh, I was thinking Lt. Surge and the Kalos war made no sense in the fact that his age and the timing of the war didn't match.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Have to agree with the above posts—Kalos and Kanto wars are totally unrelated. d: If there was indeed a war between Kanto and Kalos, then they probably would have made a bigger deal about it, instead of just leaving clues behind and having us put together the puzzle. Plus, there most likely wouldn't be any Kanto references in Kalos at all, as they would have had some sort of a hatred between them. ^^"

Reactions: Sun

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • While it is for certain that Kalos was in a war with neighboring regions, Kanto is based off of Kanto in Japan, and Kalos is based off of France (as far as we know, that is). There are plenty of places much, much closer to France that could have been in war with them.

I will also state that it's likely Kanto was in a war as well, based on that theory. However, it could have very well been with a territory other than the Kalos region.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Since this could expand beyond the games (even though we only have the games to go by for now), I'm gonna move this to Pokemon General. :)

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • While it is for certain that Kalos was in a war with neighboring regions, Kanto is based off of Kanto in Japan, and Kalos is based off of France (as far as we know, that is). There are plenty of places much, much closer to France that could have been in war with them. …

Maybe the Kalos region could have gone through an ordeal similar to one that France might have gone through in the real world 3,000 years ago? We should probably look into this…

…I will also state that it's likely Kanto was in a war as well, based on that theory. However, it could have very well been with a territory other than the Kalos region.

Kanto might have fought with a yet-to-be-revealed region based on some part of China or Russia's Kamchatka peninsula, right?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Well wasent the first war based in America where Surge is from? Not Kanto. There was also another acient war refferenced in the Lucario movie.
    Edit: I tried Googling around 3000 years ago, nothing really. I mean there was some wars, but nothing that really compares to what was mentioned in the games. I guess everything can't connect?

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Kanto and Kalos seem to be situated a bit too far away, in my opinion, to have a war with Pokémon. I don't personally fancy these 'wars' as well. The war that seems to be 1000 years ago seems to be linked wity.humans against Pokémon, as said Virizion's Pokédex entry. Neighbouring regions also seems to give it up, however I don't see it can't be a possibility either. Perhaps a neighbouring region was an extension of Kanto that became its own after the war? I don't see any other way than that.

Years
  • Is there even concrete evidence that Kanto was in a war? Any references to the war that Lt. Surge was in talks about when he was in America, with one other NPC speculating that he was actually from Unova, but never fighting on behalf of Kanto. I know there's the post-apocalyptic theories, but even then, any major wars would've had to have been way in the past, since all the other regions talk about living amongst Pokemon for thousands of years.

I'm not saying that it couldn't have happened, but I think if there were indeed a war between the two regions, it would have been hundreds, if not thousands of years prior. Then again, that's under the assumption that Kanto and Kalos are fairly close in proximity, and if we're going by their real world counterparts, that wouldn't be the case.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • While it is for certain that Kalos was in a war with neighboring regions, Kanto is based off of Kanto in Japan, and Kalos is based off of France (as far as we know, that is). There are plenty of places much, much closer to France that could have been in war with them.

Maybe the Kalos region could have gone through an ordeal similar to one that France might have gone through in the real world 3,000 years ago? We should probably look into this…

I will also state that it's likely Kanto was in a war as well, based on that theory. However, it could have very well been with a territory other than the Kalos region.

Kanto might have fought with a yet-to-be-revealed region based on some part of China or Russia's Kamchatka peninsula, right?

Well wasent the first war based in America where Surge is from? Not Kanto. There was also another acient war refferenced in the Lucario movie.
    Edit: I tried Googling around 3000 years ago, nothing really. I mean there was some wars, but nothing that really compares to what was mentioned in the games. I guess everything can't connect?

Ouch…I guess that was a bit of an epic fail on both of our parts, then?

Lady May

Damn u Youngster Joey no-one cares about ur "Top-p
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2015
    the Kalos war was in Kalos and probably against a region from a side game like one of the Pokemon Ranger series or could have been from an unknown region from the Mystery Dungeon series since no humans were known to be involved in the war and the ultimate machine only killed Pokemon as AZ said

Years
  • Hi Lady May, please make sure you're looking at the date of the last update in a thread before posting, as anything that hasn't been posted in for over 30 days is considered dead, and this thread hadn't been bumped since 2013. In the future, feel free to make a new topic instead if you see something you'd like to discuss, but see no active thread for. Thanks!

CLOSED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back