• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Obsidian Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hey I remember this game. Glad to know its still going strong. Those new sprites and scenes look amazing!

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
Years
Everything looks great, Atomic! Definently an improvement since the last time I saw it.

Gotta say that I'd use the Grass starter, cause his final form looks like an angry tiki man.

Atomic Reactor

And like I said, here's some new screens of the new areas I've been working on!
The route that leads to the desert! :)
updataa.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Good to see you back my man! These look great. Really interesting combinations of tiles. Keep up the great work, and like I say, great to see you back in action!

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2013
This game is too sweet!!

Honestly this is the best pokemon game I've ever played, including out of the real ones! Just a few suggestions though... Maybe more custom pokemon. The three starters are the only ones I've seen, and they're awesome! Oh, and maybe it's only in the version I have, but for some reason when curtain attacks are used, the animation comes out from the wrong side... I really wish the demo was longer... took me 1 sitting to beat it. Honestly though EVERYTHING is amazing!

Atomic Reactor

And SKP, I'm aware of the animation issue, it will hopefully be fixed in the next release!

Here's just a graphical update of Phil and your Dad
oopdata.png

Gmack

I'm back!
Years
I haven't been on Pokecommunity in a while, and usually don't go on anymore, but I do check back to see fan-games like yours and how they are progressing. I'm going to be blunt, and say that this one is my favorite. It just brings so much more to the gameplay than others like Raptor, much like Super Eevee Edition. It just has that Pokemon feel that I got from the older Pokemon games like R/B, or G/S. (Mostly Red & Blue! xP)
Anyway, I'm always happy to look back at this, and just to let you know, this is, again, my favorite fan-game as of present. Most people like Blue Chrome better, and that is an impressive game, but yours is just too original to be overlooked. Nice job.

Atomic Reactor

Thank you for the very kind words Gmack! Means a lot to me :)

I'm sure some of you are disappointed that there are no screens with this post, I have been busy working on my new minecraft server while will debut in a few weeks.
Kitsune and I have done some work in the last few days... not much though lol. But it's stuff I wanted to be done. (Seriously, won't be a big deal to you guys when you play lol) But yeah, project isn't dead, i promise!

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2014
I must say this is one of the best hacks i have played and I would really like complete it I like how even though team plasma are not in the game (so far) but they are mentioned and i also like the plot twist with all the teams from different regions in the game excpt for team galactic (again so far) because i have beat the second gym Marty I think his name was the psychic user I have moved the Snorlax and I have got the bulbasaur of the kind family in Maplebranch town and evolved it and I saw Giovanni Archie and Maxxie talking to that man I can't remember his name and then it stopped as i tried to pass the gate credits came on I understand it takes a while to make a game with only a few prgrammers but please finish it soon and if possible could you add a female character please.

Thanks Ishimaru

Gmack

I'm back!
Years
I must say this is one of the best hacks i have played and I would really like complete it I like how even though team plasma are not in the game (so far) but they are mentioned and i also like the plot twist with all the teams from different regions in the game excpt for team galactic (again so far) because i have beat the second gym Marty I think his name was the psychic user I have moved the Snorlax and I have got the bulbasaur of the kind family in Maplebranch town and evolved it and I saw Giovanni Archie and Maxxie talking to that man I can't remember his name and then it stopped as i tried to pass the gate credits came on I understand it takes a while to make a game with only a few prgrammers but please finish it soon and if possible could you add a female character please.

Thanks Ishimaru

Wait, isn't this the GAME DEVELOPMENT section, not the hack section? Come on, look where you're going next time.
I'd go for this game. if it wasnt for the fakemon. -.-

What exactly is wrong with fakemon? I personally think they work very well with the game itself, and are very creative. I found myself loving them! =D

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2014
Gmack I just didn't now what else ot call it that is why I called it a hack. Plus I have a bit more feedback I noticed that in one of the trees in the first gym you can stand on top of it and again I agree with you Gmack Fakemon can be awesome but then again I have seen some bad ones in my searching of the internet.

Years
i just started playing this. and it is awesome! seems like a real pokemon game except crys being reused. it has things like apricorns :D there was something. oh yea. having to talk to the right person when your dad is right next to the acheologist. had to go and talk to archeologist instead of them having ! seeing me and my character walks up. and maybe add other gender in game?

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
I'm genuinely impressed by this game. It looks like it's progressing along quite nicely. Also, when I first played this I didn't read the instructions and got totally surprised when one of my pokemon DIED.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2014
I'm genuinely impressed by this game. It looks like it's progressing along quite nicely. Also, when I first played this I didn't read the instructions and got totally surprised when one of my pokemon DIED.
With me none of my pokemon have died but i saw the other Nurse jy and she said "Hello i can take a Pokemon into the operating room and bring it back to life for $50,000 Would you like me to revive your Pokemon." I was like what the hell who puts death into a pokemon game (well except for gary's raticate) but still it shouldn't be something that ahppens reuarly

Years
i agree. i think maybe only after certain events if your pokemon faints then it dies. lol. none of mine have died. only fainted

ment to be a quote <.< sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back